Windows 10: Video (MP4/MKV) Handbrake alternative (Vidcoder)

Discus and support Video (MP4/MKV) Handbrake alternative (Vidcoder) in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi there anybody tried this for getting smaller mkv/mp4 files also with HEVC 265 VidCoder 4.31 / 5.3 Beta Free Download - VideoHelp Free and has the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jimbo45, Jan 26, 2019.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Video (MP4/MKV) Handbrake alternative (Vidcoder)

Hi there
    anybody tried this for getting smaller mkv/mp4 files also with HEVC 265

VidCoder 4.31 / 5.3 Beta Free Download - VideoHelp

Free and has the Handbrake engine but without the complexity of its GUI

Anybody tried it yet.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Jan 26, 2019
  2. pikolobi Win User

HandBrake video conversion for Asha 302

I have Handbrake installed on my computer, but my most favorite is AppGeeker.

How to Convert WMV File to MP4 Format on Mac & PC Flawlessly

Handbrake has its restriction for outputing only mp4 and mkv container file, while AppGeeker give ability to convert anything to anything.

pikolobi, Jan 26, 2019
  3. jimbo45 Win User
    Handbrake - convert AVI and MP4 to MKV with subtitles at best quality

Hi there

Any Video experts out there

I've some AVI and MP4 files with external .SRT subtitles that I'd like to convert to MKV with embedded subtitles (not forced).

That way I can forget about the .srt files that don't always play properly on MEZZMO / SERVIIO or PLEX when streaming. The embedded ones always work properly !!.

What's the best setting for Handbrake so I don't lose (or lose minimal) quality when re-encoding -- MP4->MKV should be almost a 1:1 copy but I'm not sure of the settings.

I've experimented a bit but I'm still clueless --- the subtitles all work though when embedded even if the original .SRT file didn't when streamed. (VLC always works BTW but I want to play these files on REMOTE DNLA devices).

Any help here appreciated.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jan 26, 2019
  4. Steevo Win User

Upscaling in Handbrake

Its not a container for MP4, its an alternate container, and youtube from my experience compresses it less.

Also youtube compresses (as of yet) unpopular videos to save space and bandwidth, considering how many videos they host and stream....

Steevo, Jan 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Video (MP4/MKV) Handbrake alternative (Vidcoder) - Similar Threads - Video MP4 MKV

2. Mp4 videos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mp4 videos: Hi could someone please help me to get my mp4 videos to play in windows 11, I have tried the fix for media player compression thing, but the instructions are for windows 10and I do not get the same options, so cant do it. Does anyone know the steps for windows 11. All i get...
  3. Mp4 videos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mp4 videos: Hi could someone please help me to get my mp4 videos to play in windows 11, I have tried the fix for media player compression thing, but the instructions are for windows 10and I do not get the same options, so cant do it. Does anyone know the steps for windows 11. All i get...
  4. Thumbnail issue (mp4/mkv)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Thumbnail issue (mp4/mkv): Greetings, Since the new update of this week I am experiencing some issues regarding thumbnails of mp4 and mkv files. When I download or create new files the thumbnail of the new file will not work and show as the default pictogram instead (even if the thumbnail is custom...
  5. Vidcoder vs 7.14

Vidcoder vs 7.14: I have been using Vidcoder for several years using Windows 10 without any problems. Recently I purchased a new computer loaded with Windows 11 pro. Now when using this program the computer shuts down after a minute or so. I have been in contact with the manufacturer of the...
  6. Looking for a Handbrake alternative

Looking for a Handbrake alternative: Hi I am looking for a more robust trans coder than Handbrake for Windows 10 version 2004 x64, I don't mind if is payware Thank you very much in advance jedi I don't have idea where to start with this result, they are suggesting the "best" Handbrake alternative, usually I...
  7. Can't find ".mkv" videos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't find ".mkv" videos: Hi, I am having trouble with mkv files. When I copy a folder containing ".mkv" video to my laptop, only the folder get pasted. There is no video in it. What is the problem and how can I fix this?...
  8. MP4/MKV H264 Video to HEVC H265 fast converter ??

MP4/MKV H264 Video to HEVC H265 fast converter ??: Hi folks I've a number of videos that I want to convert to H.265 HEVC - the converter I've got is far too slow for this to be even remotely feasible -- Source videos are H.264 MKV. Converter using is Wondershare Video converter which does the job for converting things like...
  9. Show Details in Mp4-Avi-Mkv etc

Show Details in Mp4-Avi-Mkv etc: In Windows 10 when I hover my mouse over these files all I see is the size and length of my file. In windows 7 I could also see the details IE size of the file 1280x540 etc is there a way to enable this in Windows 10 [img] Thanks 14376
  10. Handbrake - convert AVI and MP4 to MKV with subtitles at best quality

Handbrake - convert AVI and MP4 to MKV with subtitles at best quality: Hi there Any Video experts out there I've some AVI and MP4 files with external .SRT subtitles that I'd like to convert to MKV with embedded subtitles (not forced). That way I can forget about the .srt files that don't always play properly on MEZZMO / SERVIIO or PLEX...