Windows 10: Video System Shutting Down and Producing Event ID 41

Discus and support Video System Shutting Down and Producing Event ID 41 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi I have a PC which appears to shutdown the video system only which produces an Event ID 41 but DOES NOT REBOOT THE PC. To get the PC video up and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by TraceyW, Aug 16, 2019.

1. TraceyW Win User

Video System Shutting Down and Producing Event ID 41

Hi

I have a PC which appears to shutdown the video system only which produces an Event ID 41 but DOES NOT REBOOT THE PC. To get the PC video up and running I do a manual reboot by pressing my PC's RESET button. I can be accessed over the network with no trouble whilst my video is down and before I press RESET which doesn't sound like my PC is rebooting or even trying. It still produces an Event ID 41 though which is described by Windows as follows: "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly."

No! It hasn't been rebooting or shutting down. ONLY the video. This has happened every day since Tuesday this week (13th) and has happened twice today up to now and curiously, I'm not generally looking at the PC when it happens. I think I saw it happen once first thing in the morning when it happened -- BUT IT HAS NEVER REBOOTED OR SWITCHED OFF. I stress again that only the screen goes off and a manual reset gets everything up and running again.

I am at a loss as what's wrong but it could be almost anything although I do feel it's hardware related. I need help in sorting this out and I'm appealing to all, if you have any possible ideas then PLEASE get back to me. Any further info required I'll willingly provide but PLEASE, SOMEONE please help.

Tracey

:)

TraceyW, Aug 16, 2019

2. Kernel-Power event id 41. BugcheckCode 0

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In-order to get more clarity on this issue and to assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, reply with answers to the below questions:

1. Are you aware of any changes made on your PC, prior to this issue?
    2. Is this issue specific while playing a particular game?
    3. Which edition of Windows are you currently using?

A Kernel Power Event 41 can occur in the following scenarios.

Scenario 1: The computer restarts, and there is a Stop error BugcheckCode in the event data.

Scenario 2: The computer is shut down by pressing and holding the power button.

Scenario 3: The system randomly restarts and no Stop error BugcheckCode is listed, or the computer is completely unresponsive (hard hang).

I suggest you refer the article on Kernel
    Power Event ID 41
    and follow the steps for the scenario that is causing this error on your PC.

Additionally, you can refer the article on Windows
    Kernel event ID 41 error "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first" in Windows

and check if that helps.

Regards,

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Aug 16, 2019
  3. Michelle Vil, Aug 16, 2019
  4. Ernie San Win User

Event 41, Karnel - Power

Hello,

The Event 41 is used to report the unexpected shutting down of a device. For better assistance, we'd like to ask the following:

• What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Did you make any changes to your computer? If yes, can you tell us the changes?

Meanwhile, we recommend following the workaround on this link. The article
    is about Windows Kernel event ID 41 error "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first" in Windows.

We are looking forward to your reply.

Ernie San, Aug 16, 2019
Thema:

1. Video System Shutting Down and Producing Event ID 41 - Similar Threads - Video System Shutting

2. System random shut down - Event ID 41, Task Category 63

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System random shut down - Event ID 41, Task Category 63: My computer seems to randomly shut down, almost like a blue screen of death but instead, the bottom half is blacked with glitches and the top half with something similar to "oops something went wrong". I can't find any example images on Google nor can I take a...
  3. System random shut down - Event ID 41, Task Category 63

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System random shut down - Event ID 41, Task Category 63: My computer seems to randomly shut down, almost like a blue screen of death but instead, the bottom half is blacked with glitches and the top half with something similar to "oops something went wrong". I can't find any example images on Google nor can I take a...
  4. System random shut down - Event ID 41, Task Category 63

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. System reboot event ID 41

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System reboot event ID 41: I've been getting a random system reboot recently but I'm not sure what's causing it because it happens at different times with different programs running. Sometimes it happens just after I opened my laptop....
  6. System reboot event ID 41

System reboot event ID 41: I've been getting a random system reboot recently but I'm not sure what's causing it because it happens at different times with different programs running. Sometimes it happens just after I opened my laptop....
  7. Laptop Shut Down - Event ID 6008, 41 Kernel-Power

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop Shut Down - Event ID 6008, 41 Kernel-Power: ***moved on english forum*** Very similarly to this question, my laptop shut down randomly for a third time this week. Every shut-down occurred slightly after I waked my laptop from a prolonged sleep state probably was in hibernation. When I checked the Event Viewer, there...
  8. System Rebooting - Event ID 41 & Event ID 161

System Rebooting - Event ID 41 & Event ID 161: Hello, My system has started rebooting without BSOD randomly, but usually when playing Shadow of the Tomb Raider or other programs that have the PC under load. Today, it did it when trying to open a system information viewer program when nothing else was running. The CPU...
  9. Laptop Shut Down - Event ID 6008, 41 Kernel-Power

Laptop Shut Down - Event ID 6008, 41 Kernel-Power: Hi everyone, yesterday my laptop shutdown for the first time while I was gaming and then I immediately turned it on and checked the heat levels and my cpu was 83 °C, so I checked the event log and saw those two event logs that were created around the time of the shutdown. Can...
  10. Unexpected Shut Down Event ID: 41 Task category 63

Unexpected Shut Down Event ID: 41 Task category 63: Whenever I play fortnite, sometimes my computer unexpectedly shuts down. My GPU is not overheating when I tested it (64 degrees celcius max) and my CPU remains at 85.2 degrees celcius when I stressed tested it. My specs GTX 1050ti 16GB of RAM AMD FX-8300 ASROCK N68-GS4...