Windows 10: Video in a background window is going black as soon as I open another full screen window

Discus and support Video in a background window is going black as soon as I open another full screen window in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The issue is happening across all app on windows 10. But I am only giving the example of Edge. Issue Description: I am in a meeting in google meet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Bitan Debnath, Feb 24, 2021.

1. Video in a background window is going black as soon as I open another full screen window

The issue is happening across all app on windows 10. But I am only giving the example of Edge.

Issue Description:

I am in a meeting in google meet on Edge. I am recording the meeting with OBS studio using window capture feature. When the app is in foreground the video is being recorded without any issue. But when I am opening another edge window in full screen over the one where the meeting is going on, the video of the recording is going black.

This is probably a feature to save hardware resources but it is a big problem for me.

Note:

I have done this before with my laptop. My laptop did not have the issue

I am using the latest windows 10 version and GPU driver.

I have tried disabling hardware acceleration which did not work

Environment:

Windows 10 19042.804

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600

GPU: RTX 2060

:)

Bitan Debnath, Feb 24, 2021
  2. 95Viper Win User

Black screen after 'Starting Windows' sequence

Sounds like the old... windows black screen of death.

Try this quoted from "VisiHow" article "Repair Windows 7 Black Screen of Death":

They, also, have some other options there, too.
    Google search and you will find a lot of the "Windows Black Screen of Death with cursor" fixes.

95Viper, Feb 24, 2021
  3. Marivel Man, Feb 24, 2021
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Video in a background window is going black as soon as I open another full screen window

Desktop background gone black after a few minutes of use on laptop.

Hello,

Desktop background and taskbar going black could be due to software conflicts.

We would like to know some information to better assist you with your concern:

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Did you get any error messages or error codes?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try to check if the "Show Windows Background" option is turned on. Follow the steps below:

• Open Settings in the Start menu.
    • Go to Ease of Access, then on the left side, click
      Other options.
    • Turn on Show Windows Background and check if it works.

We will wait for your reply.

Remon Ont, Feb 24, 2021
Thema:

Video in a background window is going black as soon as I open another full screen window

1. Video in a background window is going black as soon as I open another full screen window - Similar Threads - Video background window

2. How to go full screen with video in multi-window setup?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to go full screen with video in multi-window setup?: Hey guys, I have a 4 window setup on my screen in Windows 10 similar to what's pictured. If I go to youtube and play a video I would like when expanding the video to fullscreen option that it fills 'only that window' and not my entire monitor screen, is this possible please?...
  3. How to go full screen with video in multi-window setup?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to go full screen with video in multi-window setup?: Hey guys, I have a 4 window setup on my screen in Windows 10 similar to what's pictured. If I go to youtube and play a video I would like when expanding the video to fullscreen option that it fills 'only that window' and not my entire monitor screen, is this possible please?...
  4. How to go full screen with video in multi-window setup?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Screen Going Black When a Window Is Open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Going Black When a Window Is Open: At work, I've got a laptop connected to dual monitors, using just the two monitors. The laptop screen is mirrored if I were to open it, and the other two are identical monitors that are extended. The right monitor works just fine if literally nothing is open on it, but the...
  6. Screen Going Black When a Window Is Open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen Going Black When a Window Is Open: At work, I've got a laptop connected to dual monitors, using just the two monitors. The laptop screen is mirrored if I were to open it, and the other two are identical monitors that are extended. The right monitor works just fine if literally nothing is open on it, but the...
  7. Screen Going Black When a Window Is Open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Background keeps going black

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Background keeps going black: Hello all so I just built this PC yesterday and am having this problem that keeps cropping up I was wondering if I can get some help with this. You know how when you click whatever icon it gets the light blue highlight behind it? Lets use the Recycle Bin as an example....
  9. Background keeps going black.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Background keeps going black.: Every so often while I am at my computer, my desktop background will go black. Before this happens I have noticed that if I highlight anything on the back ground it will make that area black. I haven’t changed any settings recently that would make this happen. Restarting my...
  10. how to get black background in Edge in opening a PDF in Full Screen

in Browsers and Email
    how to get black background in Edge in opening a PDF in Full Screen: Hi, how to get black background in Edge in opening a PDF in Full Screen. PFA the screen shot. How to get full black in the background? I was using Reader App, but it is not opening now. It is always asking to open in Edge. Which is fine, but if I open pdf in edge and go...