Windows 10: Video playback in black and white, troubleshooter not finding a problem

Discus and support Video playback in black and white, troubleshooter not finding a problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I videos have begun playing in black and white. I ran the troubleshooter to see if a driver needed to be updated and the troubleshooter found no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Coco7, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Coco7 Win User

Video playback in black and white, troubleshooter not finding a problem

I videos have begun playing in black and white. I ran the troubleshooter to see if a driver needed to be updated and the troubleshooter found no issues. What could be the problem and how do I fix it?

:)

Coco7, Jan 7, 2019
  2. Ferdz Amp Win User

Video playback problems

Hi Davis,

Based on the information that you have provided, this could be related to incorrect configuration or corrupted device drivers. We recommend that you run the Video Playback troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if it helps:

Method: Run the Video Playback troubleshooter

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Video Playback.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

We are eager on getting this resolved for you; we will wait for your feedback.

Ferdz Amp, Jan 7, 2019
  3. jcd4 Win User
    video playback becomes black and white

my windows version is the 1803 and my video files when played are all black and white. Driver update says latest version is already installed. One time i thought a program was causing it since when i closed it the video turned normal now it's gone permanently
    black and white. I also tried them in windows media player same problem black and white result.

jcd4, Jan 7, 2019
  4. Video playback in black and white, troubleshooter not finding a problem

Video playback Black and white and TWICE the size

I am gaving problems with the video playback on my computer. No matter what video playback I use, (Except VLC player which plays all videos fine)the video comes out Black and white and DOUBLE the size! This started happening after the last windows update.
    Can anyone tell me how to get it back to it's normal state. Some way in my settings? I don't know the exact day it started happening so I can't go back to a restore point..... and before anyone asks it is NOT happening on YouTube, BUT it is happening on the
    Netflix app, and the HULU app. Any help?

JohnnyCorcoran, Jan 7, 2019
Thema:

Video playback in black and white, troubleshooter not finding a problem

1. Video playback in black and white, troubleshooter not finding a problem - Similar Threads - Video playback black

2. Video playback resolution problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Video playback resolution problem: All of a sudden, all of the videos that I've taken and stored on my Lenovo desktop computer using Windows 10 playback using Windows Media Player as if they are zoomed in and super-pixelated. The same occurs when I try playback using Sony's video editor, Play Memories Home....
  3. video playback only in black/white

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    video playback only in black/white: All video playback, from Youtube to zoom to PPT files, originally recorded in color, now only replay in B/W. This just seems to occur in the last week or so of the new year 2021. I'm using Windows 10 ver 1.4.9200.22589, HP ENVY 360 laptop....
  4. Video Playback Problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Video Playback Problem: Videos on my computer have started to just freeze not buffer but just stop and I know it is not an internet connection problem because I can google stuff and even make this post Is there any way I can fix this. submitted by /u/Beanz_B0i [link] [comments]...
  5. Video Playback & Audio Problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Video Playback & Audio Problems: Whenever I try to watch videos on youtube, my laptop won't play them and just keep loading. Every time I try, the audio function stops working and then the video will play. I have ran the troubleshoot for the audio and it says it's fixed but then the video won't play again....
  6. video's are playing in black and white.

video's are playing in black and white.: My video's are playing in black and white....please help fix this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/videos-are-playing-in-black-and-white/1544da19-31b3-4152-8d1b-ad48ab0ab95e
  7. videos play in black and white

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    videos play in black and white: I have Windows 10 and when I play a CNN video and other videos, they play in black and white. When I disconnect the power cord, they play in color. Any ideas?...
  8. Videos in black and white

Videos in black and white: All of a sudden my videos and movies on my computer are playing in black and white. I messed with some of the setting and now i can see some greens and blues in the video but everything else is still black and white. What is wrong with it? How can I fix this?...
  9. sudden problem with video playback

in Browsers and Email
    sudden problem with video playback: I've had my share of problems with Windows 10 and video playback most of which I've resolved on my own. This is a new problem on a website, TMZ, that I watch every day. The error message says "click to enable adobe flash player" and of course when I click on it, nothing...
  10. Video Playback Problem

in Browsers and Email
    Video Playback Problem: I'm getting an error message quite frequently when I try to play a video on almost any website, such as YouTube The message reads: An error occurred. Please try again later. (Playback ID:_VBAMBUYe5vqHN9kc6C). My Internet connection seems OK. I tried Googling the ID but...