Windows 10: video player

Discus and support video player in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a request. On most of my sites that I visit a floating video player keeps popping up and covers too much of the page that I am trying to read.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SusieHolley, May 27, 2020.

1. video player

I have a request. On most of my sites that I visit a floating video player keeps popping up and covers too much of the page that I am trying to read. There used to be an extension that would disable this, but the person who ran that, stopped handling it. This happens in chrome and edge. I want to stop the videos being streamed/loaded as well as stopping auto-play.

:)

SusieHolley, May 27, 2020

2. Error (Video) Media Player Windows 10

Hi Lu,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

Please share the details.

• Do you see any error code or error message on the screen?

• Is there any particular Video or video format causing the issue?

I suggest you to download and install the latest graphics drivers from your computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

If the issue persists, Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Media player. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Windows Media player settings and Windows Media player library
    If the issue persist download the Windows media player

I suggest you to download the latest Windows Media Player from the below link.

Download Windows Media Player 10 from Official Microsoft Download Center

I hope the issue will be resolved. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, May 27, 2020
  3. give me another video players for playimg all videos

For now, there is no alternative video player available on windows phone. It is kind of sad really.

Luckily, I have a couple of suggestions.

• You could convert your videos on your phone to windows phone format using many video encoders. My personal favourite is an open source software called Vid Coder.
    • VLC media player which is available for all other platforms is finally coming to windows phone. But we just don't know when it is launching. S

Jay_answers, May 27, 2020
  4. video player

Playback video problems

Hi Rod,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in accessing the videos on Windows Media Player. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • What exactly happens when you try to access the playback videos?

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the below troubleshooters and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Press Windows key, type troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane.
    • Click onWindows Media Player DVD and follow the onscreen instructions.
    • Follow the same to Windows Media Player Settings as well.

Also, refer to the Microsoft article to know more about:
    Windows Media Player

Step 2: I suggest you to install the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, May 27, 2020
Thema:

video player

1. video player - Similar Threads - video player

2. Windows media Player can't play MP4 files. HEVC Video Extensions not supported by Windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows media Player can't play MP4 files. HEVC Video Extensions not supported by Windows...: Windows media Player can't play MP4 files. HEVC Video Extensions not supported by Windows 11. What to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-cant-play-mp4-files-hevc/489ead5d-7b82-4ecf-ba57-032a4ae53490
  3. Windows media Player can't play MP4 files. HEVC Video Extensions not supported by Windows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows media Player can't play MP4 files. HEVC Video Extensions not supported by Windows...: Windows media Player can't play MP4 files. HEVC Video Extensions not supported by Windows 11. What to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-cant-play-mp4-files-hevc/489ead5d-7b82-4ecf-ba57-032a4ae53490
  4. Playing local video on Windows Media Player Legacy show grainy noisy effect on external...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Playing local video on Windows Media Player Legacy show grainy noisy effect on external...: Hi Microsoft,I would like to seek your expertise regarding user experience concerning Dell corporate laptops. Wondering f there is any future update or enhancement to support Media Player Legacy's for higher resolution?Problem: While playing video with Windows Media Player...
  5. Playing local video on Windows Media Player Legacy show grainy noisy effect on external...

Playing local video on Windows Media Player Legacy show grainy noisy effect on external...: Hi Microsoft,I would like to seek your expertise regarding user experience concerning Dell corporate laptops. Wondering f there is any future update or enhancement to support Media Player Legacy's for higher resolution?Problem: While playing video with Windows Media Player...
  6. Play a Video automatically on Media Player on the 2nd monitor.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Play a Video automatically on Media Player on the 2nd monitor.: Hi,How do you get Windows 10 to automatically play a video full screen on the 2nd display monitor? I have a presentation to do and loads of videos, interspersed with PPT and Docs shown from OpenLP but OpenLP isn't great at handling videos, so I need to queue the videos up on...
  7. Play a Video automatically on Media Player on the 2nd monitor.

Play a Video automatically on Media Player on the 2nd monitor.: Hi,How do you get Windows 10 to automatically play a video full screen on the 2nd display monitor? I have a presentation to do and loads of videos, interspersed with PPT and Docs shown from OpenLP but OpenLP isn't great at handling videos, so I need to queue the videos up on...
  8. Movies & TV app no longer showing up as either default video player, or on the apps list...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Movies & TV app no longer showing up as either default video player, or on the apps list...: I have tried repair. Then deleted and reinstalled the Movies and TV app. Then tried going into system settings and selecting DEFAULT APPS and trying to change it there. No matter what I do, Moves & TV app no longer shows up as an option. It was truly the best Windows 11 app...
  9. Movies & TV app no longer showing up as either default video player, or on the apps list...

Movies & TV app no longer showing up as either default video player, or on the apps list...: I have tried repair. Then deleted and reinstalled the Movies and TV app. Then tried going into system settings and selecting DEFAULT APPS and trying to change it there. No matter what I do, Moves & TV app no longer shows up as an option. It was truly the best Windows 11 app...
  10. Movies & TV and Windows Media Player only play audio for the first few seconds of videos

Movies & TV and Windows Media Player only play audio for the first few seconds of videos: When I open a video in Movies & TV or Windows Media Player the first few seconds of the video plays only audio with a black screen on Movies & TV or only audio and a freeze frame of the video on Windows Media Player. On Windows Media Player if I set the video to repeat, the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. video player windows phone