Windows 10: Video playback problems after upgrade

Discus and support Video playback problems after upgrade in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After upgrading my laptop from Windows 7 to 10, video sound both native and streaming became distorted. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the audio... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Joe Coughlin, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Joe Coughlin Win User

Video playback problems after upgrade

After upgrading my laptop from Windows 7 to 10, video sound both native and streaming became distorted. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the audio driver to no avail. I then noticed that I was encountering the same problem whether I played audio through speakers plugged into the headphone jack or through the HDMI-connected TV.
    I have also disabled all background apps in case they were somehow interfering, but it made no difference. Recently I discovered that the problem completely disappears if I use a pair of headphones.
    I don't know how to describe the distortion other than to say it's like an electronic buzz, so I recorded it with my crappy mp3 player mic and uploaded it to Vocaroo (capturing system sound didn't record the distortion for some reason).

Here is an mp3 played with WMP through the TV:
    Vocaroo | Voice message
    You can hear the distortion at :06, :15, :18, and others. The worst one is at :32.

I've tried everything I can think of. Does anyone have any suggestions?

:)

Joe Coughlin, Aug 6, 2015
  2. siciliangal Win User

video in windows 10

After upgrading to Windows 10 the video sound is horrible. All I hear is an extremely loud buzzing and stuttering videos. There is no problem with playback on Chrome or Torch.

siciliangal, Aug 6, 2015
  3. siciliangal Win User
    videos are horrible

After upgrading to windows 10, videos now have a very loud buzzing and playback is very choppy. Everything was fine before.

siciliangal, Aug 6, 2015
Thema:

Video playback problems after upgrade

1. Video playback problems after upgrade - Similar Threads - Video playback problems

2. video playback ...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    video playback ...: I am attempting to watch some older videos on cd (PC)..windows 10. These have downloaded to my PC no problem but when I attempt to play, the sound is as clear as a bell but I do not get video...any suggestions out there?...
  3. Video playback

in Windows 10 Customization
    Video playback: Hi, my laptop recently crashed whilst playing video and now most of the time when playing video, be it using Google Chrome, Windows media player or even the video in the video playback settings, the red and green will be desaturated leaving mostly just the blue, dose not...
  4. Videos playback

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Videos playback: Since a couple of days ago I cannot play videos properly (on line, or from my own files on the computer). I posted this in a Chrome Forum, it explains my problem: For me, this just started recently (a few days ago) and it does not affect all videos, just some seemingly at...
  5. Videos playback

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Videos playback: Since a couple of days ago I cannot play videos properly (on line, or from my own files on the computer). I posted this in a Chrome Forum, it explains my problem: For me, this just started recently (a few days ago) and it does not affect all videos, just some seemingly at...
  6. sudden problem with video playback

in Browsers and Email
    sudden problem with video playback: I've had my share of problems with Windows 10 and video playback most of which I've resolved on my own. This is a new problem on a website, TMZ, that I watch every day. The error message says "click to enable adobe flash player" and of course when I click on it, nothing...
  7. Video Playback Problem

in Browsers and Email
    Video Playback Problem: I'm getting an error message quite frequently when I try to play a video on almost any website, such as YouTube The message reads: An error occurred. Please try again later. (Playback ID:_VBAMBUYe5vqHN9kc6C). My Internet connection seems OK. I tried Googling the ID but...
  8. Problem with audio and video files playback after ntfs folder decompre

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Problem with audio and video files playback after ntfs folder decompre: I am using win 10 64bit with which i used to have no problems playing back music and video. Recently, i discovered that the entire two folders where i am keeping my music and videos and which are both on one partition alone have been ntfs compressed as i noticed that the...
  9. Video playback skipping after Windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    Video playback skipping after Windows 10 upgrade: I did a fresh format of Windows 10 on my laptop and ever since any video playback skips/stutters about every few minutes in VLC or Media Player. I have updated my graphics card, sound card, and am up to date on windows 10. I've seen other threads in other forums on this and...
  10. Video Playback Issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Video Playback Issues: I am running Windows 10 Home 64-bit. I have an Intel HD Graphics card and a NVIDIA GeForce GT 735M. I have had an issue for a couple of months when viewing videos or footage from my built-in camera. Half of the screen appears fine, but the other half is filled with horizontal...