Windows 10: Video info

Discus and support Video info in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; in win 8 i was able to see thumbnails of video's in the preview pane along with the controls to play them ie: avi, mpg, mpeg, mp4 & flv along with many... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by dmesal, May 4, 2016.

1. dmesal Win User

Video info

in win 8 i was able to see thumbnails of video's in the preview pane along with the controls to play them ie: avi, mpg, mpeg, mp4 & flv along with many others. now with win10 the preview pane will not show the controls and or it keeps repeating the same thumbnail again and again. i can make it do the proper thumbnail or no controls or the same thumbnail with controls.

is there anything in the works with MS to fix this problem?*Mad

:)

dmesal, May 4, 2016
  2. 6280---01 Win User

Nokia Video info

No problem Video info :)

6280---01, May 4, 2016
  3. 6280---01 Win User
    Nokia Video info

The fps should be 15

6280---01, May 4, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Video info

Hello, what I find it that what appears in the preview pane depends on what a video file type is associated with. Here are three different cases- the first associated with Win Media Player, the last two with Zoom Player. Note the last, which plays in Zoom Player, does not appear in the preview pane- curious.

Video info [​IMG]

Video info [​IMG]

Video info [​IMG]

One thing I installed also plays the video if I hover the mouse over it.

dalchina, May 4, 2016
  5. dmesal Win User
    yes i have been able to make the thumbnails match the video in that fashion ie .flv play with WMP and MP4 play with MPC and so on but the controls to play never show up, everything worked so much better in 7-8-8.1

WT* this should not have ever happened. and in the MS help forums they suggest work around's but no real solutions the player controls and thumbnails should have never been a problem.

dmesal, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Video info

1. Video info - Similar Threads - Video info

2. During online streaming movies- Black screen-No Video, Only Audio

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    During online streaming movies- Black screen-No Video, Only Audio: Sir, my hp desktop PC is having -- windows10, Firefox, connect cable Broadband with 100mbps speed, Ethernet, periodically updated. I am very much fond of watching English/Foreign language movies having English CC/Subtitles, online streaming, generally on paid channels e.g....
  3. During online streaming movies- Black screen-No Video, Only Audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    During online streaming movies- Black screen-No Video, Only Audio: Sir, my hp desktop PC is having -- windows10, Firefox, connect cable Broadband with 100mbps speed, Ethernet, periodically updated. I am very much fond of watching English/Foreign language movies having English CC/Subtitles, online streaming, generally on paid channels e.g....
  4. During online streaming movies- Black screen-No Video, Only Audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Videos appear Clor shifted rainbow bloom type effect only whenever i open a video and a...

Videos appear Clor shifted rainbow bloom type effect only whenever i open a video and a...: I am currently using windows 11 and my laptop is acer nitro 5, is there any fix that can fix the problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/videos-appear-clor-shifted-rainbow-bloom-type/f1e823e6-a285-42f9-880f-2736ff34b31b
  6. Windows 11 Update KB5007215 Info & Video

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Update KB5007215 Info & Video: I don't recall seeing this type of information Video before that provides details about the update, a tip and a suggestion. See example image below. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-update-kb5007215-info-video/4febfa32-aed5-46be-a540-bc4d3a937a1e
  7. Windows 11 Update KB5007215 Info & Video

Windows 11 Update KB5007215 Info & Video: I don't recall seeing this type of information Video before that provides details about the update, a tip and a suggestion. See example image below. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-update-kb5007215-info-video/4febfa32-aed5-46be-a540-bc4d3a937a1e
  8. How do I make Windows 10 show track info for MP4 video?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I make Windows 10 show track info for MP4 video?: Windows 10, after installing Potplayer or various other media players and/or codec packs, will display track info for audio streams, subtitles and more for MKV and some other formats in Details view in Explorer. But for MP4 videos I've never been able to get it to show any...
  9. Task Manager incorret video memory info

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Task Manager incorret video memory info: I just noticed this a while ago that task manager only displays 1GB of video memory on the R5 M230 when it in fact has 2GB. [img] For anyone who has similar setup as mine. Does this happen to you also? I also want to know why there's no Render tab in dxdiag for the...
  10. Showing Video Aspect Ratio in File Info Tooltip

in Windows 10 Customization
    Showing Video Aspect Ratio in File Info Tooltip: Is there a way to show the aspect ratio of video files in the Windows Explorer file tooltips? A few hours of research taught me how to add extra file info that isn't there by default (like frame height x width) but for some reason I can't get the aspect ratio to show. This...