Windows 10: Video Player zooms in - seems to be Aspect Ratio problem?

Discus and support Video Player zooms in - seems to be Aspect Ratio problem? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Background: Windows 10 laptop, haven't downloaded any updates recently that could coincide with the start of my problems. Whenever I go to view a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by NinjaVols xD, Dec 8, 2018.

1. Video Player zooms in - seems to be Aspect Ratio problem?

Background: Windows 10 laptop, haven't downloaded any updates recently that could coincide with the start of my problems.

Whenever I go to view a video, there's about a 30% chance that it will zoom in on the middle 5% of all frames for the whole video. It seems to decide that certain videos will always have this issue, as it started on YouTube and closing my browser and re-opening the same videos brings the same issue.

This was weird but I figured it a bug on YouTube's part until other third-party video platforms started having the same problem. Tried watching a video on Roosterteeth's website and it had the same problem.

What was really weird is that I opened up the built-in Xbox Application for Windows and started watching recorded clips, and even 30% of THOSE videos were zooming in. BUT those videos had an extra button in the bottom called 'Aspect Ratio' that when clicked on, it would solve the problem and zoom the video back out...for about 1.5 seconds before reverting.

Any known fixes or suggestions here?

:)

NinjaVols xD, Dec 8, 2018
  2. sabre444 Win User

Burn a DVD in Windows 10 with full aspect ratio on DVD player playback

Hi please help , I've burned a DVD in Windows 10 but its 4.3 aspect ratio when played on a DVD player. But I want 16.9. Full aspect

can anyone help please step by step , WINDOWS 10 only!

Thankyou

sabre444, Dec 8, 2018
  3. Edwin Win User
    Edwin, Dec 8, 2018
  4. Video Player zooms in - seems to be Aspect Ratio problem?

How to change monitor aspect ratio without centering screen

Hi Ashakil,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, make sure you are logged in as admin. After that please follow the steps below and check the aspect ratio.

• Right click on Desktop.

• Click on Personalize.

• Advanced display settings,

• Display Adapter properties

• Monitor>scaling>Change Aspect Ratio.
    Hope it helps.

SujataMoktan, Dec 8, 2018
Thema:

Video Player zooms in - seems to be Aspect Ratio problem?

1. Video Player zooms in - seems to be Aspect Ratio problem? - Similar Threads - Video Player zooms

2. Aspect ratio in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Aspect ratio in games: I have a game on my pc that runs in a 4:3 aspect ratio and I accidentally launched it while another game that runs in a 16:9 ratio was open.Now whenever I open that latter game, it runs in a pixelated 4:3 ratio.How do I fix this. How do I set it back to 16:9....
  3. Monitor Aspect Ratio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor Aspect Ratio: I'm running Windows 98 on an old Dell computer. The aspect ratio on the monitor appears to be 16:9 when I want it back to 4:3. How do I do this? Many thannks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-aspect-ratio/18bdf740-2b3e-47f9-9fe7-8bd472896925
  4. Aspect Ratio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Aspect Ratio: I opened up Halo: Master Chief Collection and it first opened on my second monitor and shortly after I got it moved to my first monitor it screwed with my aspect ratio and made my icons on that screen bigger than they should be...
  5. Aspect Ratio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Aspect Ratio: I opened up Halo: Master Chief Collection and it first opened on my second monitor and shortly after I got it moved to my first monitor it screwed with my aspect ratio and made my icons on that screen bigger than they should be...
  6. Changing Webcam Aspect Ratio settings for Meet/Zoom

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Changing Webcam Aspect Ratio settings for Meet/Zoom: I have bought a webcam because the built-in webcam sucks. I am trying to figure out how to change the aspect ratio of my new webcam because it is on 16:9 and I wanted it on 4:3. I have already changed the ratio on the Camera App on windows, it did work but when I try it on...
  7. PROBLEM WITH ASPECT RATIO IN GAMES

in Windows 10 Customization
    PROBLEM WITH ASPECT RATIO IN GAMES: I've got this problem with the last major Windows update. Every time I try to launch a game with a 4:3 aspect ratio, the game just stretches to my whole screen instead of being normal 4:3 with the black bars on the sides this occurs only in fullscreen, if I launch a game in...
  8. 4:3 aspect ratio problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    4:3 aspect ratio problem: Hello fellow Microsoft users, I have run into a problem a few hours ago. I was playing a game that was 4:3 full screen, and I turned my laptop off. When I turned It back on, my whole display was 4:3, even though I have a 16:9 monitor and it is normally 16:9. I have tried...
  9. YouTube video player will now auto adapt based on aspect ratio

in Windows 10 News
    YouTube video player will now auto adapt based on aspect ratio: Hi everyone, We launched an update to the YouTube video player on desktop – the player now automatically adapts to provide the best viewing experience based on the video’s size (aspect ratio) and your computer’s screen/browser size. Highlighting the changes below and...
  10. Resolution/Aspect Ratio Problems...?

in Windows 10 Support
    Resolution/Aspect Ratio Problems...?: For my work I need to take screen captures of maps to put together in a separate program. I started noticing that some portions of the images would line up perfectly while others would be way off, no matter what I scaled them to. Could this be a problem with my Aspect...