Windows 10: Video library

Discus and support Video library in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Can you make the videos in the video library play one after the other automatically in Windows Media Player?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AllenLowry, Jul 25, 2020.

1. Video library

Can you make the videos in the video library play one after the other automatically in Windows Media Player?

:)

AllenLowry, Jul 25, 2020
  2. Jelo Sen Win User

Map a network drive folder to my video library

To Include folders using Manage Library Tools, we suggest that you perform the steps below:

• In File Explorer, select or open a library (ex: Videos) you want to include a folder or drive to.
    • Click on the Library Tools Manage tab, and click on the Manage library button in the ribbon.
    • Click on the Add button
    • Browse to and select a folder or drive that you want to include in this library, and click on the Include folder button.
    • When finished, click/tap on OK.
    Keep us updated with the result.

Jelo Sen, Jul 25, 2020
  3. XVI
    xvi Win User
    sound but no video?WTF

Can you tell us what you're doing? Step by step? What program are you using? Like I say, if you're using VLC, any codecs you install won't help you at all since VLC doesn't actually look outside of its own libraries.

Just list the steps that you're taking.

4. Nikhar_K Win User

Video library

How to delete videos from Shared library of Windows Media Player?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

By default, Windows Media Player will share all the media that is in the library folders from the File Explorer. That is why you are seeing all the videos on the Roku TV.

To remove the videos from shared library we have a workaround, we have tried the workaround on our computers and it works, you can follow the steps and check if that helps for you. Follow the steps mentioned below:

• Press Windows key + E to open File Explorer.
    • Click on Videos Library.
    • Create a new folder and add the videos that you want to hide from the Share library.
    • Right click on the folder, click on Give access to and select
      Remove access.
    • Now, right click on the folder and click on
      Properties
    • Click on the Security tab and click on
      Advanced.
    • Click on Disable Inheritance and select
      Convert Inherited permissions in to explicit permissions.
    • Click on Apply and OK.
    • Now, click on Edit.
    • Click on WMPNetworkSvc and click on
      Remove.
    • Click on Apply and OK.

Note: removing permissions will hide the videos from the shared library for the particular folder. If you want any video to unhide from shared library you can move the video out of the folder.

If the above workaround didn’t help, I would encourage you to provide your valuable feedback in Feedback hub so that our development team can review your suggestions. To provide your feedback, please refer to the article
    Send feedback to Microsoft with the Feedback
    Hub app.

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jul 25, 2020
Thema:

Video library

1. Video library - Similar Threads - Video library

2. HEVC Video Extensions from Device Manufacturer not in library

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    HEVC Video Extensions from Device Manufacturer not in library: Why do some computers have the codex to view HEVC files and some computers do not have it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hevc-video-extensions-from-device-manufacturer-not/ffe57966-0974-4260-be8c-2c87e0c15378
  3. HEVC Video Extensions from Device Manufacturer not in library

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HEVC Video Extensions from Device Manufacturer not in library: Why do some computers have the codex to view HEVC files and some computers do not have it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hevc-video-extensions-from-device-manufacturer-not/ffe57966-0974-4260-be8c-2c87e0c15378
  4. HEVC Video Extensions from Device Manufacturer not in library

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't upload a video to a GoPro library in the cloud

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't upload a video to a GoPro library in the cloud: I have a GoPro camera with a subscription to their cloud service only I can't upload my videos located on my computer to the cloud using Windows 11. My husband still has a Windows 10 computer and is using the same security and network that I'm using and I can upload the video...
  6. Can't upload a video to a GoPro library in the cloud

Can't upload a video to a GoPro library in the cloud: I have a GoPro camera with a subscription to their cloud service only I can't upload my videos located on my computer to the cloud using Windows 11. My husband still has a Windows 10 computer and is using the same security and network that I'm using and I can upload the video...
  7. Windows media player is very slow at adding folders to the Video library "Indexing libraries"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows media player is very slow at adding folders to the Video library "Indexing libraries": Hello, so I'm trying to move my music over to the Windows 11 Media Player. I like the layout and design, but it's proving really troublesome to move my files over to it. If I remove all the files and only add a single folder, it goes smoothly and quickly. The folder gets...
  8. Windows media player is very slow at adding folders to the Video library "Indexing libraries"

Windows media player is very slow at adding folders to the Video library "Indexing libraries": Hello, so I'm trying to move my music over to the Windows 11 Media Player. I like the layout and design, but it's proving really troublesome to move my files over to it. If I remove all the files and only add a single folder, it goes smoothly and quickly. The folder gets...
  9. Windows 11 Media Player - Sort Music by Folders unavailable but is available for video library?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Media Player - Sort Music by Folders unavailable but is available for video library?: In the default Media Player for Windows 11 I am able to sort my videos by folder in the video library. How can I do the same for the music library? I can't find the option.Is this feature available for the music library and if it is how do I access it? If it's only available...
  10. Windows 11 Media Player - Sort Music by Folders unavailable but is available for video library?

Windows 11 Media Player - Sort Music by Folders unavailable but is available for video library?: In the default Media Player for Windows 11 I am able to sort my videos by folder in the video library. How can I do the same for the music library? I can't find the option.Is this feature available for the music library and if it is how do I access it? If it's only available...