Windows 10: Video Mode Not Working

Discus and support Video Mode Not Working in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So in the windows 10 camera app everything seems to work fine, I can take pictures I can see everything just fine but when I try to record a video it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Constantidoble, Apr 1, 2020.

1. Video Mode Not Working

So in the windows 10 camera app everything seems to work fine, I can take pictures I can see everything just fine but when I try to record a video it does a quick blink of the recording option then stops and didn’t record anything at all. Any idea what this is and how I can fix it?

submitted by /u/Constantidoble
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Constantidoble, Apr 1, 2020

2. Videos not working on windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

1) Does this issue occur on Internet Explorer too?

2) Are you able to play the videos which are there in the local drive using Windows media player?

This issue might be because of corrupted graphic drivers.

I suggest you to run the video troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type Troubleshooting in search and click
      Troubleshooting.

• In the left pane click on

• Select Video Playback.

• Follow the prompted steps to troubleshoot this issue.
    I suggest you to update the graphics card drivers/display drivers from manufacturer website and check if it resolves the issue.

• Open Device Manager.

• Expand ‘Display Adapter’.

• Locate the display driver.

• Right-click on the display card listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’
    If issue still persists, I would suggest you to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if it works.

Follow the steps provided below to install the drivers in compatibility mode:

• Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘properties’.
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for” and select Windows operating system from the drop down.
    • Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.
    Please reply with status of the issue for further assistance.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Apr 1, 2020
  3. BIOS VIDEO MODES Question *

Hello folks !

I would like to ask if the LIST of VIDEO MODES supported by any VGA/SVGA BIOS is an **arbitrary choice** . . . or if the list of modes can be changed/added at will and if so, how.

Also, given today's high powered vga hardware, suppose I desired something called VESA MODE 104h to be available in the vga bios. Would that stress the internal hardware unnecessarily, do you think ??

thanks,
    Dan

dan nelles, Apr 1, 2020
  4. Arul_D Win User

Video Mode Not Working

No video after installing Windows10

Hi Adrain,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue might be because of corrupted graphic drivers.

I suggest you to run the video troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type Troubleshooting in search and click
      Troubleshooting.
    • In the left pane click on View all
    • Select Video Playback.
    • Follow the prompted steps to troubleshoot this issue.
    I suggest you to update the graphics card drivers/display drivers from manufacturer website and check if it resolves the issue.

• Open Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapter’.
    • Locate the display driver.
    • Right-click on the display card listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’
    If issue still persists, I would suggest you to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if it works.

Follow the steps provided below to install the drivers in compatibility mode:

• Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘properties’.
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for” and select Windows operating system from the drop down.
    • Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.
    Please reply with status of the issue for further assistance.

Thanks.

Arul_D, Apr 1, 2020
Thema:

Video Mode Not Working

1. Video Mode Not Working - Similar Threads - Video Mode Working

2. snipping tool quit working in video mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    snipping tool quit working in video mode: tool still works in the 'still' mode and used to work in video mode. now only says 'something happened, and we've stopped recording.' https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snipping-tool-quit-working-in-video-mode/10800dea-d852-473f-a097-efb2aae812cc
  3. snipping tool quit working in video mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    snipping tool quit working in video mode: tool still works in the 'still' mode and used to work in video mode. now only says 'something happened, and we've stopped recording.' https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snipping-tool-quit-working-in-video-mode/10800dea-d852-473f-a097-efb2aae812cc
  4. Cannot display this video mode

Cannot display this video mode: I have an acer AN515 on windows 11my new $2 monitor isn't working, it says Cannot Display This Video Mode. I cant find out how to fix this, and i think i need some help. if it helps, it is a Dell E153FPf monitorAlso, i got this from ReStore and they have volunteers that come...
  5. Cannot Display This Video Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Display This Video Mode: I have run into this issue with a Dell OptiPlex 790. Overlaid on the screen is a black box that says "Cannot Display This Video Mode" in large white letters and "Optimum Resolution 1280X1024 60Hz" in smaller yellow letters. We have tried changing the screen resolution, but...
  6. Cannot Display This Video Mode

Cannot Display This Video Mode: I have run into this issue with a Dell OptiPlex 790. Overlaid on the screen is a black box that says "Cannot Display This Video Mode" in large white letters and "Optimum Resolution 1280X1024 60Hz" in smaller yellow letters. We have tried changing the screen resolution, but...
  7. Cannot Display This Video Mode

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Audio and Video Stop Working After Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Audio and Video Stop Working After Sleep Mode: I have been experiencing an extremely annoying issue for the past few weeks that has finally bothered me enough to warrant a post. Every night I put my computer to sleep and wake it up the next day. Upon waking up, the computer no longer plays any videos or any audio Both...
  9. No video in safe mode

in Windows 10 Support
    No video in safe mode: When I try to restart my pc in safe mode everything goes as it should until after I press the number "4", then the screens go black for a second, then a trapezoidal Windows logo but with no rotating dots appears for about 20 seconds, then both screens go black again, and my...
  10. Video Mode Not Supported

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Video Mode Not Supported: I have a Dell Inspiron 11 2-in-1. The screen is fairly small and I tried to hook up an external monitor I have. Had to go get an HDMI to VGA adapter to make it work. When I tried to set it up the External monitor says video mode not supported. I tried to download a driver and...