Windows 10: video taking very long time to start playing

Discus and support video taking very long time to start playing in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Is it a hardware problem? Or is it normal ? I have some videos on a spinning hard drive, I tried to play back one of it, it's not large, probably... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Tsw88, Oct 6, 2018.

1. Tsw88 Win User

video taking very long time to start playing

Is it a hardware problem? Or is it normal ?

I have some videos on a spinning hard drive, I tried to play back one of it, it's not large, probably 2-3GB in size, but the default windows player kept me waiting at least 30 seconds before it starts to playback.

System, intel i5 2400, 8GB RAM, 128 SSD

It doesn't often happen, but it happens from time to time, usually it takes me 5 seconds before it actually starts playing the first seconds.

Is the problem of the hard drive alone? Aging?

Or is it the problem of the CPU or RAM or something?

:)

Tsw88, Oct 6, 2018
  2. AzaRich Win User

Why video player doesn't save time when I stop the video and start to play it again? Nokia 701

Why video player doesn't save time when I stop the video and start to play it again?

Steps to reproduce:

1. start video player

2. select video and start it

3. click pause, click exit

4. play current video again

Played doesn't save time...

AzaRich, Oct 6, 2018
  3. Transferring videos through Ovi takes a very long time.

Hello, I have recently started using Nokia Ovi Suite v1.0 to connect to my 5800 XM, my problem is that when I try to transfer videos, it never finishes, it takes a long time and always puts me on 'Waiting' status, I think Ovi is trying to convert my video
    (which is Xvid) but its not taking heavy resources from my processor so I figure its not doing anything in there...

Am I missing or forgetting a step or something?

Thanks for the help.

EDIT: It looks like Ovi Suite doesn't support Xvid (AVI) which is very stupid since most formats today are in AVI format.

Message Edited by on 20-Jan-2009 03:42 PM

bondthegreat, Oct 6, 2018
  4. Ian Sal Win User

Cortana Takes long time

Hi Umesh,

It might need a little adjustment with the settings. We would suggest following these steps to rectify this issue:

• If you typed your question to Cortana, she thinks you want the answer displayed rather than spoken. Select themicrophone icon
      in the search box and say something instead.
    • Your speakers might not be working. Search for Device Managerand select the arrow next to
      Sound, video and game controllers. If you don't see a sound card listed, or there's a yellow question mark on the name of the sound card, that may be the problem.
      Get help with sound problems.
    • Your mic might not be set up. Enter set up mic, choose the matching result, and follow the prompts.

Best Regards.

Ian Sal, Oct 6, 2018
Thema:

1. video taking very long time to start playing - Similar Threads - video taking very

2. Videos take very long to start playing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Videos take very long to start playing: I have same problem as the person stated under - video it does not matter if its online or some downloaded video take like 5 seconds to start and if paused for longer period it takes again 5 sec to start again. Just diffrent laptop i have Dell G3 15 3590 intelcore i7-9750...
  3. Videos take very long to start playing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Videos take very long to start playing: I have same problem as the person stated under - video it does not matter if its online or some downloaded video take like 5 seconds to start and if paused for longer period it takes again 5 sec to start again. Just diffrent laptop i have Dell G3 15 3590 intelcore i7-9750...
  4. Videos take very long to start playing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Videos take very long to start playing: I have a Windows 10 Dell Vostro with an 11th Gen i3 processor, 8 GB RAM, and an HDD. For some reason, any video takes unnaturally long to start playing on my laptop. For videos that are on my HDD, VLC takes around 5-10 seconds to actually start playing the video after it has...
  5. Videos take very long to start playing

Videos take very long to start playing: I have a Windows 10 Dell Vostro with an 11th Gen i3 processor, 8 GB RAM, and an HDD. For some reason, any video takes unnaturally long to start playing on my laptop. For videos that are on my HDD, VLC takes around 5-10 seconds to actually start playing the video after it has...
  6. Videos take very long to start playing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Videos take a super long time to play!

Videos take a super long time to play!: When I'm watching videos on YouTube, Netflixapp and others, it takes a very long time for the video to start. The video is loaded but just doesn't play. And when I get an A on Youtube, I have to wait for the ad to play and wait AGAIN for the video to play. The time for the...
  8. Help with Windows shutting taking a very long time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with Windows shutting taking a very long time: I am running Windows 10 Pro version 1909 OS build 18363.836. Whenever I shutdown or restart, it takes about 5 minutes to shut down. It seems to have started randomly. Anyone have any ideas how to fix this? submitted by /u/audma [link] [comments]...
  9. Blue screen taking a very long time.

Blue screen taking a very long time.: Hello, I was installing an older version of avast when I got blue screened. Before that I had updated my windows version. Problem is, the blue screen won't go away. It's been about 20mins now. Is there anything I could do?...
  10. Settings > Apps & Features takes a very long time to start

Settings > Apps & Features takes a very long time to start: The default display settings for the SETTINGS > SYSTEM > Apps & Features page are to display apps "By Size" and to look for apps on "All Drives". The latter is particularly stupid when you consider that Windows and the Store app install all apps to the This PC (aka the C:...