Windows 10: Video Playback Issues

Discus and support Video Playback Issues in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am running Windows 10 Home 64-bit. I have an Intel HD Graphics card and a NVIDIA GeForce GT 735M. I have had an issue for a couple of months when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by IronMan16, Jul 28, 2015.

1. IronMan16 Win User

Video Playback Issues

I am running Windows 10 Home 64-bit. I have an Intel HD Graphics card and a NVIDIA GeForce GT 735M. I have had an issue for a couple of months when viewing videos or footage from my built-in camera. Half of the screen appears fine, but the other half is filled with horizontal blurring bars. This happens with a lot of videos, but some appear okay. The attached image is an example from today on YouTube.

Video Playback Issues [​IMG]

:)

IronMan16, Jul 28, 2015
  2. Jessen P Win User

Video Playback Issues

Hi Zachery,

Thank you for being part of Windows 10.

1. Is the issue specific to YouTube?

2. Which browser do you use to access websites?

3. Did you try with other browsers and was the issue while you use all the browsers?

Please reply to the questions in order to assist you in a better way.

Jessen P, Jul 28, 2015
  3. JNRain Win User
    Video playback issues

I'm also having this issue. I've tried the steps above, but since the driver is being supplied through the Windows Update process I'm not able to get a copy of the driver to attempt to install it in Windows 8 compatibility mode. Driver is for the AMD
    Radeon HD 6310 Graphics card and the only Windows 10 driver available for this card is through Windows Updates. Attempted to install one from AMD in Windows 8 compatibility mode, but had to uninstall it and re-allow Windows Updates to install the correct
    driver for Windows 10. All video and audio playback is extremely pixelated in Windows Media Player, Video Player, and Real Player. I have had some success viewing video using VLC Player (which I finally discovered after 2 months of not being able to view
    any video at all) but it is still poor quality and somewhat pixelated. Please offer some help or I'm going to be forced to revert to Windows 8.

Thanks,

John

JNRain, Jul 28, 2015
  4. remake Win User

Video Playback Issues

I have exactly the same issue visually but with some differences concerning the reasons: never in youtube, rather when playback other video in some programs, including Windows 10 system one and last but not least when charging the battery! When unplugging the cord the half screen blur disapears immediatelly! This happens on Sony Vaio Pro ultrabook (checked two slighlty different models).

remake, Aug 11, 2015
  5. LJM
    LJM Win User
    Same issue - for online and offline. Windows Media Player, VLC, Quicktime and YouTube.

Video Playback Issues [​IMG]

6. I have a Sony Vaio laptop and had the same problem. This problem had been posted on the Sony community forum and someone pointed to a temporary solution at: Videos distorted after Windows 10 upgrade - Microsoft Community

Basically it involves turning off "X-Reality for mobile" under the Image Quality tab of the VAIO Control Center. It seems Sony doesn't yet have a Windows 10 update for it so turning it off gets your videos working again. It did for me.

stanstelle, Aug 30, 2015
  7. LaptopVideo2Go Forums

go there, they have links to updated drivers and software for sony and other laptops that should help *Smile

UnaSalusVictus, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Video Playback Issues

1. Video Playback Issues - Similar Threads - Video Playback Issues

2. video playback is having issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    video playback is having issues: I'm have trouble viewing videos the videos appear with left half of the screen ok but the right half is blurred.? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-playback-is-having-issues/86efc3fc-66c3-4b20-b54d-f7197fb67533
  3. video playback is having issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    video playback is having issues: I'm have trouble viewing videos the videos appear with left half of the screen ok but the right half is blurred.? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-playback-is-having-issues/86efc3fc-66c3-4b20-b54d-f7197fb67533
  4. video playback is having issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Video playback scaling issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video playback scaling issue: We are running PowerPoint 2019 through HDMI to a video projector to display slides and video during our church's worship services. Using a program by Telestream called Desktop Presenter, we are sending the image off the screen feeding the projector to our live streaming...
  6. Video playback issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    Video playback issues: Hey all, I have MSI 2080ti and noticed that after installing geforce drivers, I have video playback issues, for example in hulu app or web there is black screen with sound only, no video. Also in youtube, videos are playing corrupted like this: https://imgur.com/KN2jKSS...
  7. Video playback issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Video playback issues: I'm one of the many, many, many people seeing the video glitch with Windows 10. I play a video, or a .gif file, and it gets zoomed in to a pixellated mess, and I'm left staring at (for instance) Philip DeFranco's mouth, and nothing else. At least, I think it's his mouth. Hard...
  8. Video playback issues.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Video playback issues.: Whenever I try to watch a video on YouTube, the video will display the buffering circle. If the video is from an ad, the video screen will display a blank green screen. Audio for all videos works, just the image itself doesn't. I have windows 10, and let my computer install...
  9. Video Playback issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Video Playback issues: I have Windows 10 and this issue happens on the Edge browser and my other browser Google Chrome. You tube videos, the video ads that play on Microsoft games, and videos on windows opened within websites are zoomed in so close that you can't make out what is playing. This...
  10. Video playback issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    Video playback issues: I recently built a brand new computer and am having issues with local video playback. YouTube video playback works perfectly fine but any local players like the Films & TV app, Windows Media Player and even VLC stutter and lag maybe every 10 seconds inconsistently. All...