Windows 10: Video in Microsoft Photos not opening

Discus and support Video in Microsoft Photos not opening in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am fighting back tears. I created a video and all I had to add was a few more pictures to be done for my daughter's grad video. It will not open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KristinCarney, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Video in Microsoft Photos not opening

I am fighting back tears. I created a video and all I had to add was a few more pictures to be done for my daughter's grad video. It will not open now. I keep getting an error stating that I have to come back and try to open later. It will NOT open. Can anyone please help . Her party is in a few days.

:)

KristinCarney, Jun 10, 2019

2. Photo and videos will not open

Hi Stephanie,

Having a damaged system file within your user profile might be one of the possible reasons why you are experiencing issues with opening photos and videos on your device. To further troubleshoot your concern, we suggest that you create a test user profile.
    Check if you will have the same issue with opening photos and videos using
    the test user profile that you'll create. This is for us to verify if the issue is isolated with one user profile or with multiple accounts.

To create a test user profile, follow these steps:

• Using Cortana search, type Settings and then hit the Enter key.
    • In the Settings window, select Accounts.
    • Select Family & other people.
    • Choose Add someone else to this PC.
    • Click I don't have this person's sign-in information.
    • Click Add a user without a Microsoft account.
    • Name the user as TEST and then provide a password.

Update us about the results.

Darleen Pen, Jun 10, 2019
  3. Videos and photos no longer opening

Hi Serge,

Videos and photos can be opened anytime as long as the program supports it. You will only cannot open it if they become corrupted.
    To ensure that we can provide the appropriate resolution for your concerns with opening files, we’d like to ask you a few questions:

• What is the program you're using to open videos and photos?
    • Where is the "view mode" you are talking about?
    • How do you open videos and photos?
    • What is the format of your videos?
    • What is the format of your photos?
    • Have you opened these videos and photos before?
    • What were the recent changes made on your computer before you experienced this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Did you receive any error messages? If yes, can we have a screenshot?

Get back to us once you provide us these additional information.

Johann Eva, Jun 10, 2019
  4. Video in Microsoft Photos not opening

UNABLE TO OPEN IMAGES AND VIDEOS

Hi,

Have you tried performing the troubleshooting steps listed in the article given by
    Robert Caw? It was posted above.

As a workaround, you may try these steps:

• Right-click the photo or video.
    • You'll see a pop-up box, choose Open With.
    • Then choose Paint or Photos to open an image.

(There are also options to open videos when you click Open With.)

We look forward to your response.

Ronalene Mat, Jun 10, 2019
Thema:

Video in Microsoft Photos not opening

1. Video in Microsoft Photos not opening - Similar Threads - Video Microsoft Photos

2. Can't open videos/photos and apps such as microsoft store won't open.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't open videos/photos and apps such as microsoft store won't open.: Recently I've been trying to open some videos and photos on my pc but everytime I'd attempt to I would get an error message like thisI have watched many tutorials and read many posts about how to make it work, tried alot of solutions and other things. I've also discovered I...
  3. Photos and videos not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos and videos not opening: Device name Joshs-Desktop Processor IntelR CoreTM i9-10900K CPU @ 3.70GHz 3.70 GHz Installed RAM 32.0 GBSystem type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display Edition Windows 10 Home Version 21H2 Installed on...
  4. Photos and videos not opening

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos and videos not opening: Device name Joshs-Desktop Processor IntelR CoreTM i9-10900K CPU @ 3.70GHz 3.70 GHz Installed RAM 32.0 GBSystem type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display Edition Windows 10 Home Version 21H2 Installed on...
  5. Photos and videos not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Photos and Videos not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos and Videos not opening: So every time i connect my switch to my pc to get some videos from it, when im opening the video it works for the first time but after that it doesnt work and shows me this message "we cant open this file because the file is not supported..." it shows this error code...
  7. Photos and Videos not opening

Photos and Videos not opening: So every time i connect my switch to my pc to get some videos from it, when im opening the video it works for the first time but after that it doesnt work and shows me this message "we cant open this file because the file is not supported..." it shows this error code...
  8. Microsoft photos - videos

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft photos - videos: With my photos app I can only add pictures, no videos. With my previous laptop I could create video projects and edit videos, but with my new laptop that option doesn't seem aviable. What can I do to fix this?...
  9. Microsoft Photos/Video Editor won't open

Microsoft Photos/Video Editor won't open: Hello! I came to ask. Today, I tried opening my Microsoft Photos + Video Editor. When I opened it, it kept on crashing. I repeatedly did the process several times. Opening and reopening it but the results are the same. It crashes/close on its own. I already restarted my...
  10. Opening photos and video

in Windows 10 Support
    Opening photos and video: Dear Forum members, Since upgrading to 10 I am able to only view my stored files but unable to open. I am given a timed out pop up after 10 seconds of trying to access files. I have previously been able to open all files easily. Any advice would be most welcome. Thanks...