Windows 10: Video Stutter/Buzz In Audio

Discus and support Video Stutter/Buzz In Audio in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; For the past couple of weeks I have been getting stuttering video and a buzz in the audio. It started with listening to Spotify, the audio with just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MrOctober, Apr 18, 2020.

1. MrOctober Win User

Video Stutter/Buzz In Audio

For the past couple of weeks I have been getting stuttering video and a buzz in the audio. It started with listening to Spotify, the audio with just buzz for a few seconds then the PC would crash, no blue screen it would just restart. The reboots have stopped, but now the video is stuttering and when it stutters, there is a buzz in the audio.

It's a Ryzen 1600, ASRock B450 Pro, 16GB ram, RX 560 GPU. I updated the chipset, GPU and audio drivers. Nothing helped. Rebooting will fix it temporarily, but the problem eventually returns.

Windows 10

:)

MrOctober, Apr 18, 2020

2. Windows 10 very brief audio stutter/buzzing/glitching everywhere

Try running DPC Latency Checker
    https://www.thesycon.de/eng/latency_check.shtml
    . When the stutter buzz happens, always about 1-2 seconds later my latency graph report goes from 600 microseconds to 300,000 microseconds.
    It might be at the same time as the stutter, but only that the latency checker has a lag until it reports.
    There seems a direct correlation between the stutter and the high latency.

That program gives a suggestion to my specific report that “some device drivers on this machine behave bad and will cause drop-outs in real-time audio and/or video streams”.
    They go on to give suggestions to disable various drivers in Device Manager and see if they are the bad ones.

I also just tried something gamers do by disabling Dynamic Tick, but that made no difference.

DennisWUrban, Apr 18, 2020
  3. MarkHirst Win User
    Buzzing/ stuttering sound when playing audio or video files

Since upgrading to Windows 10 I am hearing a loud buzzing/stuttering sound when listening to any audio file and also during video files. I always listen to lots of music on my PC and it's driving me crazy. I find that help forums are littered with this
    problem. Please don't recommend me to use the sound troubleshooter or to update drivers as it doesn't work. I can't seem to find anyone on forums who has seemed to overcome this problem. Thinking of purchasing a Mac !

MarkHirst, Apr 18, 2020
  4. Video Stutter/Buzz In Audio

Audio stutter buzzing glitching everywhere

Hello,

First, have my specs: Asus X550LN, Nvidia 840M 2GB, Intel i7 4500U, 8GB RAM, Windows 10 64bit (upgraded from Windows 8.1 64 bit).

So I've upgraded to Windows 10 relatively easily and without any serious issues besides the odd bug here and there.

By far the most annoying and the biggest one I have found is the weird audio buzzing or glitching, whatever you want to call it. It appears in any audio source, whether that's in Chrome on YouTube/Soundcloud, in Edge, via local audio/video files in Groove
    Music, MusicBee, VLC, the native Win 10 movie player, and even in games. I did not have this issue in Windows 8.1.

To describe it in short: It appears at random, though fairly often. Sometimes every 10 seconds, sometimes every 30 - 60 seconds. It is a very
    short, micro stutter-like glitch in audio. Imagine the moment before a BSOD where audio buzzes and glitches out, but for a split second. I think video stutters as well while the audio does, which is most noticeable in games. (Though I may just be thinking
    that because I expect the video to stutter since the audio stutters as well. But I am fairly certain video does too).

The problem persists whether I use my laptop's speakers, headphones, or external speakers.

I tried many things, so I would appreciate it if you don't tell me to do those same ones again:

I uninstalled and re-installed the latest Nvidia drivers, the latest Intel drivers, the latest Realtek audio drivers. Clean installed all of them by uninstalling specific devices from Device Manager and either installing the latest ones from the manufacturer's
    website or letting Windows download the best ones it sees fit. None of that worked. Troubleshooting in Windows did nothing either. Increasing and decreasing the default format in the playback device's properties did nothing. I disabled all background programs
    (all IM's, OneDrive, Antivirus etc) that I could to see if they are maybe the problem, nope.

I do not see an option to share my dxdiag and msconfig info here, but if someone would want it I can provide it asap.

I think this is simply an issue with Windows 10 which will need to be resolved via patch from Microsoft. It is very annoying and I sincerely hope a fix will be out very soon.

But either way if anyone knows of a temporary fix or some other things I should do, please do let me know, I would appreciate it greatly!

Thank you and kind regards.

DrewPatton, Apr 18, 2020
Thema:

Video Stutter/Buzz In Audio

1. Video Stutter/Buzz In Audio - Similar Threads - Video Stutter Buzz

2. Video and Audio stuttering while Gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video and Audio stuttering while Gaming: I recently upgraded components of my PC. And before, I used to crash on every game I play, so I took it to the store and they said some drivers are missing, well ok.But now I am trying to play games and I get video and audio stutters. Its fine for the first 5 minutes, then it...
  3. Video and Audio stuttering while Gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Video and Audio stuttering while Gaming: I recently upgraded components of my PC. And before, I used to crash on every game I play, so I took it to the store and they said some drivers are missing, well ok.But now I am trying to play games and I get video and audio stutters. Its fine for the first 5 minutes, then it...
  4. Audio Buzzing/Video Stuttering every half second Windows 10

Audio Buzzing/Video Stuttering every half second Windows 10: Hello, this issue first started appearing about 3 weeks ago after the latest windows update. When the issue occurs, the audio buzzes and video stutters briefly every half second. This issue persists until I restart my computer. After restarting, the issue may begin happening...
  5. Video and audio stuttering

Video and audio stuttering: I recently bought a brand new pc - AMD Ryzen 9 3900X AM4 Tray Corsair DDR 4 64G 32Gx2 3200 CL16 Vengeance LPX CMK64GX4M2E3200C16 Noctua NH-U12S SE-AM4 CPU Cooler Special Edition for AM4 Asus PRIME X570-PRO A-DATA SSD 2TB XPG Spectrix S40G RGB M.2 2280 Corsair iCUE 465X RGB...
  6. Video Stutter/Audio Buzz

Video Stutter/Audio Buzz: For the past couple of weeks I have been getting stuttering video and a buzz in the audio. It started with listening to Spotify, the audio with just buzz for a few seconds then the PC would crash, no blue screen it would just restart. The reboots have stopped, but now the...
  7. audio and video out of sync and stutters

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    audio and video out of sync and stutters: audio and video out of sync and stutters, most noticeable on youtube https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-and-video-out-of-sync-and-stutters/78ad62d2-3d2a-473f-bb87-b20ffbf86220
  8. Win10 Audio and video stutter

Win10 Audio and video stutter: Hi, I have tried everything and have not found a solution. About a week ago I played around with the Windows audio enhancements while listening to youtube videos - no issues from that. Then, with my HDD running very slowly (has been for a while), I installed Acronis True...
  9. Audio stutter buzzing glitching everywhere

Audio stutter buzzing glitching everywhere: Hello, First, have my specs: Asus X550LN, Nvidia 840M 2GB, Intel i7 4500U, 8GB RAM, Windows 10 64bit (upgraded from Windows 8.1 64 bit). So I've upgraded to Windows 10 relatively easily and without any serious issues besides the odd bug here and there. By far the most...
  10. Playing videos audio stutter/buzzing and cause of mouse and operations to run slowly

Playing videos audio stutter/buzzing and cause of mouse and operations to run slowly: Oddly I see an article - lots of comments, yet no real solutions... When playing videos it has this buzzing four consistent tones - video is interrupted in this playback...