Windows 10: Video tearing in Firefox

Discus and support Video tearing in Firefox in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I'm on Firefox 68.0.1 64bit and recently I've started getting video tearing on all video in the browser. I've tried enabling and disabling hardware... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by rivre, Aug 2, 2019.

1. rivre Win User

Video tearing in Firefox

I'm on Firefox 68.0.1 64bit and recently I've started getting video tearing on all video in the browser. I've tried enabling and disabling hardware acceleration in the settings, as well as "use recommended performance settings", I've tried setting v-sync in my Nvidia driver to on, fast, adaptive - nothing helps. It always tears near the top 1/4 of the screen.

I had unrelated issues with Firefox last month so I completely uninstalled it and deleted my profile and reinstalled it, and I updated my Nvidia driver a few weeks ago. So I have no idea if either of those things triggered this tearing, or if it's something introduced in Firefox 68.

Is there anything I can check for to fix this? I don't seem to have any tearing during page scrolling. Only during video playback.

:)

rivre, Aug 2, 2019

2. Video Issues in Windows 10 With Firefox

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please provide the following information with us to understand the issue better.

• Is the issue occurs in Microsoft Edge?

• Let us know whether the issue is specific to online videos or it is happening with other videos present in your system too?

As the initial troubleshooting steps, I would suggest you to check all the available Windows Updates. Installation of recent Windows Updates should fix the issue.

If the issue still persists, then try updating the Display driver and check. Here is the steps:
    • Press Windows Key + R on your desktop screen to go to run command box.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
    • In Display Adapter, expand Display Adapter, right-click , and then click
      Update.
    If the issues persists ,only with firefox then i suggest you to contact firefox support.

Please do let us know the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Aug 2, 2019
  3. Olaf CH Win User
    Windows 10 Screen Tearing

Thank you for your message.

It is now much better but there is still screen tearing.

You can reproduce screen tearing with following

-> Alt-Tab between full screen windows, sometimes you still have screen tearing.

-> Youtube video with fast color and moving sequences (e.g. macross frontier avm's), in Internet Explorer it is nearly gone but with Firefox and hardware acceleration on (default) it's still there.

Olaf CH, Aug 2, 2019
  4. Video tearing in Firefox

Firefox does not work on start up

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall Firefox
    and check if it fixes the issue. Follow the steps below to uninstall
    Firefox:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click on Programs and Features.
    • Look for Firefox and right click on it and click on
      uninstall.
    • Reboot the computer after uninstall is complete and try to reinstall them.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Aug 2, 2019
Thema:

Video tearing in Firefox

1. Video tearing in Firefox - Similar Threads - Video tearing Firefox

2. Firefox and pictures/videos

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox and pictures/videos: For a while I'm having problems with displaying of pictures and some videos. For pictures at some sites (a lot of them) instead of a picture I see only it's placeholder, sometimes just a grey background or nothing. Video problems manifest mostly as black screen with circle as...
  3. Audio and Video Tearing - High DPC Latency in LatencyMon

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio and Video Tearing - High DPC Latency in LatencyMon: I'm having some audio and video issues. They're most prevalent while playing games (Warhammer 2 and ESO, mainly) and the issues cause the games to stutter, drop FPS, and the audio becomes corrupted. This also occurs when starting the PC. The audio is corrupted and the mouse...
  4. Facebook videos crashing Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    Facebook videos crashing Firefox: Hi, folks Since 2 weeks videos in FB which are being played automatically crash the browser for couple of seconds. Then I have to refresh it. I am using not the latest drivers for AMD and Intel but also with the newest it is still the same. Can anyone please tell me what...
  5. Facebook videos crashing Firefox

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Facebook videos crashing Firefox: Hi, folks Since 2 weeks videos in FB which are being played automatically crash the browser for couple of seconds. Then I have to refresh it. I am using not the latest drivers for AMD and Intel but also with the newest it is still the same. Can anyone please tell me what...
  6. Screen tearing on Desktop and when watching videos

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen tearing on Desktop and when watching videos: Hey guys hoping somebody can help with this issue. Basically when playing pc games i have no issues but when i watch any form of video on my pc (youtube,netflix,mpc-hc player) i get screen tearing, also when i try to scroll document in win10. Im trying to think of the best...
  7. Screen tearing Desktop and when watching videos.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Screen tearing Desktop and when watching videos.: Hey guys hoping somebody can help with this issue. Basically when playing pc games i have no issues but when i watch any form of video on my pc (youtube,netflix,mpc-hc player) i get screen tearing, also when i try to scroll document in win10. Im trying to think of the best...
  8. Screen tearing Desktop and when watching videos...

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen tearing Desktop and when watching videos...: Hey guys hoping somebody can help with this issue. Basically when playing pc games i have no issues but when i watch any form of video on my pc (youtube,netflix,mpc-hc player) i get screen tearing, also when i try to scroll document in win10. Im trying to think of the best...
  9. Screen tearing Desktop and when watching videos

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen tearing Desktop and when watching videos: Hey guys hoping somebody can help with this issue. Basically when playing pc games i have no issues but when i watch any form of video on my pc (youtube,netflix,mpc-hc player) i get screen tearing, also when i try to scroll document in win10. Im trying to think of the best...
  10. YouTube video preview in Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    YouTube video preview in Firefox: Hi, is there a Firefox plugin, or a configuration change, to preview YouTube videos while using Bing Search Engine (and hopefully Google Search Engine as well) just like in Internet Explorer? [img] 105287