Windows 10: Video Playback Settings Error in Display Field: Error: unsupported video type or invalid...

Discus and support Video Playback Settings Error in Display Field: Error: unsupported video type or invalid... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, Just got this laptop, the Videoplay Back Settings indicate the following message in place of the display screen that should show whether... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Rascal2020, Jun 11, 2019.

1. Video Playback Settings Error in Display Field: Error: unsupported video type or invalid...

Hello,

Just got this laptop, the Videoplay Back Settings indicate the following message in place of the display screen that should show whether you're video settings were okay. And, I cannot use YouTube in my Explore Edge web browser.

What should I do to make sure my Video Playback Settings are okay and get this Error Message to go away in the Settings Display field.

~Thanks

:)

Rascal2020, Jun 11, 2019

2. Video streaming failed with unsupported video type error

Hi,
    I was able to resolve the issue by disabling all hardware enhancements for Conexant Smartaudio HD. Here are the steps I took to resolve it, in case someone else runs into the same frustrating problem as I did: Right click on the speaker icon on the lower right hand corner -> Playback Devices -> Disable all hardware enhancements -> OK -> Reboot. That's it!

garfieldltd, Jun 11, 2019
  3. Video streaming failed with unsupported video type error

Hello tenforums members,
    I upgraded my Lenovo U310 laptop from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 a week ago. Everything seems to have upgraded successfully. The only problem that I can find is that none of the video streaming from Windows 10 apps can be played. I get an error 'Unsupported video type or invalid file path' when I click on a video article in USA Today or when I try to stream video from any other apps, NBC News, MSN Money, etc... from Windows 10 store.

I have no issue streaming videos from any of the browser though. What could be missing that could cause video streaming to fail? I would appreciate any suggestions or comments. Thanks.

garfieldltd, Jun 11, 2019
  4. Video Playback Settings Error in Display Field: Error: unsupported video type or invalid...

Video Won't Play, error Unsupported video type or invalid file path

I've tried downloading/saving music videos on my PC via the Free Instant Youtube downloader app and it keeps on displaying the error: 'Unsupported video type or invalid file path'.

If you could please help me sort out the issue i'll most grateful so that i can continue downloading and listening to my favorite music videos.

Robert Tole, Jun 11, 2019
Thema:

Video Playback Settings Error in Display Field: Error: unsupported video type or invalid...

1. Video Playback Settings Error in Display Field: Error: unsupported video type or invalid... - Similar Threads - Video Playback Settings

2. Video Playback error 0x8007060e

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Video Playback error 0x8007060e: i cant play any videos on my desktop using the movies and tv app https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-playback-error-0x8007060e/d4c91788-0be3-4026-a925-d3dc8f3da159
  3. Video playback

in Windows 10 Customization
    Video playback: Just realized that videos that I can play back on Windows media player on my Vista laptop will not play back on my Windows 10 laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-playback/93491059-7e45-440e-9434-5c9a30382d85
  4. video playback

video playback: I seem to be having problems with video playback. for some reason when it plays it looks like it is zooming in on the video. and is in black and white, how do I solve this please ....
  5. Fix Unsupported video type or invalid file path error

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Unsupported video type or invalid file path error: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Some servers don’t have an associated MIME type to support MP4 files. As such, they fail to play MP4 files. To correct this, you’ll need to configure the MP4 MIME type in IIS. This tutorial walks you through the process [...] This post Fix Unsupported video...
  6. Video Playback

Video Playback: When I go to Netflix, amazon video, u-tube etc. and play a video it goes to max size and I can see only about an eighth of it. Until I hit play, all is normal. I have looked at all settings and can find nothing. HELP!...
  7. Video playback

Video playback: Hi, my laptop recently crashed whilst playing video and now most of the time when playing video, be it using Google Chrome, Windows media player or even the video in the video playback settings, the red and green will be desaturated leaving mostly just the blue, dose not...
  8. Videos playback

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Videos playback: Since a couple of days ago I cannot play videos properly (on line, or from my own files on the computer). I posted this in a Chrome Forum, it explains my problem: For me, this just started recently (a few days ago) and it does not affect all videos, just some seemingly at...
  9. Unsupported Video Type Invalid File Type in Windows 10 Twitter App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unsupported Video Type Invalid File Type in Windows 10 Twitter App: So lately i found this nifty lil Twitter app that comes with Windows 10 But when i click a tweet with a vine retweet or such it gives me an error saying "Unsupported Video Type Invalid File Type" Has anyone been using the twitter app lately and are getting the same error?...
  10. Video streaming failed with unsupported video type error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video streaming failed with unsupported video type error: Hello tenforums members, I upgraded my Lenovo U310 laptop from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 a week ago. Everything seems to have upgraded successfully. The only problem that I can find is that none of the video streaming from Windows 10 apps can be played. I get an error...