Windows 10: Video player stopped working after update to 2004 version

Discus and support Video player stopped working after update to 2004 version in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When I am using Movies and TV, the sound is playing but not the video. I do not have any issue with KMPlayer. I get an error code Missing codec... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HarveyFoti, Jul 21, 2020.

1. Video player stopped working after update to 2004 version

When I am using Movies and TV, the sound is playing but not the video. I do not have any issue with KMPlayer. I get an error code Missing codec 0x887a0004.

:)

HarveyFoti, Jul 21, 2020

2. Issue after Feature update to Windows 10, version 2004

On 06/12/2020 My Laptop get updated with Feature update to Windows 10, version 2004. After the updation I’m finding few issue in my laptop.

They are listed as:

1. The up arrow key is not working.
    2. Pressing Caps lock key activate hot key. Once Caps lock key pressed 4444 or ////// keep on typing until the interruption.
    3. You Tube videos get stuck up in the middle and to fix it I need to restart it.

ShekharRanjan, Jul 21, 2020
  3. Windows Media Player not working for videos

Hi

The problem is Windows Media Player wont work at all. When I try to play a video clip I get the message: "Browser has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is
    available."

I tried the fix you suggested involved going into Device Manager, Sound video and game controller then looking for updates for the 2 audio drivers available:

• ATI HDMI Audio and
    • Realtek High Definition Audio

but the problem remains.

However, I can open the video files using Windows Live Movie Maker; picture and sound are ok, though the picture is limited in size.

Tim

Tim McGlone, Jul 21, 2020
  4. Video player stopped working after update to 2004 version

Keyboard and Mouse Stopped Working After Updating To Version 2004

Did you find a solution?

I had this same problem after "1909" version (3 weeks ago).

Yesterday I got the "2004" version and my keyboard is still not working.

Already made the drivers thingy (at least it helped with the tactile keyboard, never had problems with the mouse with "1909"). I can not believe I will have to work with an external keyboard forever, I mean, c'mon, there must be a solution as I'm not the only
    one.

Also making the reboot and going back to another version doesn't work. I didn't try it of coursre but other people (including near friends) tried it and it didn't work.

Hi, I had a customer who was running 1909 which automatically updated to 2004.

Once updated the USB keyboard and wireless usb mouse stopped working.

In device manager lots of USB devices had issues and was reporting to be missing drivers.

This seemed to just affect input devices as I connected USB drive and that worked.

Luckily this PC had PS2 connectors and I used a seperate laptop to download USB drivers direct from Gigabyte (This was a custom PC) and then used a USB drive to copy the drivers over and installed using a PS2 keyboard which was working and not affected by
    this issue. But overall a lot of stress for my customer and this shouldn't have happened.

Matt

Matthewl79, Jul 21, 2020
Thema:

Video player stopped working after update to 2004 version

1. Video player stopped working after update to 2004 version - Similar Threads - Video player stopped

2. WIN key is not working after Windows Update of version 2004.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WIN key is not working after Windows Update of version 2004.: Today I updated my win 10 version 2004 to the latest updates. After some time my win key stopped working from my laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-key-is-not-working-after-windows-update-of/a6d2ef01-8cfb-44d2-8b64-df623cec578d
  3. The license stop working after the september update for 2004

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    The license stop working after the september update for 2004: Hi my laptop has a clean install of Windows 10 Pro Education 2004 with the corresponding license, at some point at the beginning of September it start to ask for the license saying "We can't activate Windows on this device because the product key was already used on another...
  4. Touchpad not working after Feature Update version 2004

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad not working after Feature Update version 2004: I have a Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga X1, with Windows 10 64-bit. Yesterday Windows updated itself to the Feature Update version 2004. Problem: After the update, my Elan touchpad stopped working. More precisely, it does not respond to two-finger scroll even if it's enabled in the...
  5. Headphone jack stopped working after Update 2004

Headphone jack stopped working after Update 2004: Since the latest Windows 10 update, version 2004, my headphone jack and task manager have stopped working properly. Basically, nothing I plug into the jack is detected. When I run the troubleshooter, it says that no device is plugged in. However, if I re-boot the computer...
  6. Live tiles not working after update to version 2004

in Windows 10 Customization
    Live tiles not working after update to version 2004: After installing Windows 10 update version 2004, most of the live tiles on my start menu have stopped working. I have tried : turning off then on the live function and resetting the apps. The only tile that still works for some reason is Photos which cycles through some of...
  7. Obs stopped working after 2004 update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Obs stopped working after 2004 update: Obs stopped working after 2004 update it was fine yesterday..kindly help [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/obs-stopped-working-after-2004-update/e88fa586-f9c3-4a3e-91d2-ba8e2181c6a6
  8. BSoD after update to Version 2004

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSoD after update to Version 2004: I faced a BSoD problem today, 1 week after upgrading to Version 2004 feature update. The error shows VIDEO TDR FAILURE atikmpag.sys failed. Here's what i have tried so far- 1.Tried rebooting several times 2. Restore to a previous setting [IMG] 3. Uninstall...
  9. Windows Search Stopped Working after Windows 10 Feature Update Version 2004.

in Cortana
    Windows Search Stopped Working after Windows 10 Feature Update Version 2004.: I have just updated to the latest feature update of Windows 10 version 2004. After completion I found that the Windows Search in Windows Explorer was not working. I cannot input anything in the search toolbar. Tried all methods of resetting Windows Search using Windows...
  10. Keyboard and Mouse Stopped Working After Updating To Version 2004

Keyboard and Mouse Stopped Working After Updating To Version 2004: I was using windows 10 version 1909.It was running fine but after updating to windows inside progamme .I got version 2004. After Updating to version 2004.After updating.I realized the windows was not detecting my mouse and keyboard.I tried to use windows in recovery mode.But...