Windows 10: Video Thumbnails Broken

Discus and support Video Thumbnails Broken in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have one PC with Windows 10 Home on it that has suddenly stopped displaying video thumbnails. Funny thing is that on other PC's on my network it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by davefaz, Feb 1, 2019.

1. davefaz Win User

Video Thumbnails Broken

I have one PC with Windows 10 Home on it that has suddenly stopped displaying video thumbnails. Funny thing is that on other PC's on my network it works just fine. Picture thumbnails work fine but video thumbnails have stopped displaying at all. I have checked the obvious windows settings and also scanned for problems with windows - nothing. As far as I am aware, nothing changed on the PC, this happened in the last month or two. Anyone any clue as to what might be going on?

:)

davefaz, Feb 1, 2019
  2. Dyan Rey Win User

Video preview thumbnails

Hello,

System file corruption is one of the possible reasons why thumbnail preview has recently disappeared. To better assist you, please answer the following:

• For clarification, are referring to video preview thumbnails when using File Explorer?
    • We would like to verify if you are referring to the Fall Creators Update. To see your
      Windows build and version, please follow the steps in this
      article

In the meantime, we suggest creating a Test User Profile. This is to see if the same issue occurs on a different user profile.

To create a Test User Profile, follow these steps:

• On Search, type Settings then hit the
      Enter
      key.
    • On Settings window, select Accounts.
    • Select Family & other people.
    • Select Add someone else to this PC.
    • Name the User Profile as TEST.
    • Assign a password for TEST user, then select Next.
    • Sign in TEST user.

We'll be waiting on the results.

Dyan Rey, Feb 1, 2019
  3. Video Thumbnails wont update in preview pane

Hello my video thumbnails wont update. It shows me the preview of the first video thumbnail but when i select another, the preview remains the same in the preview pane. I use the "List" view. help, i am a video editor who just pdated to windows 10

Joe Bodego, Feb 1, 2019
  4. Coberino Win User

Video Thumbnails Broken

Can't see AVI video thumbnails

Already tried that, and no luck unfortunately.

Coberino, Feb 1, 2019
Thema:

Video Thumbnails Broken

1. Video Thumbnails Broken - Similar Threads - Video Thumbnails Broken

2. Inserting Thumbnails in Video Files..... !?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Inserting Thumbnails in Video Files..... !?: Hello Folks, Got loads of videos I downloaded from internet but many are missing thumbnails. Please inform what software can I use (along with procedure) to insert/embeded images that can be used as thumbnails. End use: When I browse my video collection, I want to see...
  3. No thumbnails for pics/videos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No thumbnails for pics/videos: Hello, I am having issues with my thumbnails on my pc(windows 10) not showing tumbnails. When i scroll down i can briefly see it but then it goes away. I have tried switching icons sizes, changing the open program to windows pics, and unchecking the always show icons button....
  4. split screen videos ,Even thumbnails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    split screen videos ,Even thumbnails: Awhy the hell would I want a video with the same video split screen .05 seconds a part ? how do I remove this stupid **** ? I swear these people are BULLIES...
  5. My photo thumbnails are broken

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My photo thumbnails are broken: I discovered that all my photo thumbnail broke down. Yesterday I cleared my photo thumbnails with disk cleanup and then restarted the system but it didn’t help. Could you help me to solve this problem?...
  6. Show thumbnail for shortcut of a video file?

in Windows 10 Support
    Show thumbnail for shortcut of a video file?: Is there any way for thumbnails to appear on shortcuts of video files? Just like if it was the actual video file? Right now I just have a generic icon. 115362
  7. thumbnails broken with April 2018 update

in Windows 10 Support
    thumbnails broken with April 2018 update: Since getting the new April 2018 update half of my mkv videos won't load thumbnails and the rar files won't load thumbnails. so annoying. I used Ccleaner to delete thumbnail cache but no good. Anyone else with this problem or a solution? I know I was having thumbnail problems...
  8. x265 HEVC Video not playing or thumbnails

in Windows 10 Support
    x265 HEVC Video not playing or thumbnails: Hi, My desktop PC (64bit Windows10 home) will not play HEVC videos with the default player, I just get a blank screen but can hear the audio. When viewing the files folder I just get the program icon and not a thumbnail. I assumed HEVC was not supported but trying the same...
  9. Broken Thumbnail and Icon cache?

in Windows 10 Support
    Broken Thumbnail and Icon cache?: So yesterday when I was looking around at my wallpapers from the explorer I noticed that some thumbnail previews for my pictures are green. [img] I had to cut around the personal pictures. It's not like every picture that's like this. I think these were the ones that I...
  10. video thumbnails size stuck on small

in Windows 10 Support
    video thumbnails size stuck on small: In Windows Explorer all videos converted with Any Video Converter have small thumbnails in Windows Explorer. i didn't used to have this problem. I tried for days to figure this out. I did one video with Handbrake and it was a normal size thumbnail for the same video i had...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. thumbnails broken on windows 10