Windows 10: Video in games stops running when I am recording

Discus and support Video in games stops running when I am recording in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I am recording my screen by pressing ctrl + alt + R and then open a new tab in the browser, the recording stops. What is wrong?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MOBILIÁRIO, Mar 9, 2020.

1. Video in games stops running when I am recording

When I am recording my screen by pressing ctrl + alt + R and then open a new tab in the browser, the recording stops. What is wrong?

:)

MOBILIÁRIO, Mar 9, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Can’t hear audio while recording games or videos

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We will need some more information to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps. Please reply with the following details:

• How are you recording the games or videos?
    • When you say, “I can't hear anything” you are unable to get the in-game audio or your voice?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

If you are using Game bar to record the games or videos, I suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + I to open
      Settings.
    2. Click on Gaming.
    3. Click on Capture on the left pane.
    4. Clear the check box for Record gaming audio only.
    5. Follow the same steps for Broadcasting.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 9, 2020
  3. Game DVR randomly cutting out sound when recording

Hi Jordan,

Having an incorrect configuration setting is one of the possible reasons why you're having an issue using the Game DVR. To help you resolve this concern, I need to collect more information. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Are you having the issue when you're using the Xbox app?
    • Were you able to record a video without any problem before?

Meanwhile, I suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps provided on the link below:

Click here

Wilfred Mac, Mar 9, 2020
  4. renee1219 Win User

Video in games stops running when I am recording

Record and Take Screenshots with Game Bar in Windows 10

Crazzzzzyyyy quick question but can this be used for things other then apps and games. Such as a way to record a program or a browser for helping make tutorials. The way I understand "Snipping Tool" can take screen shots as well as custom cutouts of the screen your on. And the "Steps Recorder" records the steps taken and can also apply notes to the steps. But can the Game Bar record things like a tutorial steps. Like by recording your screen as a video rather then just steps. Like I said above Crazy Question.

renee1219, Mar 9, 2020
Thema:

Video in games stops running when I am recording

1. Video in games stops running when I am recording - Similar Threads - Video games stops

2. I am not able to record videos with Xbox game bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am not able to record videos with Xbox game bar: So I'm facing problem with recording videos in Xbox game bar. I tried every possible solution like checking registries, settings, restarting services, troubleshooting. And those didn't solve my problem and I even checked web articles and Microsoft articles also. Please help...
  3. I am not able to record videos with Xbox game bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am not able to record videos with Xbox game bar: So I'm facing problem with recording videos in Xbox game bar. I tried every possible solution like checking registries, settings, restarting services, troubleshooting. And those didn't solve my problem and I even checked web articles and Microsoft articles also. Please help...
  4. Xbox Game Bar stops V-Sync when recording in borderless, and stops recording randomly when not.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game Bar stops V-Sync when recording in borderless, and stops recording randomly when not.: I play Geometry Dash on Steam, and I usually record it using Xbox Game Bar. Very frequently, it stops recording and turns to a black screen, where I have to do Ctrl+Alt+Del to get out of the black screen. When I get out, Game Bar tells me I can't record without setting my...
  5. Xbox Game Bar stops V-Sync when recording in borderless, and stops recording randomly when not.

Xbox Game Bar stops V-Sync when recording in borderless, and stops recording randomly when not.: I play Geometry Dash on Steam, and I usually record it using Xbox Game Bar. Very frequently, it stops recording and turns to a black screen, where I have to do Ctrl+Alt+Del to get out of the black screen. When I get out, Game Bar tells me I can't record without setting my...
  6. Game bar stops recording when I close a window

in Windows 10 Customization
    Game bar stops recording when I close a window: I am trying to record a how to video for a class to teach them how to install a few programs but whenever I close a window game bar stops recording. How do I stop this?...
  7. i i am not able to record video .

i i am not able to record video .: hi i am not able to record video in my laptop which is ACER-ASPIRE-3. I RELLY DONT NO WHAT HAPPENED.IT IS JUST 1 YEAR TAKEN THE LAPTOP AND I AM FACING THE ISSUE. PLEASE HELP ME I WANT TO RECORD VIDEO FOR MY YOUTUBE CARRIER PLS HELP ME IN SOLVING THIS .. I AM...
  8. Gamebar Recording doesnt stop Recording when i press stop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gamebar Recording doesnt stop Recording when i press stop: when stop button is pressed the recording doesnt stop.Hence when i end task game bar the recording is lost. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gamebar-recording-doesnt-stop-recording-when-i/4e565019-96a8-42fc-a0ed-6e3b379d9ca3
  9. No video when recording games with Game DVR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No video when recording games with Game DVR: Recently when playing games through Steam and using the Game DVR background recording function I have found that when recordings are commanded by default WIN+ALT+G they have no visual content, only audio. I have traced this back to the Windows service xbgm not running. When...
  10. Recording video with game bar

Recording video with game bar: I have always recorded videos using 3rd party software, but yesterday, I recorded the Remembrance Sunday programme on BBC using the game bar recording mode. My stepson was marching in it and we saw him :-). I was really impressed with quality of recording, both sound and...