Windows 10: video playback only in black/white

Discus and support video playback only in black/white in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; All video playback, from Youtube to zoom to PPT files, originally recorded in color, now only replay in B/W. This just seems to occur in the last week... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Tom Barstow, Jan 18, 2021.

1. video playback only in black/white

All video playback, from Youtube to zoom to PPT files, originally recorded in color, now only replay in B/W. This just seems to occur in the last week or so of the new year 2021. I'm using Windows 10 ver 1.4.9200.22589, HP ENVY 360 laptop.

:)

Tom Barstow, Jan 18, 2021

2. Video playback Black and white and TWICE the size

I am gaving problems with the video playback on my computer. No matter what video playback I use, (Except VLC player which plays all videos fine)the video comes out Black and white and DOUBLE the size! This started happening after the last windows update.
    Can anyone tell me how to get it back to it's normal state. Some way in my settings? I don't know the exact day it started happening so I can't go back to a restore point..... and before anyone asks it is NOT happening on YouTube, BUT it is happening on the
    Netflix app, and the HULU app. Any help?

JohnnyCorcoran, Jan 18, 2021
  3. jcd4 Win User
    video playback becomes black and white

my windows version is the 1803 and my video files when played are all black and white. Driver update says latest version is already installed. One time i thought a program was causing it since when i closed it the video turned normal now it's gone permanently
    black and white. I also tried them in windows media player same problem black and white result.

4. JanaDS Win User

video playback only in black/white

Videos playing in black and white when my laptop is charging

Any suggestions for solving this same problem in Windows 8? I tried the above method by after Step 3 there's no Video playback option as suggested in Step 4.

Thanks!

JanaDS, Jan 18, 2021
Thema:

video playback only in black/white

1. video playback only in black/white - Similar Threads - video playback black

2. LifeCam Studio Only Displaying Black and White Video

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    LifeCam Studio Only Displaying Black and White Video: I have a LifeCam Studio attached to a Windows 10 laptop. Until yesterday, it was displaying video just fine. When connecting up to a Teams meeting, it started to display only in black and white. I have tried different USB ports, tried it on another computer, and it still...
  3. Video clips only come up in black and white.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Video clips only come up in black and white.: When I see an image on my laptop, it is in color. When I click on the image to see the video clip, all I get is the clip in black and white. How do I solve this problem?...
  4. Video playback in black and white, troubleshooter not finding a problem

Video playback in black and white, troubleshooter not finding a problem: I videos have begun playing in black and white. I ran the troubleshooter to see if a driver needed to be updated and the troubleshooter found no issues. What could be the problem and how do I fix it?...
  5. video's are playing in black and white.

in Windows 10 Customization
    video's are playing in black and white.: My video's are playing in black and white....please help fix this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/videos-are-playing-in-black-and-white/1544da19-31b3-4152-8d1b-ad48ab0ab95e
  6. Video playing in black and white AND zoomed in...

Video playing in black and white AND zoomed in...: So today (10/11/18) I went to go watch something I have saved one my laptop but I found it playing in black and white. Well, tried a few different things and the video started to play zoomed in on a specific area of the video. So I did some more searching, checked to make...
  7. videos play in black and white

videos play in black and white: I have Windows 10 and when I play a CNN video and other videos, they play in black and white. When I disconnect the power cord, they play in color. Any ideas?...
  8. Videos in black and white

Videos in black and white: All of a sudden my videos and movies on my computer are playing in black and white. I messed with some of the setting and now i can see some greens and blues in the video but everything else is still black and white. What is wrong with it? How can I fix this?...
  9. Videos only playing in black and white.

Videos only playing in black and white.: All of the sudden, my videos only play in black and white. I am not computer savvy and have no idea of what I did to cause this or how to fix it. I did some general things but didn't want to do anything to make matters worse. Any help would be greatly appreciated before I...
  10. When playback a video created from photos it shows only a black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When playback a video created from photos it shows only a black screen: When playback a video created from photos it shows only a black screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-photos/when-playback-a-video-created-from-photos-it-shows/cde88f29-b731-4e6c-abdd-2a30d0cf9b0d