Windows 10: Video "scrub bar" flashing when watching full screen videos on surface book 1

Discus and support Video "scrub bar" flashing when watching full screen videos on surface book 1 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I am writing about an issue I've had on my surface book 1 for as long as I can remember ~3 yrs. Whenever I watch a full screen video on any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Willardwhyte, Mar 28, 2020.

1. Video "scrub bar" flashing when watching full screen videos on surface book 1

Hello,

I am writing about an issue I've had on my surface book 1 for as long as I can remember ~3 yrs. Whenever I watch a full screen video on any player, bar VLC, the scrub bar and the mouse pointer which are usually meant to vanish will reappear ever 45s-1.5 mins and then vanish again after a couple seconds, as though I were tapping the touchpad.

This is really annoying. I suspect there must be some sort of a ghost input problem or simething, but this is the only occasion where it materializes.

Often when I leave my laptop idle for a long period of time, instead of going into sleep mode which it is programmed to do, it will stay active with the screen still lit indefinitely which is why I suspect a ghost input keeping it from sleeping

:)

Willardwhyte, Mar 28, 2020
  2. huffman Win User

HDMI how to watch video

I have been in the hospital for two months (really old also). My windows 10 PC is dedicated primarily to watching videos. It is already setup to watch videos using an HDMI cable (already attached), but I have forgotten how get the video to play from the computer to my big screen tv.

I know it has to be simple, but I just cannot remember how. I could use a step by step how to.

Thanks

huffman, Mar 28, 2020
  3. ChiragJ Win User
    Audio/Video scrubbing

Will audio/video scrubbing be added in the Mango update! currently we can only fast forward/rewind but cannot slide the seekbar in zune for music and videos.

ChiragJ, Mar 28, 2020
  4. Video "scrub bar" flashing when watching full screen videos on surface book 1

widows 10 down loaded now can't watch videos

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community Forums. Your interest on Windows 10 is appreciated.

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing. We are glad to help you.

Please share this with us:

• Is the issue occurring with a particular video or with all the videos?

• Do you face this issue while watching the online videos or saved videos?

• What exactly happens when you try to watch videos?

I would suggest you to try the methods given below and check if it works:

Method 1: Run the
    Video playback troubleshooter on Windows 10. Follow the below steps to perform Video playback
    troubleshooter.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Control Panel
    • Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the
      Control Panel.
    • Click on View all on the left navigation pane.
    • Click on Video playback.
    • Click on Advanced on the
      Video playback
      dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).
    • Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the
      Video playback troubleshooter.

Method 2: Install Adobe flash player.

For videos that require Adobe flash add-ons, issues can be resolved by updating the add-ons to the latest version. The following troubleshooting steps may help to resolve the issue:

• Update to the latest version of Adobe Flash
    Download a free trial or buy Adobe products | Adobe Free Trials and Downloads

2. In some cases it may be necessary to uninstall Adobe Flash from your installed programs list and then reinstall the latest version.

Method 3: I would suggest you may try updating the latest graphic card drivers and check if that fixes the issue. Visit the manufacturer’s website and install the drivers.

• Drag the mouse to bottom left corner and right-click on the ‘Start icon’.
    • Select ‘Device manager’.
    • Right-click on the ‘Video card’ and click on ‘Update driver software’.
    Reference:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/videos-dont-work#ie=ie-11

Hope this information helps. Please get back to us with the required information to assist you further. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Jenith_James, Mar 28, 2020
Thema:

Video "scrub bar" flashing when watching full screen videos on surface book 1

1. Video "scrub bar" flashing when watching full screen videos on surface book 1 - Similar Threads - Video scrub bar

2. Problems trying to watch videos on full screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems trying to watch videos on full screen.: After the last update on my laptop I'm using Windows 11 I tried to watch some videos on full screen, however the white lower banner never disappears, making it impossible to enjoy watching Youtube, Netflix, Twitch on full screen.I attached an image of the problem when trying...
  3. Problems trying to watch videos on full screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems trying to watch videos on full screen.: After the last update on my laptop I'm using Windows 11 I tried to watch some videos on full screen, however the white lower banner never disappears, making it impossible to enjoy watching Youtube, Netflix, Twitch on full screen.I attached an image of the problem when trying...
  4. Mouse Problems when watching Video in Full Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Problems when watching Video in Full Screen: When watching a video in full screen mode, slight mouse movements keep causing operating overlays to show up. I tried significantly slowing down the mouse speed, but that didn't help.The problem shows up in Firefox, Chrome, Youtube, and Disney +....
  5. Mouse Problems when watching Video in Full Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse Problems when watching Video in Full Screen: When watching a video in full screen mode, slight mouse movements keep causing operating overlays to show up. I tried significantly slowing down the mouse speed, but that didn't help.The problem shows up in Firefox, Chrome, Youtube, and Disney +....
  6. My screen flashing when I'm watching youtube videos in full screen and playing games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My screen flashing when I'm watching youtube videos in full screen and playing games.: The screen does not keep flashing, only sometimes, I can never predict when it will happen. This has happened to me a few times while watching youtube full screen and playing different games. The hardware checked the service during the complaint and according to them,...
  7. Green screen when watching a video

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Green screen when watching a video: Hello, it must have been 2 months since I have empty green screens that appear randomly when I watch videos, whether on youtube, twich or netflix. However, I do not know that it comes from windows or the graphics card. There are several errors that appear at the time of the...
  8. blank screen after watching videos in full screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    blank screen after watching videos in full screen: Hi, After I stream a video in fullscreen mode, when I try to close out of it the screen goes blank- it just turns white. The only way I can get out of it is to use ctrl alt delte and bring up the task manager, however I then run into the issue where I attempt to close the...
  9. Monitor Going Dark when watching a video in full screen.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor Going Dark when watching a video in full screen.: When I watch Netflix or Youtube full screen in my browser the monitor goes black. I can still hear the audio, but no picture. I have to reboot the computer and it works fine again. This only happens during full-screen video and sometimes during a game. I looked online and...
  10. Windows crashes randomly when watching YouTube videos at full screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows crashes randomly when watching YouTube videos at full screen: I don't know why, but ever since this afternoon, Windows decides to crash complete whenever I'm a few minutes or so in watching a YouTube video. It doesn't do it playing intensive games like Grand Theft Auto 5 yet it decides to do it watching a YouTube video. How Windows...