Windows 10: Video Thumbnails Broken

Discus and support Video Thumbnails Broken in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have one PC with Windows 10 Home on it that has suddenly stopped displaying video thumbnails. Funny thing is that on other PC's on my network it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by davefaz, Feb 1, 2019.

1. davefaz Win User

Video Thumbnails Broken

I have one PC with Windows 10 Home on it that has suddenly stopped displaying video thumbnails. Funny thing is that on other PC's on my network it works just fine. Picture thumbnails work fine but video thumbnails have stopped displaying at all. I have checked the obvious windows settings and also scanned for problems with windows - nothing. As far as I am aware, nothing changed on the PC, this happened in the last month or two. Anyone any clue as to what might be going on?

:)

davefaz, Feb 1, 2019
  2. Dyan Rey Win User

Video preview thumbnails

Hello,

System file corruption is one of the possible reasons why thumbnail preview has recently disappeared. To better assist you, please answer the following:

• For clarification, are referring to video preview thumbnails when using File Explorer?
    • We would like to verify if you are referring to the Fall Creators Update. To see your
      Windows build and version, please follow the steps in this
      article

In the meantime, we suggest creating a Test User Profile. This is to see if the same issue occurs on a different user profile.

To create a Test User Profile, follow these steps:

• On Search, type Settings then hit the
      Enter
      key.
    • On Settings window, select Accounts.
    • Select Family & other people.
    • Select Add someone else to this PC.
    • Name the User Profile as TEST.
    • Assign a password for TEST user, then select Next.
    • Sign in TEST user.

We'll be waiting on the results.

Dyan Rey, Feb 1, 2019
  3. Video Thumbnails wont update in preview pane

Hello my video thumbnails wont update. It shows me the preview of the first video thumbnail but when i select another, the preview remains the same in the preview pane. I use the "List" view. help, i am a video editor who just pdated to windows 10

Joe Bodego, Feb 1, 2019
  4. Coberino Win User

Video Thumbnails Broken

Can't see AVI video thumbnails

Already tried that, and no luck unfortunately.

Coberino, Feb 1, 2019
Thema:

Video Thumbnails Broken

1. Video Thumbnails Broken - Similar Threads - Video Thumbnails Broken

2. File Explorer Photos & Videos Thumbnails Broken

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Photos & Videos Thumbnails Broken: I have read many tech articles, I've cleared caches, changed settings, I have tried all the solutions I could find to no avail. Prior to this issue, I could view almost every single photo and video file's thumbnail in file explorer. Then one day I couldn't. Now I can only...
  3. File Explorer Photos & Videos Thumbnails Broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Photos & Videos Thumbnails Broken: I have read many tech articles, I've cleared caches, changed settings, I have tried all the solutions I could find to no avail. Prior to this issue, I could view almost every single photo and video file's thumbnail in file explorer. Then one day I couldn't. Now I can only...
  4. File Explorer Photos & Videos Thumbnails Broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Video Thumbnails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video Thumbnails: I recently bought a new camera a Sony A7iv and I am recording in the XAVC S format which is a medium compression format for mp4 videos but for some reason files from the device are not loading thumbnails I don't have this issue with any of my other cameras as both my Sony...
  6. Video thumbnails

Video thumbnails: Thumbnails were arbitrarily assigned to video files that are unrelated to the video itself.How do I correct this?I want the thumbnail to be a still from the video, not what was arbitrarily assigned to it.Note: this has nothing to do with Sharepoint or "asset libraries". These...
  7. Video thumbnails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video thumbnails: Thumbnails were arbitrarily assigned to video files that are unrelated to the video itself.How do I correct this?I want the thumbnail to be a still from the video, not what was arbitrarily assigned to it.Note: this has nothing to do with Sharepoint or "asset libraries". These...
  8. Video thumbnails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Thumbnails Broken

Thumbnails Broken: Suddenly, Windows 10 Pro won't display an icon with a photo of pictures. It just shows a blank photo icon. I didn't touch anything in Settings and I've tried shutting down and rebooting, etc. - I've tried switching Views, etc., no relief. Thoughts?...
  10. Video thumbnails

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Video thumbnails: I have many videos downloaded which have the same intro. The problem with video thumbnails in Windows 10 is that the thumbnail is generated from the very beginning of a video, so nearly all videos have the same thumbnail (a frame of the intro). Is there a way to change the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. thumbnails broken on windows 10