Windows 10: Video not working until restart

Discus and support Video not working until restart in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have had this problem since I did a fresh install of Windows 10 1809, I have since updated to 1903 and the problem persists. When I start up my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by thedexmonster, Jun 23, 2019.

1. Video not working until restart

I have had this problem since I did a fresh install of Windows 10 1809, I have since updated to 1903 and the problem persists. When I start up my computer I open a video file and the computer freezes for around 15 seconds and then sometimes it will play and sometimes it is just a black screen. I try to stream a video through multiple browsers and I run into the same problem. If I restart my computer everything works fine. I am running an AMD FX-9590, 8 cores at 4.6GHz with 32GB of 1866MHz CL9 RAM with an AMD Radeon R7-370 4GB graphics card. There should be no hesitation and there wasn't before I reinstalled windows. I had to reinstall windows because enrolling in the insider program screwed up my activation and I was told by tech support the only way to fix it was to reinstall windows. I have tried adjusting my power profile which seemed like it fixed it for a day or two and then the problem came back. I created a new power profile and once again it worked for a little more than a week, then the problem came back. Any help would be appreciated! I am getting pretty frustrated over this.

:)

thedexmonster, Jun 23, 2019

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jun 23, 2019
  3. swat354 Win User
    Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Jun 23, 2019
  4. Video not working until restart

Videos not working on windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

1) Does this issue occur on Internet Explorer too?

2) Are you able to play the videos which are there in the local drive using Windows media player?

This issue might be because of corrupted graphic drivers.

I suggest you to run the video troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type Troubleshooting in search and click
      Troubleshooting.

• In the left pane click on

• Select Video Playback.

• Follow the prompted steps to troubleshoot this issue.
    I suggest you to update the graphics card drivers/display drivers from manufacturer website and check if it resolves the issue.

• Open Device Manager.

• Expand ‘Display Adapter’.

• Locate the display driver.

• Right-click on the display card listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’
    If issue still persists, I would suggest you to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if it works.

Follow the steps provided below to install the drivers in compatibility mode:

• Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘properties’.
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for” and select Windows operating system from the drop down.
    • Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.
    Please reply with status of the issue for further assistance.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Jun 23, 2019
Thema:

Video not working until restart

1. Video not working until restart - Similar Threads - Video working until

2. Programs stop working until computer restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs stop working until computer restart: Hi,Every once and a while almost all .exe's will either stop responding or not even open. If they open its just a white screen and task master says the program is not responding. This can be fixed by restarting my computer, but I want to know why this happens and if there is...
  3. Audio not working until after multiple restarts.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio not working until after multiple restarts.: Whenever I switch on my laptop, the sound system almost never works. And by that I mean is I get NO sound at all. The headphones don't work, the inbuilt speakers don't work. Just silence. I wonder why it happens and have uninstalled and re-installed the drivers multiple times...
  4. All videos will stop working until I restart my computer

in Windows 10 Support
    All videos will stop working until I restart my computer: I recently updated to Windows 10, and I'm having problems with videos. Sometimes, videos will randomly stop playing, and I have to restart my computer to play them. This includes videos I play with VLC, Windows Media Player, and the Films and TV app, but also on YouTube, etc....
  5. Two-computer networking works until I restart

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Two-computer networking works until I restart: Hi, I have two computers both running Windows 10. They are networked together via Ethernet cables to an ATT cable modem. I can get file and print sharing working until I restart either or both computers, then file and print sharing goes away. I can get it working again by...
  6. Major video buffering until I restart pc.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Major video buffering until I restart pc.: Not sure why but sometimes when I watch Twitch, or Youtube, the video either doesn't play, freezes up, or it is severe buffering. When I restart, the videos play fine 1080/60. Any idea why this happens? submitted by /u/Jcorv58 [link] [comments]...
  7. Videos Won't Play Until I restart the Windows Audio Service

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Videos Won't Play Until I restart the Windows Audio Service: On a Windows 10 computer, videos will suddenly stop playing (Just get a spinning hourglass). This happens in Chrome, IE, and Firefox. I usually had to reboot my PC to make them play again. Did a search online and someone recommended restarting the Windows Audio service...
  8. Network card doesn't work until restart

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network card doesn't work until restart: If i use the computer to download things, continously after a while (sometimes 1 hour, other times 4 hours, but anytime eventually) the Ethernet wired connection doesn't work; it says "no internet access". if i try to disable/enable network card, run troubleshooter,...
  9. In-build keyboard stops working until restart

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    In-build keyboard stops working until restart: I'm on HP Pavillion laptop (HP Pavilion 15-AU030NG) with Windows10 x 64. I'm experiencing a weird behavior of the in-build keyboard since some time: Case 1 If i plug out my usb keyboard, so the in-build laptop PS/2 keyboard remains dead, until i restart the laptop. After...
  10. Taskbar is not working until a restart of windows explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar is not working until a restart of windows explorer: Hi Whenever I restart my computer (mostly after a windows update), the taskbar does not work (clicks on the icons/clock/notifications do nothing) and if I click on the start button, I get a popup saying there was a problem and I should sign out and sign back in to solve...