Windows 10: Video player where I control the speed

Discus and support Video player where I control the speed in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey, I like listening to audiobooks on my windows 10 computer, and I like to listen to them between 2.5 and 3.5 speed, but I can't find a player that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/shatterbase, Nov 9, 2019.

1. Video player where I control the speed

Hey, I like listening to audiobooks on my windows 10 computer, and I like to listen to them between 2.5 and 3.5 speed, but I can't find a player that offers that type of control.

VLC maxes at 2x speed.

Windows Media Player offers tons of different speeds but it always crashes, doesn't allow me to easily choose speeds, and has to be reset everytime you pause and restart.

AnyPlayer offers 2x and 3x, but not 2.5x and 3.5x

Anyone know of a video player where I can easily choose speeds of 2.5x, 2.75x, 3x, and maybe 3.25x and 3.5x, etc?

submitted by /u/shatterbase
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/shatterbase, Nov 9, 2019
  2. Jomel Ber Win User

video player

Hi Richard,

To address this query, if you've tried to set it as default Video Player under Settings and didn't work, we suggest that you try to set the third party Video Player through Control Panel. Here's how:

• Right-click the Start menu, then click Control Panel.
    • Select Programs.
    • Click Default Programs.
    • Under Choose the programs that Windows uses by default, select
      Set your default programs.
    • You'll see a list of programs on the left side of the screen. Choose the program you want to set as default, and click
      Set this program as default.
    • Click OK to save changes.

Also, you may try to restart your computer first to make sure your computer will recognize the installation of your app.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Jomel Ber, Nov 9, 2019
  3. Error (Video) Media Player Windows 10

Hi Lu,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

Please share the details.

• Do you see any error code or error message on the screen?

• Is there any particular Video or video format causing the issue?

I suggest you to download and install the latest graphics drivers from your computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

If the issue persists, Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Media player. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Windows Media player settings and Windows Media player library
    If the issue persist download the Windows media player

I suggest you to download the latest Windows Media Player from the below link.

Download Windows Media Player 10 from Official Microsoft Download Center

I hope the issue will be resolved. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Nov 9, 2019
  4. Video player where I control the speed

Windows DVD Player playback speed control

Does Windows DVD player have the ability to slow down playback speed? I find this feature very useful for language study in some video player software but have been unable to find it in DVD player.

LarryPfafflin, Nov 9, 2019
Thema:

Video player where I control the speed

1. Video player where I control the speed - Similar Threads - Video player where

2. Where is the Video controller VGA Compatible tab is?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where is the Video controller VGA Compatible tab is?: Hello, I'm trying to update my drivers following steps i found on YT. it says to update my Video controller drive but i can't find it in my device manager. How can i add the driver to my laptop?...
  3. Where is the Video controller VGA Compatible tab is?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where is the Video controller VGA Compatible tab is?: Hello, I'm trying to update my drivers following steps i found on YT. it says to update my Video controller drive but i can't find it in my device manager. How can i add the driver to my laptop?...
  4. Google Chrome’s media player is getting playback speed controls

in Windows 10 News
    Google Chrome’s media player is getting playback speed controls: Most of us tend to use YouTube and apps when it comes to streaming content on desktop, but there are instances when you’ve to rely on Chromium’s HTML-based in-built media player, which is used in Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge and other Chromium-based browsers. As per the new...
  5. Is there any video player to increase speed of video????

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is there any video player to increase speed of video????: Is there any video player to increase speed of video in WIN 10 PC ???? i need to increase watching speed of a video to 1.25x. is there any video player???????...
  6. A player where I can speed up video without audio pitch change ?

A player where I can speed up video without audio pitch change ?: I have tons of tutorials/videos to watch on a limited time notice , so I have been watching them on 1.25x speed where the sound pitch is least annoying but still that doesn't resolve the issue much . Now I know that video editors can do a 2x speed up to video without...
  7. Video player

in Windows 10 Customization
    Video player: How can I upgrade my video player on this computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-player/7c07e8ba-8bd6-448b-9b1d-729cde2e3af7
  8. Hiding the windows video player controls.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hiding the windows video player controls.: Hi, So I was wondering if there is a way I can stop the controls shown in the picture from popping up every time I adjust the volume? They are rather annoying in my opinion. [ATTACH]...
  9. Windows DVD Player playback speed control

Windows DVD Player playback speed control: Does Windows DVD player have the ability to slow down playback speed? I find this feature very useful for language study in some video player software but have been unable to find it in DVD player....
  10. Windows 10 Windows Media Player (SPEED CONTROL NOT WORKING)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Windows Media Player (SPEED CONTROL NOT WORKING): Just bought a brand new HP laptop and was delighted to find that that the speed control on the Windows Media Player does not work. Typical Microsoft lameness. How about you put down the ping pong paddles and make sure your software works before you charge people money for...