Windows 10: video+sound sync problems (and more)

Discus and support video+sound sync problems (and more) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have not had any BSODs on my system but I am experiencing a range of problems that I cannot find the cause of. Symptoms: The first time I turn on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by genericandy, May 3, 2019.

1. video+sound sync problems (and more)

I have not had any BSODs on my system but I am experiencing a range of problems that I cannot find the cause of.

Symptoms:
    The first time I turn on the computer & login, if I play any videos, the sound & video fall out of sync. This is consistent. What is strange is clicking Restart & restarting the computer without a power down, resolves the issue. This is also consistent. If my monitors go to sleep, this problem also sometimes happens after I wake them up.

I cannot let my system go to sleep. Doing so causes it not to be able to wake up causing me to have to do a hard reboot from the power button.

Occasionally I have seen videos freeze and catch up. It is only for a very brief moment, but it is noticeable. Recently this has expanded to a video's picture freezing, then about 5 seconds later the sound dropping out. If it is a video in a browser, a refresh of the browser returns everything to normal. Also of this nature, sometimes I have had the entire system come to a frozen halt when playing a video - when this happens I have to do a hard reboot from the power button.

My webcam cannot pick up audio from the mic anymore. I tested the webcam on a separate system & it worked fine. I tested a second webcam on my system & found the same problem.

Sometimes while typing, the system sort of lags up where the text will suddenly be entered on the screen very slowly vs the speed I am typing then dragging out one letter like "theeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" when it catches back up.

Booting up my system recently has also had the occasional long drawn out bootup with something getting caught during the boot up & pretty much dragging the system to a crawl.

Sometimes when shutting down, I do see a Windows error. I am not sure if it is always the same error. It is up very briefly. I managed to snap a photo of it once. This is what it said.

The instruction at 0x00007FFD8DFD67F8 referenced memory at 0x00007FFD26343E68. The memory could not be read.

Things I have tried:
    As mentioned above, I initially thought the problem with the audio input on the mic was from the webcam itself. However my tests showed otherwise. I put the webcam on a separate system & it worked fine. I put a separate webcam on this system & it failed to pick up audio. I double & triple checked the audio input was assigned to it properly with both cameras. It used to work on my webcam, then just suddenly stopped.

Because so many of the issues I was seeing were related to video issues, I tried swapping the video card out for a separate card. All of the above problems occurred with the other card too.

I have updated all of my drivers & the motherboard bios. None of these have resolved the problems. My current suspicion is the issue is my motherboard itself, but I am not sure how I would even check that without dismantling my computer. I am hoping someone here can help me suss out the problem before I have to go to such an extreme action.

My Beta Log report is attached to the post. I can provide any other relevant information that could be needed that it does not provide.

Thank you in advanced whomever can help me here.STRONGBAD-(2019-05-01_23-37-41).zip

:)

genericandy, May 3, 2019
  2. Adol007 Win User

Crossfire sync problem

Hello

thank you for all the responses.

I enable vsync in the advanced tab of ccc but it doesn't help.

It's happening now in mass effect 2 which is unreal but it also happens in civilization 4 and pirates(an old game).

I don't think it's my display or a cable because when I don't enable crossfire I never have the problem.

My next step is to change the cards around to see if it's my linked card that's the problem.

Qubit is correct it looks like a video sync problem. Like when the traking is of on a VCR.

Keep the suggestions coming.

Adol007, May 3, 2019
  3. qubit Win User
    Crossfire sync problem

So the picture is rolling with an upward motion? This sounds like a video synchronisation problem - it's just the same as on a TV when it won't sync properly (doesn't happen much on modern TVs).

Check your video cable is ok, not damaged, kinked etc. Try to get a double verify: connect the monitor to another computer and connect this computer to another monitor and see if you can induce the fault. This is quite an important troubleshooting step. It sounds more like a hardware problem than a software one, although you can't rule that out.

qubit, May 3, 2019
  4. Marby Rey Win User

video+sound sync problems (and more)

Trouble with Sound on videos stopping?

Hi,

There are several factors that may cause this issue. To narrow down the concern, we’d like to ask a few questions.

• When did you start experiencing the issue?
    • Have you made any changes prior to this concern?
    • Are you getting an error message when the video stop playing?
    • Have you tried to clear cached and delete cookies?

For now, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps provided in this article:
    Fix sound problems.

Marby Rey, May 3, 2019
Thema:

video+sound sync problems (and more)

1. video+sound sync problems (and more) - Similar Threads - video+sound sync problems

2. Surface pro 9 Problem out of sync in bluetooth headphones in video and sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface pro 9 Problem out of sync in bluetooth headphones in video and sound: Lately in my new Surface Pro 9 I realized that in any video in browsers all browsers sound and video are out of sync. In speakers works perfect I tried many different blue tooth headphones of different manufacturers and the problem is the sameI checked for updates everything...
  3. syncing of sound to video

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    syncing of sound to video: my videos either on facebook or itunes does not sync with the sound and lips https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/syncing-of-sound-to-video/ca240be9-c548-4836-8857-f871f08d3bfe
  4. Sound Drifting Out Of Sync With Video

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound Drifting Out Of Sync With Video: Recently I've notcied the sound going out of sync on Netflix. Happens after 5 or 10 minutes, and is easily resolved by simply pausing for a second and restarting. I've tried Netflix on two browsers and the same problem arises. I've also tried watching a private video on VLC...
  5. Sound Drifting Out Of Sync With Video

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Sound Drifting Out Of Sync With Video: Recently I've notcied the sound going out of sync on Netflix. Happens after 5 or 10 minutes, and is easily resolved by simply pausing for a second and restarting. I've tried Netflix on two browsers and the same problem arises. I've also tried watching a private video on VLC...
  6. Sound Is Out of Sync With Videos

Sound Is Out of Sync With Videos: I just bought the Audioengine 5+ and Audioengine S8 speaker system about a month ago. The sound was awesome until after the Windows 10 ver. 2004 Update. I started experiencing sound going out of sync with video after the update. I updated the Realtek driver, but the sound...
  7. Sound/video sync when filming with Camera

Sound/video sync when filming with Camera: Hi all, I have a puzzling problem. I can use my inbuilt webcam for things like zoom, hangouts, whatsapp etc, no problem and relatively good quality. I tried to do what I thought was a simple task, record a video of my son playing his instrument using the Camera App. I was...
  8. Audio/Video becomes more and more out of sync during playback

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio/Video becomes more and more out of sync during playback: When playing a video, whether it is streaming online or viewing a video stored on the computer, the audio and video gradually become out of sync. During the first few minutes it isn't really noticeable, but after 5 minutes or so the audio will be a few seconds out of sync...
  9. PC sound, video and more problems.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC sound, video and more problems.: Hi! So yesterday, my pc started to act strange. It all happened when I listened to music while playing games. First the music froze and it made a buzzing sound, so I shut my game and music off. Then any program I tried to start after the initial incident either wouldn’t start...
  10. Sound and Video Problems

Sound and Video Problems: Been a day since I installed it and I can't for the life of figure out how to enable sound. I've done most of the basic checks that I could think of - Tried to troubleshoot, tried to update drivers via Device Manager, Enabled Windows Audio via Services etc.. but nothing...