Windows 10: Video not exporting

Discus and support Video not exporting in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've spent 3 days editing a video in the photos app, as a Video Project. I have made one video before, about 20 mins long, and that exported fine.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by HeleneDupres, Jul 10, 2019.

1. Video not exporting

I've spent 3 days editing a video in the photos app, as a Video Project. I have made one video before, about 20 mins long, and that exported fine. However, this one, about30 mins long, refuses to export. I can leave it for 6 hours and it has never gotten over 2%. Sometimes the app just closes spontaneously as well.

I've been trying for two days! I am very stressed and upset because of the effort I've put in.

I've tried toggling the hardware video setting in setting and seen no difference.

What else can be done?

:)

HeleneDupres, Jul 10, 2019

2. Windows Photos Export Video Project Problem

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties you are facing with the Photos App, while exporting video project. We were able to create and export the video project. So the issue could be with photos app installed in the PC. I would suggest you
    to follow the steps mentioned in these methods.

Method 1: Please refer the steps as mentioned in

Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store
    article.

Method 2: You can also try to re-install the app using PowerShell. Here are steps to re-install photos app:

1. Open PowerShell (Admin). Right click on the start button and then on PowerShell (Admin).
    2. Then type: get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage
    3. Once the above command is successful. You can install the Photo app from Microsoft Store.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jul 10, 2019
  3. Ramon Imp Win User
    Export of Final Video Issue

Hi Franc,

The challenge that you're experiencing could be related to the video format, display resolution, or player that you're using. For us to isolate your concern, we would like to know the following:

• How did you export the video and where did you save it?
    • After you exported the video, have you checked the video details if there were any changes with the actual resolution?
    • Does this happen to all the videos that you exported regardless of the format and resolution?
    • Have you tried using a different video player and see if the issue persists?

Regards.

Ramon Imp, Jul 10, 2019
  4. Video not exporting

Unable to export videos using Photos application

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to export videos using Photo application, let us try few troubleshooting steps to fix this issue.

Refer the article on Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store.
    If the issue persists, I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall Photo application.

To do that,

1. Click on Start icon.
    2. Type Windows PowerShell.
    3. Right click on it and select Run as administrator.
    4. Type the following command and press Enter: Get-AppxPackage *Photos* | Remove-AppxPackage

Restart the computer and reinstall Microsoft Photos app from Microsoft Store.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Jul 10, 2019
Thema:

Video not exporting

1. Video not exporting - Similar Threads - Video exporting

2. Microsoft Video Editor nor exporting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Video Editor nor exporting: I have Windows 10 software on my computer. I created video and when I finished and tried to export it it came error code saying unsupported video type or invalid file path. Can someone help me to fix it. Thanks...
  3. Windows Video Editor Can't Export

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Video Editor Can't Export: Hello, I'm trying to export a 4 minute video with audio made in the windows 10 video editor. Whenever I try to export it, I get the message "Something happened and we couldn't export your video. Please restart the photos app and try again. Here's the error code in case you...
  4. Windows Photos Export Video Project Problem

Windows Photos Export Video Project Problem: Hi, When i make a video on the video project function of the photos application, when i go to export it (have tried high and medium file size), it is stuck on 0% and simply will not export. Thanks:)...
  5. Windows Photos Export Video Error: 0x887a0005

Windows Photos Export Video Error: 0x887a0005: I created a video using Windows 10 Photo App. While using it, it was really slow and glitched a ton. For example, I could only play the video 3/4 of the way before it would stop and go into an infinite loop of waiting. I'd then have to restart the photo app and skip a couple...
  6. windows 10 photo app video export sruck at 60%

windows 10 photo app video export sruck at 60%: so im merging a bunch of videos into one big video. but evrytime i wanna export it it goes up to 60% and then doesnt go any further. its now already running for 40 min withoud any progress. [ATTACH]...
  7. Windows 10 crashing and rebooting while exporting a video in Windows Photos Video Editor

Windows 10 crashing and rebooting while exporting a video in Windows Photos Video Editor: Windows 10 crashing and rebooting while exporting a video in Windows Photos Video Editor Hi all, I have a Lenovo Laptop Thinkpad Edge with 1st GEN i3 processor with 8 GB RAM. While in Windows Photos Video Editor, using the "Export or Share" option, I was trying to...
  8. Windows 10 Photo video editor / file export issues

Windows 10 Photo video editor / file export issues: Hello I have created a 8min 37sec movie of a Holiday. Its a combination of photos and trimmed video clips with a soundtrack as well. When I attempt to export the completed file I only get 1min 29 secs exported. I have tried all 3 file size export choices. Any help would...
  9. Video Export Getting Stuck At 7 Minutes 57 Seconds In Photos Application

Video Export Getting Stuck At 7 Minutes 57 Seconds In Photos Application: I have created a compilation video of photos and short videos which have a total time of 11 minutes, 11 seconds in Windows Photos/video app. When I export it, the exported video only reaches 7 minutes 57 seconds and cuts off in the middle. I have tried twice, I have checked...
  10. Not all of created video being exported

Not all of created video being exported: I have created a compilation video of photos and short videos which have a total time of 11 minutes, 11 seconds in Windows Photos/video app. When I export it, the exported video only reaches 7 minutes 57 seconds and cuts off in the middle. I have tried twice, I have checked...