Windows 10: Video streaming quality and optimization on an older system

Discus and support Video streaming quality and optimization on an older system in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Does DirectX (version etc.) effect video streaming quality? I have an older 2 core system (amd athlon x2 64-bit) that I'm using connected to my TV as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BradGravesen, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Video streaming quality and optimization on an older system

Does DirectX (version etc.) effect video streaming quality? I have an older 2 core system (amd athlon x2 64-bit) that I'm using connected to my TV as mostly a video streaming device. I have installed what I believe is the best display driver for this aged display adapter (ati radeon xpress series). Streaming was very poor until I installed K-lite codec pack, which helped significantly. I'm wondering if there are other improvements that might be found with any other software/driver inclusions or upgrades, such as DirectX, Silverlight, any particular .Net Framework, Adobe Flash Player, Java, etc. I have found Windows 10 to be great at detection of needed drivers etc. for newer systems, but have found that with older systems (those not explicitly rated for win10) inclusion of the best drivers/software is key to obtaining the best possible performance, and is not very likely attainable through windows 10 update alone.

:)

BradGravesen, Sep 9, 2019
  2. Hunaid786 Win User

Changing Streaming Video Quality C3-01

Hey Guys, I need help !

How do I change the quality of video that is streamed, like streaming youtube videos to a 480p or atleast 360p !

Using HIGH SPEED WiFi and using it upto its full extend i.e. upto 10 mbps, we can surely and easily stream even HD video, but as This Device supports only upto 480p I just want the Streamed Videos to be of much better QUALITY.

The Quality of Streaming video/audio is Aweful, not even a 240p and fully Pixelated video.

Please Help me out !

Suggest me any Apps too if out there !

Hunaid786, Sep 9, 2019
  3. Video streaming

Hi Ray,

The outdated or corrupted driver could cause this issue with your computer. We would like to know more about the issue by answering the following questions below:

• Have you tried
      updating your drivers
      ?
    • Have you tried another video streaming link?
    • How many applications running on your computer while playing video or watching live streaming?

We also suggest that you follow the steps provided on this link:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4002019/windows-10-improve-pc-performance.

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Anthony Gal, Sep 9, 2019
  4. PhilFancy Win User

Video streaming quality and optimization on an older system

OneDrive: Video Stream in Internet Explorer (Windows 7) low quality issue

We are using OneDrive as part of our Office 365 E3 subscriptions.

The users are uploading lots of files to OneDrive. When they upload mp4 video files and try to open them in the browser some of them have massive quality issues. All people having quality issues do not have the gear icon on the bottom to change quality level.

It turns out that all Windows 10 users with Internet Explorer have great quality.

All Windows 7 users with Internet Explorer have quality issues and the gear icon is missing. In alternative browsers like Chrome quality is fine.

According to this Windows 7 users seem to have lower quality in Microsoft Stream as well. Windows 10 users are fine is Stream as well.

Is there any plugin or setting to rise the quality Windows 7 users get playing videos? Flash Player (really Microsoft?) is up to date on the machines.

I know Windows 7 is old. Will be replaced step by step in 2019. But till then I need a solution for our users.

EDIT: Seems that Windows 7 is using a Flash Player for streaming, Windows 10 is using HTML5 video player. How to force Win 7 to use HTML5?

PhilFancy, Sep 9, 2019
Thema:

Video streaming quality and optimization on an older system

1. Video streaming quality and optimization on an older system - Similar Threads - Video streaming quality

2. Streaming videos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Streaming videos: For the last week or so, when I try to play a video in both the OperaGX and Chrome browser, they will freeze for up to a few minutes before playing. The videos will also freeze if I pause them for more than a minute or so, but if I only pause the video for a few seconds, I...
  3. Streaming videos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Streaming videos: For the last week or so, when I try to play a video in both the OperaGX and Chrome browser, they will freeze for up to a few minutes before playing. The videos will also freeze if I pause them for more than a minute or so, but if I only pause the video for a few seconds, I...
  4. Amazon Prime Video app not streaming beyond HD quality

Amazon Prime Video app not streaming beyond HD quality: Hi Everyone,I'm using Amazon Prime Video for Windows app in my laptop. I used to stream movies in that app at HD 1080p quality.. But I don't know why in the recent days, I'm just getting only HD quality which is considered 720p. I tried playing in Edge, Chrome, Opera but...
  5. video quality

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    video quality: I run Windows 10. Occasionally, I download videos from various sites. Lately, I've noticed during playback that the video quality of the downloaded videos has decreased. This only occurs with downloaded videos. Otherwise, video quality is fine. Is a driver involved...
  6. Streaming video

Streaming video: Due to self isolation I am unable to see my Son, we used to meet up twice a week to watch videos together ( currently Viking’s and Walking Dead ) Can anyone suggest a program ( or method ) whereby I can play the video and my Son can watch it at the same time at his home,...
  7. Streaming Videos

in Windows 10 Customization
    Streaming Videos: I cannot play videos that are included in an email OR videos in my FB feed disappear as soon as I scroll down to them and are "blurred" out I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop and Windows 10 installed; ANY help and/or information is greatly appreciated Thank you...
  8. All streamed videos are low quality

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    All streamed videos are low quality: Hi There, No matter what service I use, BBC iPlayer, Sky Go and most online streaming services, the quality of the video seems very poor and pixelated. I have fast internet (200mbps). I have ensured all drivers are up to date. I have disabled windows defender and...
  9. streaming video

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    streaming video: Hi. I am running windows 10 and want to stream the video on my PC with my TV which are both on the same network. I had used Samsung smart view but even that has stopped since I updated to 10. I have tried to add the TV to my home group but that doesn`t work either. Any...
  10. Streaming Videos

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Streaming Videos: I'm having a problem with my laptop streaming videos. It is taking a very long time to download them and they play for less than a minute and pause to download more. a small video is taking 10 minutes or longer view. There is very little in my cache. 22995