Windows 10: Video software freezing/crashing

Discus and support Video software freezing/crashing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Recently I opened my video editing software to edit a video, but about 20 seconds after opening the program, it freezes and I cannot interact with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BigMac123, Sep 6, 2019.

1. BigMac123 Win User

Video software freezing/crashing

Recently I opened my video editing software to edit a video, but about 20 seconds after opening the program, it freezes and I cannot interact with the windows at all. I eventually have to task kill it so it will go away. It gave me an error to update my graphics card or else the program will be unstable, but yet my GPU is up to date. Shortly after this I tried to open some mp4 files that I have, but VLC media player would also freeze about 30 seconds in. And finally OBS would do the exact same thing. I have tried re-downloading all the software that I have listed, no luck. I have also tried downloading GPU drivers from the internet, no luck. I have an NVIDIA GPU, so I tried downloading the studio drivers, no luck, then I switched back to gaming drivers. And finally I have tried what this page has suggested: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-crashes/efb442a9-42f5-42fb-b867-84de795c28f5 . Still no luck. I would really appreciate it if someone could help me out, this has been going on for about a week now and I can't edit anything. A sort of side note, I use shadowplay to record and it still works for some reason.

My PC specs:

GPU: RTX 2080

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700x

RAM: 16 gb

Motherboard: ASUS prime x470-pro

I have windows 10 installed and up to date and I have only had my PC for about 8 months.

Edit: My PC also bluescreened multiple times prior to this happening, and it gave me the KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED error.

Thanks all

:)

BigMac123, Sep 6, 2019
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Sep 6, 2019
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Sep 6, 2019
  4. Video software freezing/crashing

All video editing software crashes.

Recently upgraded to windows 10, couldnt render videos my pc just kept freezing. Being frustrated i went back to windows 7 assuming everything would be safe. Videos rendered perfectly fine.. however my discord would not install, so I came back to windows
    10 thinking that maybe it was just a bad install of windows 10 that caused the video rendering issues, but they still exist. every time i try to import a video to any video editing software, (ive tried a lot) it freezes and either the editing software freezes
    and crashes or it actually imports but when i go to render it windows freezes and i get a blue screen forcing me to reboot. any help would be nice.

HypNotiQ IV, Sep 6, 2019
Thema:

Video software freezing/crashing

1. Video software freezing/crashing - Similar Threads - Video software freezing

2. Every Video Editor freezes/crashes when exporting the video

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every Video Editor freezes/crashes when exporting the video: This is actually a question that has already been asked but the replies werent helpful so I am gonna ask it again because I have this problem. I wanna start making videos for fun and upload them as mp4 on youtube but everytime I export the video from any video editor I have...
  3. Every Video Editor freezes/crashes when exporting the video

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Every Video Editor freezes/crashes when exporting the video: This is actually a question that has already been asked but the replies werent helpful so I am gonna ask it again because I have this problem. I wanna start making videos for fun and upload them as mp4 on youtube but everytime I export the video from any video editor I have...
  4. Every Video Editor freezes/crashes when exporting the video

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Every Video Editor freezes/crashes when exporting the video

Every Video Editor freezes/crashes when exporting the video: I am a user of windows 10 and a youtuber, who needs to edit his videos for better contentI have a 4GB of RAM equipped with 1TB of HDD AMD A6 - 9220 Dusal Core APU with Radeon R4 graphic Radeon software latest drivers instaledI used to make better content on video editors like...
  6. Videos freezing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Videos freezing: Hi guys, I've downloaded some TV shows to watch on my PC, they freeze like every now and then continue playing. I've had no issues on streaming sites but only with offline shows which is strange as they don't require WiFi. I'd appreciate it if anyone could help me, thank...
  7. Freezing and crashing my video editing software!

Freezing and crashing my video editing software!: Anytime a run my video editing software 2 different programs my computer either freezes or crashes for no apparent reason. It's happened before periodically but now I can't use either of them at all. My specs are higher than the recommended specs. I have plenty of disk space....
  8. Video freezing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Video freezing: When I watch a video, sometimes it just randomly freezes for a couple frames but the audio keeps playing and then the video catches up with the audio. How do I fix this? submitted by /u/mooshy_loo [link] [comments]...
  9. videos freezing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    videos freezing: When I watch videos especially on youtube I hear the sound but the picture doesn't move. Could this be a driver problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/videos-freezing/331ca491-80f4-4631-89f8-3e052e4dfc56
  10. Video Software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video Software: I have movie maker. But I need something that can do the following. Say I have a solid image background in my video. I want to be able to put a moving png with a transparent background in front and have it move across the background like a motion comic. What would be the...