Windows 10: Video shuts off - PC keeps running

Discus and support Video shuts off - PC keeps running in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Randomly the screens will say No signal and the only way the get them back is to reboot. This is on an upgrade and a new install on a new hard drive.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ArthurStephens, May 18, 2020.

1. Video shuts off - PC keeps running

Randomly the screens will say No signal and the only way the get them back is to reboot. This is on an upgrade and a new install on a new hard drive. All drivers and Windows up to date. Spent hours with NVidia support - nothing wrong found.

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363
    Other OS Description Not Available
    OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
    System Name DESKTOP-BL84K3J
    System Manufacturer System manufacturer
    System Model System Product Name
    System Type x64-based PC
    Processor IntelR CoreTM2 Quad CPU Q9400 @ 2.66GHz, 2667 Mhz, 4 Cores, 4 Logical Processors
    BIOS Version/Date Phoenix Technologies, LTD ASUS P5N-D ACPI BIOS Revision 1204, 1/7/2010
    SMBIOS Version 2.4
    Embedded Controller Version 255.255
    BIOS Mode Legacy
    BaseBoard Manufacturer ASUSTeK Computer INC.
    BaseBoard Product P5N-D
    BaseBoard Version 1.XX
    Platform Role Desktop
    Installed Physical Memory RAM 8.00 GB
    Total Physical Memory 8.00 GB
    Available Physical Memory 2.86 GB
    Total Virtual Memory 10.3 GB
    Available Virtual Memory 2.32 GB
    Page File Space 2.26 GB
    NVIDIA System Information report created on: 05/18/2020 12:51:32
    System name: DESKTOP-BL84K3J

[Display]
    Operating System: Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit
    DirectX version: 12.0
    GPU processor: GeForce GTX 950
    Driver version: 445.87
    Driver Type: DCH
    Direct3D API version: 12
    Direct3D feature level: 12_1
    CUDA Cores: 768
    Core clock: 1063 MHz
    Memory data rate: 6.61 Gbps
    Memory interface: 128-bit
    Memory bandwidth: 105.76 GB/s
    Total available graphics memory: 6143 MB
    Dedicated video memory: 2048 MB GDDR5
    System video memory: 0 MB
    Shared system memory: 4095 MB
    Video BIOS version: 84.06.5E.00.10
    IRQ: Not used
    Bus: PCI Express x16
    Device Id: 10DE 1402 13A1196E
    Part Number: G301 0006

:)

ArthurStephens, May 18, 2020

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, May 18, 2020
  3. My pc takes for ever to shut down when i restart

Suggest cleaning up your startup list .There may be many services / Apps you can remove on startup which is not needed on boot or during shutdown.
    Before you shutdown the Pc check what is running in Task Manager as a program or service in not killing the process on shutdown

Would suggest cleaning up running apps and services -Autoruns, StartupMonitor,HighjackThis,
    Malware Scan - Malwarebytes,ADWcleaner, Combofix

SnakeDoctor, May 18, 2020
  4. Video shuts off - PC keeps running

Video playback

Hi,

To fix the issue, we suggest that you run the Troubleshooting Wizard to troubleshoot hardware and devices. To do that, follow these steps:

• Right-click on the Start icon and select Control Panel.
    • Type troubleshooting in the search bar and click on
      Troubleshooting
    • Click on Hardware and Sound > Hardware and Devices.

• Follow the steps from the wizard to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue persists, uninstall the video drivers, then follow these steps:

• Right-click on the name of your PC at the top of the list of devices in
      Device Manager
    • Select Scan for hardware changes to reinstall the device driver, or
      download and install the latest version from the manufacturer’s website.

Let us know how it goes.

Aileen Alf, May 18, 2020
Thema:

Video shuts off - PC keeps running

1. Video shuts off - PC keeps running - Similar Threads - Video shuts off

2. Pc Keeps Shutting Off!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc Keeps Shutting Off!: I've had this problem for the better part of half a year and it's driving me nuts. I first encountered this problem out of the blue when just using my pc normally and then it wouldn't stop showing the Shutting Down... Screen and then shutting down. I updated to windows 11...
  3. Pc Keeps Shutting Off!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc Keeps Shutting Off!: I've had this problem for the better part of half a year and it's driving me nuts. I first encountered this problem out of the blue when just using my pc normally and then it wouldn't stop showing the Shutting Down... Screen and then shutting down. I updated to windows 11...
  4. PC keeps shutting off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC keeps shutting off: A few days back my pc had constant issues. At one point i couldn't even get in Windows anymore. I went to a pc store and they re-installed windows 11 and i updates all drivers, seemed to work for a little while. Fast forward 2 days later and the errors are back. They are not...
  5. PC keeps shutting off

PC keeps shutting off: A few days back my pc had constant issues. At one point i couldn't even get in Windows anymore. I went to a pc store and they re-installed windows 11 and i updates all drivers, seemed to work for a little while. Fast forward 2 days later and the errors are back. They are not...
  6. PC keeps randomly shutting off and reboots.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC keeps randomly shutting off and reboots.: Hey Everyone. Hope everyone is having a good new year thus far. Ive been having some issues with my pc for the past couple months but having been putting off for a while but I have some time today. I'd like to say it began after I moved to my new place. But Ill start up the...
  7. PC keeps randomly shutting off and reboots.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC keeps randomly shutting off and reboots.: Hey Everyone. Hope everyone is having a good new year thus far. Ive been having some issues with my pc for the past couple months but having been putting off for a while but I have some time today. I'd like to say it began after I moved to my new place. But Ill start up the...
  8. PC keeps randomly shutting off and reboots.

9. My PC will keep shutting off randomly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My PC will keep shutting off randomly: I built my PC during the summer and it just keeps hsutting down randomly. I tried going to event viewer but as soon as I click on it to open, it just restarts. Even when I try to reset it, it restarts again. I have tried doing a clean install with a usb drive. Anyone faced...
  10. PC keeps randomly shutting off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC keeps randomly shutting off: I recently built my brother a new computer and everything is working fine except for one major problem: The PC randomly freezes and reboots, and when booted from sleep/hibernate state is completely frozen Specs: CPU - 2700x GPU - RX 5700 MOBO - ASUSTek B450-M RAM - 32GB...