Windows 10: Video in game is choppy in fullscreen mode

Discus and support Video in game is choppy in fullscreen mode in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; so lately i got a problem with the games most likely with the thirt person ones,when i enter fullscreen from alt+tab the game becomes choppy(i have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Glyph08, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Glyph08 Win User

Video in game is choppy in fullscreen mode

so lately i got a problem with the games most likely with the thirt person ones,when i enter fullscreen from alt+tab the game becomes choppy(i have good fps so its not a lag problem) when i move my character and mouse.I even reinstalled windows(10 Pro) and its still the same

i am an Nvidea user.

:)

Glyph08, Oct 12, 2018

2. Choppy online videos when in fullscreen mode on Windows 10.

Hello Velajuel,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

From the above description, I understand the video played in full screen mode appears all choppy while the issue does not occur when played in normal mode on Windows 10.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

1. Are you facing similar issue when playing videos from system files?

2. Which browser are you using to stream videos?

3. Are you facing the above issue since upgrade?

You may be facing the above issue due to some of the missing system components on the PC. Running the troubleshooter will help in detecting and identifying the issue and sometime will fix to enhance the performance of the system.

Method 1: I suggest you to run the
    Video playback
    troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type
      troubleshooter and select the top most search result.

• Click on View all from left side panel of the screen.

• Select Video playback,
      click on Advanced option and check Apply repairs automatically
      option.

• Follow the on screen instructions.

• Close the window after troubleshooting is completed and check if the changes are effective.

Method 2: If the issue persists, check if similar issue persists when streaming videos online in another web browser.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Oct 12, 2018
  3. Velajuel Win User
    Choppy online videos when in fullscreen mode on Windows 10.

Original Title: Choppy videos in full screen while streaming.

I'm not really tech savvy so I have no idea what is going on or what section this question is supposed to go under. I'm not really sure what happened, but videos being played in full screen just go all choppy, but it does not do that while in just the normal
    mode. I've tried disabling the hardware acceleration and uninstalling and reinstalling flash, but neither of them have worked. Anyone else with an idea?

Velajuel, Oct 12, 2018
  4. Scirloc Win User

Windows 10 1709 (16299.309) has somehow disabled 'Fullscreen' in games.

I recently updated to 1709 and have found that games no longer have access to fullscreen mode.

Most games force me directly to Windowed mode, and no longer list Fullscreen in the enum. Some games still allow windowed fullscreen. Games that list the standard Fullscreen typically crash or post an error when I swap to that mode.

The only thing that has changed on my system is my OS version, and I've been using an otherwise identical setup for gaming for years.

Since updating windows, I updated my video drivers, which resolved nothing. Sadly I just passed my 1 week window to undo the windows 'upgrade'.

Scirloc, Oct 12, 2018
Thema:

1. Video in game is choppy in fullscreen mode - Similar Threads - Video game choppy

2. Games won't open in Fullscreen Mode, but they used to

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games won't open in Fullscreen Mode, but they used to: Hello, The other day my PC stopped being able to open games solely on fullscreen, when I try they freeze/ don't load up on a black screen sometimes I can hear the audio of the game for example Armored core 6, Monster Hunter World, Leauge of Legends. These games used to open...
  3. Games won't open in Fullscreen Mode, but they used to

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Games won't open in Fullscreen Mode, but they used to: Hello, The other day my PC stopped being able to open games solely on fullscreen, when I try they freeze/ don't load up on a black screen sometimes I can hear the audio of the game for example Armored core 6, Monster Hunter World, Leauge of Legends. These games used to open...
  4. Thrown out of games while in fullscreen mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Thrown out of games while in fullscreen mode: Hello!I am using a laptop that has windows 10 installed and for a while, I noticed I am thrown out of any game that is in fullscreen. Simply browsing or watching movies in fullscreen is fine though.The issue behaves like this: I am gaming and suddenly my game shows a black...
  5. Thrown out of games while in fullscreen mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Thrown out of games while in fullscreen mode: Hello!I am using a laptop that has windows 10 installed and for a while, I noticed I am thrown out of any game that is in fullscreen. Simply browsing or watching movies in fullscreen is fine though.The issue behaves like this: I am gaming and suddenly my game shows a black...
  6. All video media is choppy

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    All video media is choppy: This is incredibly infuriating. I have a perfectly good working computer and I have updated all drivers on it but recently, when I watch videos there are times where some frames are just dropped but the audio persists. How do I fix this. It happens in all browsers....
  7. Choppiness in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Choppiness in games: Hello, Windows Users I have Windows 10 on my Asus Laptop, with the latest updates installed. My laptop screen is broken, so I use an external monitor60Hz. When I play any games with vSync off, they just feel choppy and not smooth, even though I don't have screen tearing. I...
  8. Choppy audio in videos recorded through Game bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Choppy audio in videos recorded through Game bar: Hello! I am having a bit of an issue with audio when I record my screen with the microphone on. My microphone is built into my headphones, if that helps answer the question. Now, the audio issue isn't about my microphone audio directly, but is tied into it. I'm trying to...
  9. Games in fullscreen mode stutter and image is tearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games in fullscreen mode stutter and image is tearing: I have a problem with my Windows 10 1809.Whenever I decide to launch a game in fullscreen mode it has an awful stuttering and image tearing to it.Problem can be solved by turning vsync on or by switching off fullscreen optimization in properties of exe file of the game.The...
  10. All games and videos blacking out in fullscreen mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    All games and videos blacking out in fullscreen mode: All of my games, on Steam, Origin, Blizzard, or Uplay have this problem where they black out for about five seconds any time I click or select an option in the game. This is also happening with fullscreen Netflix and Youtube. The issue occurs in fullscreen and windowed...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft edge full screen video choppy

2. windows 10 jerky video in full screen

3. full screen videos choppy windows 10

4. full screen optimization mouse choppy,
  5. videos choppy fullscreen,
  6. full screen videos are choppy,
  7. avi playback choppy in full screen,
  8. choppy in game video,
  9. video playback choppy on full screen,
  10. fullscreen mode choppy in windows 10 pro,
  11. full screen games choppy