Windows 10: Video Thumbnails not showing. Images work fine

Discus and support Video Thumbnails not showing. Images work fine in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Windows stopped showing video thumbnails in explorer and it's driving me nuts. I make videos for work and now it's like I'm working blind because I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BlakeNY, Jun 7, 2021.

1. BlakeNY Win User

Video Thumbnails not showing. Images work fine

Windows stopped showing video thumbnails in explorer and it's driving me nuts. I make videos for work and now it's like I'm working blind because I can't see what I'm opening. Image thumbnails still work. I have tried every solution I have been able to find but none have worked They all seem to be targeting all thumbnails broken but these are just videos. I know what I did to cause it I think but I'm not sure why it would have broken them. I change my default media player to VLC at one point and It wouldn't show thumbnails worked before switching so I switched back to the default Movies ap

:)

BlakeNY, Jun 7, 2021

2. Thumbnails won't show images

On Windows 10 my images aren't showing the image in the thumbnail. It's showing a pieces of blank paper. This randomly started happening today. I have checked the "Organize" setting and the "Always show icons, never thumbnails" is unchecked. I'm not sure
    what else to do. Any suggestions?

Brianne295, Jun 7, 2021
  3. [Windows 8.1 Pro] Video thumbnails not showing, and also certain image files

Not sure since when because I don't pay much attention, but somehow recently my computer stops showing video thumbnails. Image files, however, show their thumbnails just fine. What could be happening?

I think video thumbnails still show for me as of January 2019, but I really can't remember when it stopped working.

Video Thumbnails not showing. Images work fine a44aabc6-8083-4dde-a7dc-f403d86f221c?upload=true.jpg

I already unchecked the "show icons" in the Folder Options, and since image files still have thumbnails it shouldn't be an issue with that.

ETA: I already reinstalled Display drivers and tried Clean Boot. VERY oddly enough, the video thumbnails still show when I open my
    phone folders with the computer. This is from my Phone Recorder:

Video Thumbnails not showing. Images work fine 80a55a49-be97-447a-b7af-aede4b72dd0b?upload=true.jpg

TIF image files also blanked out, despite JPG and PNGs working just fine:

Video Thumbnails not showing. Images work fine b2bf9e00-0fd8-4ad3-bb92-06294fba7845?upload=true.jpg

D_A_Renoir, Jun 7, 2021
  4. Mikeindia Win User

Windows 10 Pro N not showing Video Image thumbnails in any video format

Windows 10 Pro N not showing Video Image thumbnails in any video format. How can I get back the thumbnails it is quite hard to search for video that I'm looking for without the thumbnails.

Mikeindia, Jun 7, 2021
Thema:

1. Video Thumbnails not showing. Images work fine - Similar Threads - Video Thumbnails showing

2. Video Thumbnails not showing. Image thumbnails work fine.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video Thumbnails not showing. Image thumbnails work fine.: Video Thumbnails not showing. Image thumbnails work fine. if i change .mp4 file to .vob the icons show a preview again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-thumbnails-not-showing-image-thumbnails-work/8f8450f0-81fa-4baa-bc62-1e2f7d250f5d
  3. Video Thumbnails not showing. Image thumbnails work fine.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video Thumbnails not showing. Image thumbnails work fine.: Video Thumbnails not showing. Image thumbnails work fine. if i change .mp4 file to .vob the icons show a preview again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-thumbnails-not-showing-image-thumbnails-work/8f8450f0-81fa-4baa-bc62-1e2f7d250f5d
  4. Video Thumbnails not showing. Image thumbnails work fine.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Video Thumbnails not showing. Images work fine.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video Thumbnails not showing. Images work fine.: This is really a continuation of the thread of the same name started by BlakeNY.Like BlakeNY, I became increasingly frustrated at the "answers" that were not 'listening' ok, reading to what s/he was saying.Finally, I found this site:...
  6. Video Thumbnails not showing. Images work fine.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video Thumbnails not showing. Images work fine.: This is really a continuation of the thread of the same name started by BlakeNY.Like BlakeNY, I became increasingly frustrated at the "answers" that were not 'listening' ok, reading to what s/he was saying.Finally, I found this site:...
  7. Video Thumbnails not showing. Images work fine.

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. no video thumbnails, image thumbnails are working

in Windows 10 Support
    no video thumbnails, image thumbnails are working: Hi there, for some time now all videos on my system are without thumbnails in the explorer. Image files are shown correctly with thumbnails. I already tried all recommended solutions like deleting the thumbnail cache (manually and via disk cleaner), checked all settings in...
  9. Image thumbnails not showing!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Image thumbnails not showing!: [ATTACH] Hello everyone, All the images preview "thumbnails" are broken in my Win10 pc https://preview.redd.it/nkmlmmu6xx161.png?width=463&format=png&auto=webp&s=65be032605918132d37458c5c79975ae1c8dc717 I didn't find many reporting this issue, except this post:...
  10. Thumbnails not showing up for images and videos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Thumbnails not showing up for images and videos: Hi there, I don't know why, but whenever my thumbnails do not show the previews for the pictures Always tends to occur at night time. I've looked through MULTIPLE threads and they All say the same exact thing which is: "Go to View tab, go to Options, and go to the change...