Windows 10: Video recording

Discus and support Video recording in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I cannot record a video with my camera app for windows 10. The camera takes pics but when I click the record button it doesnt record.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DenyaB, May 7, 2020.

1. DenyaB Win User

Video recording

I cannot record a video with my camera app for windows 10. The camera takes pics but when I click the record button it doesnt record.

:)

DenyaB, May 7, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Can’t hear audio while recording games or videos

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We will need some more information to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps. Please reply with the following details:

• How are you recording the games or videos?
    • When you say, “I can't hear anything” you are unable to get the in-game audio or your voice?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

If you are using Game bar to record the games or videos, I suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + I to open
      Settings.
    2. Click on Gaming.
    3. Click on Capture on the left pane.
    4. Clear the check box for Record gaming audio only.
    5. Follow the same steps for Broadcasting.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 7, 2020
  3. Ryan Fra Win User
    Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, May 7, 2020
  4. zinou Win User

Video recording

100% disk usage when watching 4k videos.

I suggest you to take a trace with WPR (it's a built in tool in Windows 10). And we can see exactly what's causing your video's glitches. Here is the steps;

• Open a command line as an Administrator;
    • Type this command "wpr -start generalprofile -start CPU -start gpu -start video"; this will start trace recording.
    • While recording the trace, try to work on your system (launch a video) for 1 or 2 minutes max.
    • Then type this command to stop trace recording "wpr -stop C:\Temp\MyTrace.etl". Make sure the folder where you record the trace exist.
    • Compress the resulting file ( VeryImportant)
    • Share it through TransferNow or any other file sharing platform.

I'll analyze your trace file and give you a feedback.

See you

zinou, May 7, 2020
Thema:

Video recording

1. Video recording - Similar Threads - Video recording

2. recorded video on stream 40 min and it said "processing" then was nowhere to be found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    recorded video on stream 40 min and it said "processing" then was nowhere to be found: I have tried 2 wifi sources over the last 90 minutes and it is not uploading. It was a very important recording. does it appear later? any advice would be appreciated...
  3. recorded video on stream 40 min and it said "processing" then was nowhere to be found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    recorded video on stream 40 min and it said "processing" then was nowhere to be found: I have tried 2 wifi sources over the last 90 minutes and it is not uploading. It was a very important recording. does it appear later? any advice would be appreciated...
  4. After recording, my display seems glitched on video

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After recording, my display seems glitched on video: Hello,After I recorded a video, keeps doing this thing. Anyone know how to fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-recording-my-display-seems-glitched-on-video/068bcfaf-36ea-41dd-b313-093e95f7e1cb
  5. After recording, my display seems glitched on video

After recording, my display seems glitched on video: Hello,After I recorded a video, keeps doing this thing. Anyone know how to fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-recording-my-display-seems-glitched-on-video/068bcfaf-36ea-41dd-b313-093e95f7e1cb
  6. I'm getting blurred screen in video recordings with nvidia ingame overlay after win 11 24H2...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm getting blurred screen in video recordings with nvidia ingame overlay after win 11 24H2...: I'm getting blurred screen in video recordings with nvidia ingame overlay after win 11 24H2 update ! the audio is fine but video of gameplay is completely blurred I tried reinstalling geforce experience and updating drivers but nothing works ! i know it has something to do...
  7. I'm getting blurred screen in video recordings with nvidia ingame overlay after win 11 24H2...

I'm getting blurred screen in video recordings with nvidia ingame overlay after win 11 24H2...: I'm getting blurred screen in video recordings with nvidia ingame overlay after win 11 24H2 update ! the audio is fine but video of gameplay is completely blurred I tried reinstalling geforce experience and updating drivers but nothing works ! i know it has something to do...
  8. while screen recording a 40 min long video initially audio came for 10 to 12 mins but after...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    while screen recording a 40 min long video initially audio came for 10 to 12 mins but after...: while screen recording a 40 min long video initially audio came for 10 to 12 mins but after that there was no audio how to recover that audio? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/while-screen-recording-a-40-min-long-video/b57c35ed-a901-444d-ac34-599841fbe304
  9. while screen recording a 40 min long video initially audio came for 10 to 12 mins but after...

while screen recording a 40 min long video initially audio came for 10 to 12 mins but after...: while screen recording a 40 min long video initially audio came for 10 to 12 mins but after that there was no audio how to recover that audio? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/while-screen-recording-a-40-min-long-video/b57c35ed-a901-444d-ac34-599841fbe304
  10. Why does my snipping tool recorded video have no sound? Can I still recover the said...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my snipping tool recorded video have no sound? Can I still recover the said...: Good day! I recently recorded a lecture class using the snipping tool for videos. I used the same screen recording method on a recent class and it worked well. However, this time, no audio was recorded throughout the whole video. What could be the reason for this in order for...