Windows 10: Video preview in windows missing/not playing. Has anyone experience this? How to fix it?

Discus and support Video preview in windows missing/not playing. Has anyone experience this? How to fix it? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/arch017 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/arch017, May 13, 2020.

1. Video preview in windows missing/not playing. Has anyone experience this? How to fix it?

/u/arch017, May 13, 2020
  2. Eclassbud Win User

Video in the preview pane

Aileen,

Thank you so much for your reply.

What I really need to know is how get the video to play in the preview pane. Prior to Windows 10, this worked wonderfully and was an asset. Now, it requires making changes to the Windows registry - not recommended due to the enormous amount of issues with
    Windows 10.

Any other suggestions?

Eclassbud, May 13, 2020
  3. Amit_Sun Win User
    video not playing

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. May I know, which video player you are using to play the video?
    2. Are you able to play the video on any other computer?
    3. Are you facing the issue with only specific video or with all the other videos?

This issue could also occur when the USB or SD card is corrupted when you have transferred the video.

Try the troubleshooting methods provided below to further narrow down the root cause of the issue.

Method 1: Try a different video player.

1. Try to use a different USB to transfer the video, if you are playing it on other computer or device.
    2. I suggest you to try a different video player and check if it plays.
    3. You can also check on different device or computer.

Step: Run Windows Media player troubleshooter.

1. Press Windows + R key on your keyboard together.
    2. Copy and paste the below command and run each at a time and follow the onscreen instruction on the troubleshooter
    3. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerConfigurationDiagnostic
    4. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerLibraryDiagnostic
    5. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerDVDDiagnostic
    6. Reboot the computer and check.
    If you still face the issue, reply to this post with more information.

Hope it helps,

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, May 13, 2020
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Video preview in windows missing/not playing. Has anyone experience this? How to fix it?

Unable to play video from external hard drive Error 0x80004005

HI Josep,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• Are you able to watch videos which are stored in computer and online?
    • Are you able to view photos and documents etc. from hard drive?

I suggest you to install all pending Windows updates and check. Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Follow the steps and check if that helps.

• Type Troubleshooting on Search and hit
      Enter.
    • Click on View all and click on Video playback.
    • Click on Advance and check Apply repairs automatically.
    • Follow on-screen instructions.
    By running this troubleshooter it will find and fix issue with playing movies, television and video. Do let us know if you are able to play videos from external hard drive. Thank you.

Pavan_N, May 13, 2020
Thema:

Video preview in windows missing/not playing. Has anyone experience this? How to fix it?

1. Video preview in windows missing/not playing. Has anyone experience this? How to fix it? - Similar Threads - Video preview missing

2. OneDrive videos not playing [Fix]

in Windows 10 News
    OneDrive videos not playing [Fix]: [IMG]OneDrive allows you to store your videos so that you can play your videos without saving them on your hard drive. Some users reported that OneDrive videos are not playing. It is possible that the unstable or weak internet connection or using the wrong video format is...
  3. Has anyone fixed windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Has anyone fixed windows 11: I recienly upgraded my PC from a z590 to a z790 and I happily installed Windows 11 Pro. After reinstalling it for the 7th time I realized, my gawd what a horrid program! I hate Windows 11 so much, I am going to burn the install disk, total waste of time and money. I am going...
  4. Has anyone fixed windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Has anyone fixed windows 11: I recienly upgraded my PC from a z590 to a z790 and I happily installed Windows 11 Pro. After reinstalling it for the 7th time I realized, my gawd what a horrid program! I hate Windows 11 so much, I am going to burn the install disk, total waste of time and money. I am going...
  5. Video Not Playing in Taskbar Thumbnail Preview

in Windows 10 Customization
    Video Not Playing in Taskbar Thumbnail Preview: Hello, I am having trouble of figuring out why every video I play on a separate window, the thumbnail preview on the taskbar shows a blank/frozen up loading screen? I restarted the computer a few times, nothing worked....
  6. Anyone has a clue of how to fix this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyone has a clue of how to fix this?: [ATTACH] It started doing this a couple of days ago. It happens every once in a while. https://i.redd.it/h33o271reqw51.gif submitted by /u/joshua1716 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jmeohd/anyone_has_a_clue_of_how_to_fix_this/
  7. HOW TO FIX CANNOT PLAY THIS VIDEO OR MEDIA

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HOW TO FIX CANNOT PLAY THIS VIDEO OR MEDIA: FIX MEDIA OR VIDEO CANNOT BE PLAYED https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-cannot-play-this-video-or-media/f4e193a3-bff8-406b-9509-6b0da14d46d6
  8. Thumbnail preview missing - anyone has a solution?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Thumbnail preview missing - anyone has a solution?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Nicolai9852 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hhethv/thumbnail_preview_missing_anyone_has_a_solution/
  9. Has Anyone Got Experience of Using Flowcode?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Has Anyone Got Experience of Using Flowcode?: Greetings Earthlings. Newbie to this forum, go easy on me. I'm thinking about purchasing a site license for a program called FLOWCODE? It's a programming app that allows the use of (for example) flow charts. I'm currently using SUBLIME TEXT however I'm investigating...
  10. Has Anyone Been on the Technical Preview Forums?

in Windows 10 Support
    Has Anyone Been on the Technical Preview Forums?: It's a little different than this one. This may sound stupid, but how do we post new threads or suggestions? 2032