Windows 10: Video playback issues, keeps skipping to the end

Discus and support Video playback issues, keeps skipping to the end in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have Windows 10, Dell Precision 5510. I downloaded a few mp4 videos, and I keep having problems with it. Sometimes I like to skip through the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ablfar, Jan 25, 2017.

1. ablfar Win User

Video playback issues, keeps skipping to the end

I have Windows 10, Dell Precision 5510. I downloaded a few mp4 videos, and I keep having problems with it.

Sometimes I like to skip through the video to get to a certain point. Sometimes if I do it a lot for a video, it stops playing. However, today, the videos I downloaded will just stop playing when it reaches some random point. And if I click on the progress bar, it just stops. I've tried Windows Media Player, Movies and TV, and VLC Player, and the same thing happens.

Also, it only happens with the videos I just downloaded. Other videos that I have work fine, even if I skip or playthrough. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

ablfar, Jan 25, 2017
  2. fracfar Win User

I have Windows 10, Dell Precision 5510. I downloaded a few mp4 videos, and I keep having problems with it.

Sometimes I like to skip through the video to get to a certain point. Sometimes if I do it a lot for a video, it stops playing. However, today, the videos I downloaded will just stop playing when it reaches some random point. And if I click on the progress
    bar, it just stops. I've tried Windows Media Player, Movies and TV, and VLC Player, and the same thing happens.

Also, it only happens with the videos I just downloaded. Other videos that I have work fine, even if I skip or playthrough. Any help would be appreciated.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

fracfar, Jan 25, 2017
  3. fracfar Win User

Bump...?

fracfar, Jan 25, 2017
  4. ablfar Win User

bump

ablfar, Jan 26, 2017
  5. Berton Win User
    7 hours really is too soon to bump, most of us volunteers are not viewing 24/7 [some have a life]. I was gone that amount of time and just saw this. I have the same problem with some videos and can only attribute it to either a bad download or the upload someone did was bad since I have other videos from the same site [YouTube] that work perfectly. Another issue I see is with folks taking a video of a TV screen and there's an obvious whitish glare in the middle of the image.

Berton, Jan 26, 2017
  6. ablfar Win User
    Sorry about the early bump. Yeah, it was probably a bad download since other videos are working. I'll probably try and download again

ablfar, Jan 26, 2017
  7. If you still have problems,try videohelp.com.An excellent forum for all things video.

joeandmarg0, Jan 27, 2017
  8. ablfar Win User

Fixed it. I re-downloaded the videos. I guess the files were corrupted or something. Thank you!

ablfar, Jan 27, 2017
  9. Berton Win User
    You're welcome, had the same issue just a bit ago and had to re-download.

Berton, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Video playback issues, keeps skipping to the end - Similar Threads - Video playback issues

2. Videos Keep Skipping Backwards

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Videos Keep Skipping Backwards: Heyo!So I’ve had an issue with a brand new PC running on Windows 11. Upon startup, my Windows Key doesn’t work, and videos in a playlist/music playlists will not work at all. Instead, video playlists will only play the very first video in the playlist, then constantly jump...
  3. Videos Keep Skipping Backwards

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Videos Keep Skipping Backwards: Heyo!So I’ve had an issue with a brand new PC running on Windows 11. Upon startup, my Windows Key doesn’t work, and videos in a playlist/music playlists will not work at all. Instead, video playlists will only play the very first video in the playlist, then constantly jump...
  4. Video playback issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    Video playback issues: Hey all, I have MSI 2080ti and noticed that after installing geforce drivers, I have video playback issues, for example in hulu app or web there is black screen with sound only, no video. Also in youtube, videos are playing corrupted like this: https://imgur.com/KN2jKSS...
  5. Video playback issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Video playback issues: I'm one of the many, many, many people seeing the video glitch with Windows 10. I play a video, or a .gif file, and it gets zoomed in to a pixellated mess, and I'm left staring at (for instance) Philip DeFranco's mouth, and nothing else. At least, I think it's his mouth. Hard...
  6. Video playback issues.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Video playback issues.: Whenever I try to watch a video on YouTube, the video will display the buffering circle. If the video is from an ad, the video screen will display a blank green screen. Audio for all videos works, just the image itself doesn't. I have windows 10, and let my computer install...
  7. Video Playback issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Video Playback issues: I have Windows 10 and this issue happens on the Edge browser and my other browser Google Chrome. You tube videos, the video ads that play on Microsoft games, and videos on windows opened within websites are zoomed in so close that you can't make out what is playing. This...
  8. Video playback issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    Video playback issues: I recently built a brand new computer and am having issues with local video playback. YouTube video playback works perfectly fine but any local players like the Films & TV app, Windows Media Player and even VLC stutter and lag maybe every 10 seconds inconsistently. All...
  9. Video playback skipping after Windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    Video playback skipping after Windows 10 upgrade: I did a fresh format of Windows 10 on my laptop and ever since any video playback skips/stutters about every few minutes in VLC or Media Player. I have updated my graphics card, sound card, and am up to date on windows 10. I've seen other threads in other forums on this and...
  10. Video Playback Issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Video Playback Issues: I am running Windows 10 Home 64-bit. I have an Intel HD Graphics card and a NVIDIA GeForce GT 735M. I have had an issue for a couple of months when viewing videos or footage from my built-in camera. Half of the screen appears fine, but the other half is filled with horizontal...