Windows 10: video play issues

Discus and support video play issues in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; First I've never asked a question in a forum... so... I hope I don't mess up too badly. I got a "new to me" hp laptop. It has windows 10 enterprise... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Tami-joy, Sep 16, 2018.

1. Tami-joy Win User

video play issues

First I've never asked a question in a forum... so... I hope I don't mess up too badly. I got a "new to me" hp laptop. It has windows 10 enterprise on it and internet explorer. That's about all. I updated windows. Tried to run a video from a flash drive. No way.. so I opened ie and tried to view video... "your browser does not support playback video" every site I tried. So I downloaded adobe flash update. still not working. so I downloaded chrome. now videos will play in chrome but not in ie. or rhe flash drive. what am I doing wrong? What do I need to do to fix rhis...thank you in advance for your help.

:)

Tami-joy, Sep 16, 2018

2. video playback issue after windows 10 update

Hi Mark,

Corrupted software and/or driver issues could be the reasons why you're experiencing problems when playing videos. We suggest that you try these steps, then check if the issue persists:

Feel free to update us on the result.

Rachelle Gra, Sep 16, 2018
  3. Geethu B Win User
    Issue with playing online videos

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with playing online videos.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

To understand the issue better, I would need more information from your end.

• Which web browser are you using?
    • Do you face this issue on all the web browsers?
    This issue could have occurred due to incorrect Internet Explorer settings.

If you are facing this issue on Internet Explorer 11, I suggest you to try these steps and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/videos-dont-work#ie=ie-11

Warning: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset parental
    control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Sep 16, 2018
  4. video play issues

Videos won't play- "This item is in a format we don't support. Oxc1010103"

Hi,

To assist you better, please answer the following questions:

• Which is the media player you are trying to play the video?
    • What is the format of the video file you are trying to play?
    I suggest you to run the video in the Windows media player
    and check.

If the issue still persist, you may check for any pending updates and install it, then check if you can play the video. To check for the update and install the updates, please follow the below steps:

• Go to Start menu, and type Windows updates and press Enter.
    • Click on Check for updates, Windows will check for any pending updates and shows on the screen after this. Select install to install the updates.

Hope you could play the video.

Get back to us for further queries, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, Sep 16, 2018
Thema:

video play issues

1. video play issues - Similar Threads - video play issues

2. Issues with video play

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with video play: Hello,I have just downloaded this from my telephone a few videos from my phone onto my PC. Unfortunately when I replay these videos the left half of the image is completely blurred. This has never been been the case before. On the phone an Honor I have no problems playing...
  3. Issues with video play

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues with video play: Hello,I have just downloaded this from my telephone a few videos from my phone onto my PC. Unfortunately when I replay these videos the left half of the image is completely blurred. This has never been been the case before. On the phone an Honor I have no problems playing...
  4. Issue AGAIN , playing MP4 Videos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue AGAIN , playing MP4 Videos: Here is a link to my original topic , which for some reason is locked .... I did not lock it , so not sure why it was locked ......
  5. Issue AGAIN , playing MP4 Videos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue AGAIN , playing MP4 Videos: Here is a link to my original topic , which for some reason is locked .... I did not lock it , so not sure why it was locked ......
  6. Issue AGAIN , playing MP4 Videos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Issues while playing videos on YouTube

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issues while playing videos on YouTube: Whenever I try to watch videos on youtube, my laptop won't play them and just keep loading. Every time I try, the audio function stops working and then the video will play. I have ran the troubleshoot for the audio and it says it's fixed but then the video won't play again....
  8. Black screen issue with video playing apps

Black screen issue with video playing apps: I have recently started experiencing this issue on my PC that seems to be affecting all of the video playing apps (Netflix, Vudu, etc.) from the Windows 10 store. This is what the issue is: I watch a movie or TV show on something like Netflix or Vudu, and it plays fine. But...
  9. Image issue when playing videos

Image issue when playing videos: Hello, I have been having issues out of nowhere when playing videos on my Laptop, the video image appears to be zoomed in and blurry; the sound is perfectly fine and it doesn't appear to be an issue of zooming in and out within the settings or using the mouse control. This...
  10. Videos will not play

in Windows 10 Support
    Videos will not play: Worked fine yesterday and now today any browser that tries to load a video freezes. Any video I try to start with media player or VLC just starts to load up and stops, nothing happens. Have been searching for fixes, Cleared internet history cache, checked in control panel...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. VIDEO PLAY ISSUERS