Windows 10: Video Resolution glitches in my Win 10 upgrade, of WIn7

Discus and support Video Resolution glitches in my Win 10 upgrade, of WIn7 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; 1. I use a KVM switch. While the upgrade was in its initial stages, I switched to another system to do some work. When I switched back to check on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by epiphanias, Aug 21, 2015.

1. Video Resolution glitches in my Win 10 upgrade, of WIn7

1. I use a KVM switch. While the upgrade was in its initial stages, I switched to another system to do some work. When I switched back to check on the Win 10 upgrade, the monitor was showing a message that the video signal was out of range, and I was not able to resolve without rebooting. Fortunately the recovery was smart, restoring the original op sys (Win7), then repeating the download of the upgrade (wise, given that the cause of the upgrade failure was unknown).
    2. After restarting and completing the upgrade (and not using the KVM switch), Win 10 rebooted with a 1024x768 resolution, rather than the 1920x1080 resolution that WIn7 had been set to. Further, I was unable the reset the resolution using the Resolution drop down under Advanced Display Settings - after selecting the desired resolution and hitting Apply, Win 10 would say the new settings were unable to be saved. I finally resolved the issue by setting the desired resolution directly under "Display adapter properties", one of the "Related settings" at the bottom of the "Advanced DIsplay Settings" panel.
    3. Of course, all this resolution turmoil scrambled the icons on my desktop. Fortunately, I use an application which saves icon positions to get a snapshot of icon locations before starting the upgrade, and the application works fine under Win 10, so I was able to restore everything to the desired arrangement. (For anyone interested, I'll provide the name/web site on request to L: @earthlink.net.)
    Relevant Hardware:
    -Adapter=Intel HD Graphics 3000.
    -Monitor (undetected) = HP W2371d.
    -KVM switch = Linksys 4-port LKV-S04ASK.

:)

epiphanias, Aug 21, 2015

2. Win 10 causes problem with ext speakers

After downloading the upgrade from Win7 to Win 10 on my Dell PC I no longer had sound from my (external) Boston Speakers. Everything I checked said they were working. After a few days, I reverted to Win7 and the speakers are fine.

Is there a glitch in Win 10 that can be fixed or is there a workaround for me so my speakers will work?

andreaYager, Aug 21, 2015
  3. resolution problem

So when I installed Win 10 (in May), my resolution was fine. One day (3 weeks ago) I was playing a game and then my computer froze, the screen glitches, and nothing else happened. Now my screen glitches sometimes and my resolution is very low, even though
    it is set to "max" Please help!

thewhiteboy503, Aug 21, 2015
  4. sn00ker Win User

Video Resolution glitches in my Win 10 upgrade, of WIn7

If your talking about a desktop restore icons I like to use Jamie O'Connell software from Midi - OX . It doesn't mention for W10 but I'm using it on 10 with out any problems

MIDIOX

sn00ker, Aug 22, 2015
Thema:

Video Resolution glitches in my Win 10 upgrade, of WIn7

1. Video Resolution glitches in my Win 10 upgrade, of WIn7 - Similar Threads - Video Resolution glitches

2. Upgrade z win7 na win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade z win7 na win 10: Dobrý den, dnes jsem potřeboval upgrade z win 7 home premium na win 10. Jenže po spuštění média mi naskočila chyba a já nevím co s tím. Kód chyby: 0x80072F8F - 0x20000". Licenci mám již zakoupenou. Děkuji, Tomáš Sus...
  3. Upgrade z win7 na win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade z win7 na win 10: Dobrý den, dnes jsem potřeboval upgrade z win 7 home premium na win 10. Jenže po spuštění média mi naskočila chyba a já nevím co s tím. Kód chyby: 0x80072F8F - 0x20000". Licenci mám již zakoupenou. Děkuji, Tomáš Sus...
  4. HAVE UPGRADED WIN7 TO WIN 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HAVE UPGRADED WIN7 TO WIN 10.: MY BIOS IS 5.15 WITH NO TPM AVAILABILITY. TO GO UP TO WIN 11 I NEED TO UPGRADE THE BIOS, HOW DO I DO THAT WHEN HP SAY THERE IS NO UPDATE AVAILABLE ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/have-upgraded-win7-to-win-10/10459ef3-077a-42cf-8a7f-e674fc436341
  5. HAVE UPGRADED WIN7 TO WIN 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HAVE UPGRADED WIN7 TO WIN 10.: MY BIOS IS 5.15 WITH NO TPM AVAILABILITY. TO GO UP TO WIN 11 I NEED TO UPGRADE THE BIOS, HOW DO I DO THAT WHEN HP SAY THERE IS NO UPDATE AVAILABLE ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/have-upgraded-win7-to-win-10/10459ef3-077a-42cf-8a7f-e674fc436341
  6. HAVE UPGRADED WIN7 TO WIN 10.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Win7 to Win 10 Upgrade

Win7 to Win 10 Upgrade: I have had my desktop upgraded from Win7 Ultimate to Win 10 Pro. I cannot connect to the internet now. I use Satellite NBN. Also use a wireless router for the laptop. Laptop connects fine also running W10 I have direct connected to BB modem with ethernet cable shows...
  8. Upgrading from Win7 to Win 10 on a samsung.

Upgrading from Win7 to Win 10 on a samsung.: Install completes to 100% and fails at last hurdle with error C1900101-20017. Lots of ideas on internet to resolve which I've done but still does not upgrade. Following updates fail KB3075226 and KB2952664. s there a magic solution I can use?...
  9. Upgrade from Win7 to Win 10 failure

Upgrade from Win7 to Win 10 failure: When using a genuine Microsoft supplied flash drive to upgrade from a registered version of Win 7 Pro All updates checked and installed, starts "checking system" process then generates error message: "Setup has failed to validate the product key" Can not do clean install...
  10. win 10 to win7

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    win 10 to win7: I downloaded win10, didn't care for it and went back to 7. Now my wifi doesn't work, laptop shows that it's connected; but it wont connect to any web page. 13264