Windows 10: Video not working but sound is.

Discus and support Video not working but sound is. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I try to play an mp4 file, the sound will play in the Films&TV app however, the video part will not, it just shows a black screen. I've already... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MihneaAndrei, Oct 3, 2020.

1. Video not working but sound is.

When I try to play an mp4 file, the sound will play in the Films&TV app however, the video part will not, it just shows a black screen.

I've already tried changing the format and using another media player,

However still no luck.

Any help will be much appreciated,

Thanks

:)

MihneaAndrei, Oct 3, 2020
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Video not working but sound is. :p

cadaveca, Oct 3, 2020
  3. LeonLaude Win User
    Sound like robot and video lag

Hi dania72_

Here are two different methods you could try to see if it helps you!

Method 1

I suggest you to disable all enhancements in Speakers properties and check. Refer the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Double-Click on the Sound Icon and click on Speakers.
    • Click on Properties.
    • Click on Enhancements Tab.
    • Now click Disable All Sound Effects
    • Click OK and check if issue persists.
    • If issue still persists try method 2.

Method 2

I suggest you to Uninstall and reinstall the Sound drivers in Compatibility mode and check if it works for you. Refer to the steps below:

Follow the steps to uninstall the Sound driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand Sound Video and Game Controllers.
    • Right-click on the Sound device listed and click on Uninstall.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.

Now download the drivers the manufacturer website and install it in Windows 8.1 compatibility mode.

Follow the steps provided below to install the drivers in compatibility mode.

• Right-click on the driver setup file and click on properties.
    • Click on the compatibility tab and check the box Run this program in compatibility mode for and select Windows 8.1 operating system from the drop down.
    • Click on Apply and click OK and run the file to install it.

Hope any of these methods will help you!

Kind regards,

Leon

LeonLaude, Oct 3, 2020
  4. Marby Rey Win User

Video not working but sound is.

Trouble with Sound on videos stopping?

Hi,

There are several factors that may cause this issue. To narrow down the concern, we’d like to ask a few questions.

• When did you start experiencing the issue?
    • Have you made any changes prior to this concern?
    • Are you getting an error message when the video stop playing?
    • Have you tried to clear cached and delete cookies?

For now, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps provided in this article:
    Fix sound problems.

Marby Rey, Oct 3, 2020
Thema:

Video not working but sound is.

1. Video not working but sound is. - Similar Threads - Video working sound

2. No sound on video

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No sound on video: I'm using a Dell Inspiron laptop running Windows 10. I use it to record instructional videos for YouTube, so I record my PowerPoint from the laptop screen. The microphone jack quit working so I bought a new USB microphone. It works well on audio software like Audacity....
  3. No sound on video

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No sound on video: I'm using a Dell Inspiron laptop running Windows 10. I use it to record instructional videos for YouTube, so I record my PowerPoint from the laptop screen. The microphone jack quit working so I bought a new USB microphone. It works well on audio software like Audacity....
  4. No sound on video

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Video sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    Video sound: I do not get any sound when making a video. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-sound/5cbe9432-cc01-4895-ab06-0cbc8a67e910
  6. my video sound isnt working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my video sound isnt working: i just made a video on my computer but it's not playing the sound. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-video-sound-isnt-working/fa6a96e4-8c73-40a3-897a-10316b80f6ab
  7. Videos with no sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Videos with no sound: Hi, I try to make video with my Camera, but it registers without sound. My devices work properly with other apps. I tryied to Troubleshoot the issue, but no result, Microphone and Speakers are ok. Could you help me please?...
  8. camera and sound not working with video chats

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    camera and sound not working with video chats: when I join a meeting on zoom they can not hear me and the only they can hear me is if I hold down the space key the whole time but they still can not see me. I have tried all I know...
  9. No sound on videos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No sound on videos: I have an HP 23-q227c. Somehow it went into mute mode when viewing videos. Audio settings on the file and computer indicate 50% power. I can't find anything in my audio settings to explains this. Help?...
  10. Sound & Video

in Windows 10 Support
    Sound & Video: I have no sound and can't play utube videos . Apart from that everything else seems to be working ok .*Sad*Sad*Sad Build 9860 2652