Windows 10: Video Preview Start Failed

Discus and support Video Preview Start Failed in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How do I fix error code OxA00F4291 Video Preview Start Failed 0x800706BE? Thanks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Willieb40, Jul 8, 2020.

1. Willieb40 Win User

Video Preview Start Failed

How do I fix error code OxA00F4291 Video Preview Start Failed 0x800706BE?

Thanks

:)

Willieb40, Jul 8, 2020
  2. Eclassbud Win User

Video in the preview pane

Aileen,

Thank you so much for your reply.

What I really need to know is how get the video to play in the preview pane. Prior to Windows 10, this worked wonderfully and was an asset. Now, it requires making changes to the Windows registry - not recommended due to the enormous amount of issues with
    Windows 10.

Any other suggestions?

Eclassbud, Jul 8, 2020
  3. Video in the preview pane

Hi,

To enable the Preview pane, open File Explorer and follow these steps:

• In the File Explorer window, click the View
      tab.

• In the Panes section, click the Preview Pane button. The Preview pane is added to the right side of the File Explorer window.

• Select several files one by one to preview their contents. You can preview their contents if they are text, images, or videos.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Aileen Alf, Jul 8, 2020
  4. Dyan Rey Win User

Video preview thumbnails

Hello,

System file corruption is one of the possible reasons why thumbnail preview has recently disappeared. To better assist you, please answer the following:

• For clarification, are referring to video preview thumbnails when using File Explorer?
    • We would like to verify if you are referring to the Fall Creators Update. To see your
      Windows build and version, please follow the steps in this
      article

In the meantime, we suggest creating a Test User Profile. This is to see if the same issue occurs on a different user profile.

To create a Test User Profile, follow these steps:

• On Search, type Settings then hit the
      Enter
      key.
    • On Settings window, select Accounts.
    • Select Family & other people.
    • Select Add someone else to this PC.
    • Name the User Profile as TEST.
    • Assign a password for TEST user, then select Next.
    • Sign in TEST user.

We'll be waiting on the results.

Dyan Rey, Jul 8, 2020
Thema:

1. Video Preview Start Failed - Similar Threads - Video Preview Start

2. Preview thumbnails for Video Files are a random part of the videos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Preview thumbnails for Video Files are a random part of the videos: Been having this issue since last week where I transfer my video files to a new computer. They all should have a thumbnail I embedded into them, but it is just getting ignored, and instead shows a random slide of the video as its cover....
  3. Video Not Playing in Taskbar Thumbnail Preview

in Windows 10 Customization
    Video Not Playing in Taskbar Thumbnail Preview: Hello, I am having trouble of figuring out why every video I play on a separate window, the thumbnail preview on the taskbar shows a blank/frozen up loading screen? I restarted the computer a few times, nothing worked....
  4. Videos Fail to Start

Videos Fail to Start: Hello! I have a Lenovo laptop that is only a couple months old. Everything has been working great with it up until now. I went to play a YouTube video tonight, and the video played about 2-3 seconds without sound before pausing and there was a circle loading over the video....
  5. video media preview not working on preview pane or on icons.

video media preview not working on preview pane or on icons.: video icons only showing default media player, no preview. preview pane shows same default media player icon. how do I fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-media-preview-not-working-on-preview-pane-or/00bcdf2b-27f7-4e7e-95df-79a91c65c41e
  6. videos failing to play...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    videos failing to play...: hello, i have a problem with recently bought laptop. when i bought, the graphics driverAMD RADEON R4 were not activated so i went into device manager and activated. But since then, am unable to enjoy watching saved movies because it cuts or pauses for a second just like that...
  7. My videos are not showing the thumnail preview

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My videos are not showing the thumnail preview: [ATTACH] How can i solve the problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-videos-are-not-showing-the-thumnail-preview/b86daeb6-3773-4e95-80e9-03d30c6444c4
  8. YouTube video preview in Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    YouTube video preview in Firefox: Hi, is there a Firefox plugin, or a configuration change, to preview YouTube videos while using Bing Search Engine (and hopefully Google Search Engine as well) just like in Internet Explorer? [img] 105287
  9. Music and Video Preview apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Music and Video Preview apps: The links on MS pages don't seem to take you to the correct place. You get what looks like a good link, but pressing the [install] button just starts spinning the wait icon. I had to go to the Store (beta) and search for Preview, then press view all > in the apps list...
  10. windows 10 video preview

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 video preview: noticed while using win 10 on new PC (pre installed) the preview pane shows controls to play some video's but not others i have files such as .flv .mp4 .mpg .avi they used to all work in win 8.1 older machine but not on win 10. and the thumbnails don't always...