Windows 10: Video: Introducing Windows 10

Discus and support Video: Introducing Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Hmm... the fact that the search bar search on the Internet isn't rubbing me the right way because I don't want to search the web when I want to only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Sep 29, 2014.

1. Lebon14 Win User

Video: Introducing Windows 10

Hmm... the fact that the search bar search on the Internet isn't rubbing me the right way because I don't want to search the web when I want to only search start menu. Beside that, the quad snap is a VERY welcome feature! The fact that I have a start menu which is super customizable is good too. *throws live apps through the window* Virtual desktop is also very welcome. Something that OSX and Linux had for a very long time now is now available natively on Windows.

Beside the fact that Windows 10 is ugly as **** and will need a good Aero skin, I might be tempted to switch from Win7. I hope the price for a full licence is good (with or without install disc - I don't care, I can burn a disc).

Might be tempted even to try and virtualize it to give me some kind of preview.

Lebon14, Sep 29, 2014

2. The preview bragged that one can snap up to only four apps. Is that just M$ apps or does that limitation also apply to regular programs from the desktop?

What happened to the right side menu of the start menu that had things like computer, control panel, etc? Is that going to go the hidden route like Win 8.x

Lady Fitzgerald, Sep 29, 2014
  3. We really don't know till we can download and take "her" out for a test spin. It will be a flux release. Things will be a work in progress and so if something is not there does not mean it won't be in the final release. They even said this will not be released until LATE 2015 not April 2015 as first thought. I suspect at the moment it is based off of Windows 8.1.1 with a bunch of updates. The color schemes and lack of full Aero may change. One of the first things they said was the UI will be highly configurable. Many corporate offices will want the classic Windows 2000 style desktop. I would like a Windows 7 one. Some would like what they have got on Eight. They must be offering all moving forward.

Indianatone, Sep 29, 2014
  4. Video: Introducing Windows 10

I do wish you would not refer to users who like Seven as Dinosaurs. I like Windows and I also like Palaeontology but I am no Sevenosaurs.............*Zip Even M$ has acknowledged they have gone in the wrong direction and are swinging back to the middle ground which means s UI choice for whichever way you want.

Indianatone, Sep 29, 2014
  5. Mohave PC Win User
    I agree Indie, I might be over 50 but I can still whoop a**. I tell ya the respect our generation grew up on is long gone these days.

Well I have a dead day tomorrow so I will be waiting with Baited Breath *Tongue for the site to open. **Standing at the doors flashing hands, *open* *Open* *OPen* *OPEn* *OPEN* **

Mohave PC, Sep 30, 2014
  6. PaulGo Win User
    So far so good. It looks promising, and more importantly it looks like Microsoft is actually listening to its customers.

PaulGo, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Video: Introducing Windows 10

1. Video: Introducing Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Video Introducing

2. Video TDR Failure Blue Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video TDR Failure Blue Screen: Over the past few days, my PC keeps on getting either blue screen with error message Video TDR Failure or its a black screen with purple bits ? they're kind of lines but they're chopped up and don't run in a straight line, hence 'bits' running through it. This will only...
  3. Video TDR Failure Blue Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video TDR Failure Blue Screen: Over the past few days, my PC keeps on getting either blue screen with error message Video TDR Failure or its a black screen with purple bits ? they're kind of lines but they're chopped up and don't run in a straight line, hence 'bits' running through it. This will only...
  4. Video TDR Failure Blue Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Microsoft says you can transfer videos via Phone Link's Photos app,, but the Photos app...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft says you can transfer videos via Phone Link's Photos app,, but the Photos app...: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/learning-center/how-to-transfer-videos-from-phone-to-computerAre the instructions on that and other official Microsoft web pages just plain wrong? Or am I doing something wrong? All I know is that when I try and follow the instructions...
  6. Microsoft says you can transfer videos via Phone Link's Photos app,, but the Photos app...

Microsoft says you can transfer videos via Phone Link's Photos app,, but the Photos app...: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/learning-center/how-to-transfer-videos-from-phone-to-computerAre the instructions on that and other official Microsoft web pages just plain wrong? Or am I doing something wrong? All I know is that when I try and follow the instructions...
  7. Video scheduler internal error windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video scheduler internal error windows 11: BUGCHECK_CODE: 119BUGCHECK_P1: 5BUGCHECK_P2: ffff9689a1c0c000BUGCHECK_P3: ffff9689a1d6a2e0BUGCHECK_P4: 62b9f4FILE_IN_CAB: 050924-13015-01.dmpTAG_NOT_DEFINED_202b: *** Unknown TAG in analysis list 202bDUMP_FILE_ATTRIBUTES: 0x1808 Kernel Generated Triage DumpBLACKBOXBSD: 1...
  8. Video scheduler internal error windows 11

Video scheduler internal error windows 11: BUGCHECK_CODE: 119BUGCHECK_P1: 5BUGCHECK_P2: ffff9689a1c0c000BUGCHECK_P3: ffff9689a1d6a2e0BUGCHECK_P4: 62b9f4FILE_IN_CAB: 050924-13015-01.dmpTAG_NOT_DEFINED_202b: *** Unknown TAG in analysis list 202bDUMP_FILE_ATTRIBUTES: 0x1808 Kernel Generated Triage DumpBLACKBOXBSD: 1...
  9. Facebook introduces new Portal video calling devices

in Windows 10 News
    Facebook introduces new Portal video calling devices: What if you could easily connect with your closest friends and family and feel like you’re in the same room — even when you’re miles apart? Today, we’re excited to announce Portal and Portal+, two new video communication devices for the home that dramatically change the way...
  10. Twitter Introduces Timestamps: A New Way to Share Live Videos

in Windows 10 News
    Twitter Introduces Timestamps: A New Way to Share Live Videos: Brevity is the soul of Twitter. Today we're introducing an easy way to Tweet that brief moment of what matters from longer, live videos.Sometimes, we want to draw attention to the specific moment in a live video that made us think, surprised us, or made us laugh. Previously,...