Windows 10: Video not working this past week.

Discus and support Video not working this past week. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Video Editor has worked fine for me until this week. Now I can't add any new jpeg or mp4 to a new video. I get the message These files have properties... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PeteIwas, Apr 19, 2021.

1. PeteIwas Win User

Video not working this past week.

Video Editor has worked fine for me until this week. Now I can't add any new jpeg or mp4 to a new video. I get the message These files have properties that can't be read, so we couldn't add them. I can still add older jpeg and mp4 but nothing new pictures that I have taken this week can be added from my phone. I have tried TroubleShooter it did not help, I tried repairing and reset and it did not help. I uninstalled and reinstalled Photos and it did not help. I can open the newer jpegs and mp4 files in Photos but cannot add them to video editor. Below is the latest jpeg that will not add.

Video not working this past week. [​IMG]

:)

PeteIwas, Apr 19, 2021
  2. JATownes Win User

Best thermal paste

Most decent thermal paste is about all the same (1-2 degree difference). Without knowing the two listed, (I use MX-2), I would suggest going with the one that is non-conductive.

JATownes, Apr 19, 2021
  3. Videos not working on windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

1) Does this issue occur on Internet Explorer too?

2) Are you able to play the videos which are there in the local drive using Windows media player?

This issue might be because of corrupted graphic drivers.

I suggest you to run the video troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type Troubleshooting in search and click
      Troubleshooting.

• In the left pane click on

• Select Video Playback.

• Follow the prompted steps to troubleshoot this issue.
    I suggest you to update the graphics card drivers/display drivers from manufacturer website and check if it resolves the issue.

• Open Device Manager.

• Expand ‘Display Adapter’.

• Locate the display driver.

• Right-click on the display card listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’
    If issue still persists, I would suggest you to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if it works.

Follow the steps provided below to install the drivers in compatibility mode:

• Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘properties’.
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for” and select Windows operating system from the drop down.
    • Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.
    Please reply with status of the issue for further assistance.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Apr 19, 2021
  4. Video not working this past week.

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Apr 19, 2021
Thema:

Video not working this past week.

1. Video not working this past week. - Similar Threads - Video working past

2. Location not working since past weeks

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Location not working since past weeks: Hello. I have two children with Android phones REDMI 9A. We have used Microsoft Family Safety for a few years and location tracking has worked perfectly until a few weeks ago when it stopped updating their locations.I looked at every setting on both their phones, making sure...
  3. Location not working since past weeks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Location not working since past weeks: Hello. I have two children with Android phones REDMI 9A. We have used Microsoft Family Safety for a few years and location tracking has worked perfectly until a few weeks ago when it stopped updating their locations.I looked at every setting on both their phones, making sure...
  4. Location not working since past weeks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. BSOD issues past 4 weeks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD issues past 4 weeks: So, past couple of weeks roughly 4 weeks I kept getting a BSOD error at first it would just freeze for 1 sec and black out my screen then restart the PC all together.Now the actual BSOD appears and gets to 100% complete and sits there until I shut it down manually via power...
  6. BSOD issues past 4 weeks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD issues past 4 weeks: So, past couple of weeks roughly 4 weeks I kept getting a BSOD error at first it would just freeze for 1 sec and black out my screen then restart the PC all together.Now the actual BSOD appears and gets to 100% complete and sits there until I shut it down manually via power...
  7. Two different BSODs in the past week

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Two different BSODs in the past week: Hello, I'm wondering if there's something wrong with my PC. I got 2 different BSODs in the past week and I'm starting to get worried. The BSODs are: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (latest one) IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (first one) I'm uploading logs from BlueScreenView, V2 and...
  8. Windows update in the past week

Windows update in the past week: An automatic update to windows 10 in the past week seems to have played havoc with my laptop. My start button / home page has changed completely and some icons / programmes have either disappeared or are not accessible. Finding anything is hit and miss and some things I...
  9. BSODFor the past 2 weeks

BSODFor the past 2 weeks: Hello, i have my system built 2 months ago and recently starting to have frequent BSOD especially when im gaming. MOBO: ASRock B450 Legend PROCESSOR : Ryzen 5 3600X SSD : HS-SSD-E2000 RAM : 8GB Ram Corsair cmk8gx4m1d3000c18 GPU: GTX 1660 Ti Gigabyte recently analyzed...
  10. Blue screens for the past 2 weeks.

Blue screens for the past 2 weeks.: Hello there, ive been getting blue screens when playing games or even using a browser for the past 2 weeks and I really tried everything i know to fix it. The first time it happened i was in a middle of a game and then a blue screen with the stop code :...