Windows 10: Video playback zoomed in and grainy in all apps while computer is charging

Discus and support Video playback zoomed in and grainy in all apps while computer is charging in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, For several months I haven't been able to correctly play videos (across multiple websites--youtube, facebook, network TV streams, etc). After... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Tanya E, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Tanya E Win User

Video playback zoomed in and grainy in all apps while computer is charging

Hi,

For several months I haven't been able to correctly play videos (across multiple websites--youtube, facebook, network TV streams, etc). After googling, I found that other people had the same issue, but it hadn't been resolved yet.

-Videos show up as zoomed in like 800% and grainy, regardless of what settings the player itself is set to.

-It only appears to happen when my computer is plugged in (unfortunately, the battery is circling the drain, so it more or less has to be plugged in at all times.)

So far, I've tried running the video playback troubleshooter. It informed me that no problems were identified.

I also checked for updates and none were needed as I'm already running the latest version of Windows.

I also checked for updates to the drivers for my monitor and display adapter. Again, my computer says they are both up to date.

Anybody have any other suggestions? I'm not overly tech savvy so may need a play-by-play if you have some to offer.

Thanks!!!

:)

Tanya E, Nov 9, 2018

2. Video Playback Zoomed in.

Hey, I have an HP Pavilion Notebook that I've had for almost two years now. It runs on Wondows 10, 12gb ram and an AMD Radeon HD 8400/ R3 Series graphics APU. Last week I was using my computer as I always have I recently aquired a webcam that I use with
    skype to chat with my family and friends abroad and everything was ok until one day I saw that all the videos were zoomed wether it be Facebook or a normal webpage like maybe a news webpage so I started looking for help going through different browsers and
    incognito and installing the latest version of flash player and running the video playback troubleshooter to the result that it couldn't identify the problem and so I kept searching until I found a solution for google chrome by disabling the "use hardware
    acceleration when available" option in chrome settings. But then I noticed the problem persisted outside of chrome in the rest of the computer for example in Skype when doing a video call, all incoming video was zoomed in and the preview of my outgoing video
    was also zoomed in I tried installing a new graphics driver but then the computer got slow and when I tried to fix it being slow updating the graphics driver it went back to how everything was initially.

Andres Gonzalez J, Nov 9, 2018
  3. nikta101 Win User
    Videos are too zoomed in

I'd say one of out every 10 videos I click on (usually on Youtube and always when i'm watching livestreams) are extremely zoomed in and grainy. I've tried turning off my adblock, using internet explorer, watching videos while my computer isn't charged, and
    using incognito mode but nothing is working. This also happens while watching downloaded videos, so it seems to be a computer problem rather than a browser problem. Please help, it's very frustrating.

Also I don't know if this information is helpful but I have windows 10, version 1703, system type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

nikta101, Nov 9, 2018
  4. Video playback zoomed in and grainy in all apps while computer is charging

window 10 video playback trouble

Hi David,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need whether you play the video from the website/Movies and TV app?

I suggest you to run the video playback troubleshooter and check if it resolves the issue. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Control Panel

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the
      Control Panel.

• Click on Hardware and devices under
      Troubleshoot computer problems.

• Click on Video playback under Windows.

• Click on Advanced on the Video playback dialog box and click on
      Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Video playback troubleshooter.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Nov 9, 2018
Thema:

Video playback zoomed in and grainy in all apps while computer is charging

1. Video playback zoomed in and grainy in all apps while computer is charging - Similar Threads - Video playback zoomed

2. Ugly Video Playback across all the apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ugly Video Playback across all the apps: I'm using Legion Y540 i5-9300H, GTX1650, 8GB RAM and Windows 1909. Everything was fine till yesterday but now the video playback is utter trash. The videos lack saturation and contrast and are oversharp. This is happening in all the apps including MPC-HC, PotPlayer, inbuilt...
  3. No Video for ZOOM app

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Video for ZOOM app: I just downloaded the Zoom app on my laptop -- Dell Inspiron 13, 7000 Series, Windows 10. However, I can't get the video to work. Audio is fine, but no video. I can see others on Zoom, but they can't see me, nor can I see me. Any suggestions for a technically-challenged...
  4. grainy and pixelated video

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    grainy and pixelated video: on my new GPU gtx 1660ti video playback in 1080p is not crystal clear and sharp i can see pixels on screen should i change my monitor wire 139397
  5. all video plays in a zoomed in mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    all video plays in a zoomed in mode: all video plays in a zoomed in mode how to back to normal in video mode I need your response asap not paasa https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-video-plays-in-a-zoomed-in-mode/50af1c96-eb2d-441b-b729-fe9c7f487aee
  6. All videos Are zoomed in...

All videos Are zoomed in...: Every video I try to watch, whether its streaming from the Internet or downloaded onto my pc, is zoomed in to maximum and is unwatchable. I ran the troubleshoot, which said nothing is wrong. I've tried to update the drive, which said the driver is updated currently. Any other...
  7. Video playback all zoomed up

Video playback all zoomed up: In the last week or so my laptop stopped dislaying video content correctly. Video is all zoomed in. Happens with stored videos i,ve taken and also on streaming sites like netflix. Has been working fine, until recently. Running windows 10 Cheere...
  8. Green Screen issue on all video playbacks on apps specific to windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Green Screen issue on all video playbacks on apps specific to windows: Hello I originally had this green screen issue on google chrome as well but was able to fix it in the settings however I continue to have this problem on all video playbacks that are not on googles web browser. any app that uses windows such as the Hulu and Netflix app both...
  9. Videos playback

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Videos playback: Since a couple of days ago I cannot play videos properly (on line, or from my own files on the computer). I posted this in a Chrome Forum, it explains my problem: For me, this just started recently (a few days ago) and it does not affect all videos, just some seemingly at...
  10. Video Playback Zoomed in.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Video Playback Zoomed in.: Hey, I have an HP Pavilion Notebook that I've had for almost two years now. It runs on Wondows 10, 12gb ram and an AMD Radeon HD 8400/ R3 Series graphics APU. Last week I was using my computer as I always have I recently aquired a webcam that I use with skype to chat with my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. video is zoomed in and grainy