Windows 10: video tdr failure, and black screens freezes.

Discus and support video tdr failure, and black screens freezes. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello computer whisperes of tenforums. I suspect my graphics card is at the end of its life, as bluescreens suddenly started happening about a week... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Mads672g, Sep 6, 2020.

1. Mads672g Win User

video tdr failure, and black screens freezes.

Hello computer whisperes of tenforums.

I suspect my graphics card is at the end of its life, as bluescreens suddenly started happening about a week ago.

It primarily happens when watching youtube (i haven't crashed when playing demanding games, oddly enough).

Sometimes it won't even make it to the login screen, and other times i can run youtube videos for multiple hours before it crashes. I am writing this post on the pc.

Right before it crashes some small purple icons comes up on my primary monitor (link at the bottom), and the colors on the 2 others glitch out. I dont have a picture of it, but similar to this: t.ly/pLT1

What i have tried:

Reinstalled graphics card driver
    Performed clean install of graphics card driver
    Uninstalled graphics card driver, rebooted and made clean install of graphics card driver.
    Ran chksdk, with no errors
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth, /ScanHealth and /RestoreHealth, no errors
    Ran driver booster to update other drivers
    Rolled back to older windows version
    Updated to newer windows version
    Reinstalled windows with the "Keep personal files and apps" option
    New themal paste on graphics card (the temps were fine, but i am out of ideas)
    Probably other things that i have forgotten

Any ideas are much appreciated.

For some reason i am having trouble attaching files to this post, so here is a link to the pictures and the zip file from log collector:
    t.ly/9yH8

Current windows build: Windows 10 pro build 19041.450

:)

Mads672g, Sep 6, 2020

2. Video tdr failure, screen is black on boot

I have the same problem. In my case my son was playing game and it happened. I still have same problem after switch on and off few times, totally black screen, only some times for few seconds it shows blue screen with the message that restarting and there
    is code, Video tdr failure and screen again goes black.

AmandeepGill8, Sep 6, 2020
  3. Video tdr failure, screen is black on boot

Hello today while I was watching a video and then I opened an interactive map on Google Chrome I got a blue screen video tdr failure. Now when I try to boot screen remains black, not even back light is turning on. It happened again but after I turned on
    and off my pc many times the problem was solved. Now nothing happens.

timmyganny, Sep 6, 2020
  4. rml123 Win User

Blue Screen - Video TDR Failure

Hello

I have had 2 blue screen system failures this morning. Both of them with the message Video TDR Failure. The message advised me to contact support and quote igdkmd64.sys.

The system was installing Windows Updates at the time so that is my prime suspicion. The update that was successfully installed was Intel Corporation driver update for Intel(R) HD Graphics. It appears twice at the top of the list of updates for some reason.

rml123, Sep 6, 2020
Thema:

1. video tdr failure, and black screens freezes. - Similar Threads - video tdr failure

2. Video TDR failure, blue screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Video TDR failure, blue screen: The computer will suddenly crash, usually when playing a game and display this error:VIDEO TDR FAILUREcaused by nvlddmkm.sysSometimes, when the computer restarts, the screen will stay black and be unresponsive, and I'd have to turn it off and on again. I already tried...
  3. Video TDR failure, blue screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video TDR failure, blue screen: The computer will suddenly crash, usually when playing a game and display this error:VIDEO TDR FAILUREcaused by nvlddmkm.sysSometimes, when the computer restarts, the screen will stay black and be unresponsive, and I'd have to turn it off and on again. I already tried...
  4. Video TDR failure, blue screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Video Tdr failure, blue screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video Tdr failure, blue screen: The computer will suddenly crash, usually when playing a game and display this error:VIDEO TDR FAILUREcaused by nvlddmkm.sysI checked my graphics card driver and it's up to date.One time, the PC froze when I bumped into it. Could be related but I'm not sure.Thanks in advance....
  6. Video Tdr failure, blue screen

Video Tdr failure, blue screen: The computer will suddenly crash, usually when playing a game and display this error:VIDEO TDR FAILUREcaused by nvlddmkm.sysI checked my graphics card driver and it's up to date.One time, the PC froze when I bumped into it. Could be related but I'm not sure.Thanks in advance....
  7. Video Tdr failure, blue screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Video TDR Failure, Pc Screen is Black on boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video TDR Failure, Pc Screen is Black on boot: So, i was doinfg some work on adobe after effects and after that i got a bsod saying Video TDR Failure. Now my PC screen is Balck on boot nothing shows up even the boot menu is not showing up. Its just completly black after i press the start button...
  9. Video TDR Failure, Pc Screen is Black on boot

Video TDR Failure, Pc Screen is Black on boot: So, i was doinfg some work on adobe after effects and after that i got a bsod saying Video TDR Failure. Now my PC screen is Balck on boot nothing shows up even the boot menu is not showing up. Its just completly black after i press the start button...
  10. Video TDR Failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Video TDR Failure: I keep getting a blue screen saying I have a Video TDR Failure and then it shuts my computer down, what can I do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-tdr-failure/f6871843-06fe-4392-ab40-dbe83b78da70