Video playback problems after upgrade

Discus and support Video playback problems after upgrade in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; After upgrading my laptop from Windows 7 to 10, video sound both native and streaming became distorted. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the audio... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Joe Coughlin, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Joe Coughlin Win User

After upgrading my laptop from Windows 7 to 10, video sound both native and streaming became distorted. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the audio driver to no avail. I then noticed that I was encountering the same problem whether I played audio through speakers plugged into the headphone jack or through the HDMI-connected TV.
    I have also disabled all background apps in case they were somehow interfering, but it made no difference. Recently I discovered that the problem completely disappears if I use a pair of headphones.
    I don't know how to describe the distortion other than to say it's like an electronic buzz, so I recorded it with my crappy mp3 player mic and uploaded it to Vocaroo (capturing system sound didn't record the distortion for some reason).

Here is an mp3 played with WMP through the TV:
    Vocaroo | Voice message
    You can hear the distortion at :06, :15, :18, and others. The worst one is at :32.

I've tried everything I can think of. Does anyone have any suggestions?

:)

Joe Coughlin, Aug 6, 2015
  2. siciliangal Win User

video in windows 10

After upgrading to Windows 10 the video sound is horrible. All I hear is an extremely loud buzzing and stuttering videos. There is no problem with playback on Chrome or Torch.

siciliangal, Aug 6, 2015
  3. siciliangal Win User
    videos are horrible

After upgrading to windows 10, videos now have a very loud buzzing and playback is very choppy. Everything was fine before.

siciliangal, Aug 6, 2015
Thema:

Video playback problems after upgrade

Video playback problems after upgrade - Similar Threads - Video playback problems

Forum Date

dell latitude 6400 windows 10 home, video playback with stutter/skips

dell latitude 6400 windows 10 home, video playback with stutter/skips: Dell Latitude E6400 Laptop Core 2 Duo 2.53GHZ 4GB 250GB DVDRW Windows 10 Home graphics : mobile intel(r) 4 series express chipset family wddm 1.1 graphics driver update check: intel says no new drivers found ran system file checker, no problems found when I play a saved...
Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance Jun 11, 2018

FPS problem in Adobe Flash Player video playback

FPS problem in Adobe Flash Player video playback: Hi I'm watching a TV show on hulu.com named Americas Got Talent which support 60 fps but the playback always drop a lot of frames and the video cropping a little bit. it never lock at 60 fps. so i took a HTML5 video test at 30fps vs 60fps - Compare footage from various...
Browsers and Email Sep 18, 2015

sudden problem with video playback

sudden problem with video playback: I've had my share of problems with Windows 10 and video playback most of which I've resolved on my own. This is a new problem on a website, TMZ, that I watch every day. The error message says "click to enable adobe flash player" and of course when I click on it, nothing...
Browsers and Email Mar 28, 2018

Video Playback Problem

Video Playback Problem: I'm getting an error message quite frequently when I try to play a video on almost any website, such as YouTube The message reads: An error occurred. Please try again later. (Playback ID:_VBAMBUYe5vqHN9kc6C). My Internet connection seems OK. I tried Googling the ID but...
Browsers and Email Sep 4, 2017

Audio Driver Seems To Cause Video Playback Problems

Audio Driver Seems To Cause Video Playback Problems: hey, since today i started having issues with videos not playing correctly. VLC: whenever i start a video, there is a delay for a few seconds where i only see the first frame of the video, after that audio crackles, then it plays normally. twitch.tv via firefox:...
Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware Feb 4, 2018

Video playback stutters - different problems with different players

Video playback stutters - different problems with different players: Hello! So here's how it looks like with different programs: VLC - video doesn't seem to stutter, audio stutters (stops momentarily about 2 times per second). Computer restart can solve that sometimes. W10 Movies and TV app - video freezes for about 1-10 seconds few times...
Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware Aug 3, 2015

Problem with audio and video files playback after ntfs folder decompre

Problem with audio and video files playback after ntfs folder decompre: I am using win 10 64bit with which i used to have no problems playing back music and video. Recently, i discovered that the entire two folders where i am keeping my music and videos and which are both on one partition alone have been ntfs compressed as i noticed that the...
Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance Apr 21, 2017
Video playback problems after upgrade solved