Windows 10: Video Thumbnails not showing. Pics do.

Discus and support Video Thumbnails not showing. Pics do. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Installed a fresh new version original copy of Win 10 and I am having a hard time seeing Video thumbnails, while pic thumbnails come up without issues.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/VDomina, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Video Thumbnails not showing. Pics do.

Installed a fresh new version original copy of Win 10 and I am having a hard time seeing Video thumbnails, while pic thumbnails come up without issues.

Fixed in the settings: Always show icons, never thumbnails - Show thumbnails instead of icons.

Downloaded and used without results:

Icaros

K-Lite Codecs

Vlc Making sure to check in the settings " show thumbnails as a preview"

And some other software I don't recall the name of.

I work with multimedia a lot and absolutely need to see the thumbnails to better identify and store the files. But after about 2 hours of tries, I really have no solution yet.

Any idea?

submitted by /u/VDomina
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/VDomina, Jul 3, 2020
  2. Jay1983D Win User

Thumbnail pics arn't showing up anymore.....

So I meant to make it so that only one folder wouldn't show the thumbnail pics anymore but instead I somehow made it so all folders and even pics don't show anymore. It just shows a regular yellow folder now with a name but no thumbnail preview of whats
    inside. And pics inside the folder don't show anymore either it just show a little blue mountain instead. I can only see them if I click on them to open them. How do I undo this??

Jay1983D, Jul 3, 2020
  3. No thumbnails for pics/videos

Hello,

Suggest you to reset thumbnail cache.

Try these steps:

1. Right click on Start Button and select Command Prompt (Admin).

2. Type following commands one-by-one and press Enter after each:

taskkill /f /im explorer.exe

del /f /s /q /a %LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer\thumbcache_*.db

start explorer.exe

3. Reboot the machine, which should rebuild thumbnail cache.

Let us know if this helps!

Kapil Arya MVP, Jul 3, 2020
  4. Naresh_K Win User

Video Thumbnails not showing. Pics do.

No thumbnails for pics/videos

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I would request you to check if the option is enabled. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Open File explorer and then click on
      View.
    2. Then click on Options and go to
      View
      tab.
    3. Then check if the options Always show icons, never thumbnails is
      unchecked.
    Also check the visual effect settings.

1. Open System properties (Windows key +
      Pause/Break key). You can also open it Control panel >
      Security and Settings > System.
    2. Then click on Advance system settings.
    3. Then go to Advanced tab and click on
      Settings under performance.
    4. Check the box behind “Show thumbnails instead of icons”.

If the options are enabled, then you can try to rebuild icon cache.

1. Open Command prompt as Administrator.
    2. Copy and paste the following:
    ie4uinit.exe -ClearIconCache

taskkill /IM explorer.exe /F

DEL "%localappdata%\IconCache.db" /A

shutdown /r /f /t 00

4. This will restart your computer and the icons should reappear.

Also try to change the view to large icons if it’s displaying as small icons. .

Regards,

Naresh_K, Jul 3, 2020
Thema:

Video Thumbnails not showing. Pics do.

1. Video Thumbnails not showing. Pics do. - Similar Threads - Video Thumbnails showing

2. Video thumbnails are not showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video thumbnails are not showing: I built a new computer back in April last year and had Windows 11 installed on it. Everything was working fine except for the fact that for some reason the system would not show any thumbnail previews of any of my video files. That includes MP4s, MKVs, or even older formats...
  3. Video thumbnails are not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video thumbnails are not showing: I built a new computer back in April last year and had Windows 11 installed on it. Everything was working fine except for the fact that for some reason the system would not show any thumbnail previews of any of my video files. That includes MP4s, MKVs, or even older formats...
  4. Video Thumbnails not showing with 2K Video

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video Thumbnails not showing with 2K Video: I've recently started to take videos with my phone in 2k NOT 1080p & since doing so the thumbnail of the file is not showing But it still does on the 1080p video files. ? is this a bug in Windows or something to do with my PC? Running windows 10Any help would be appreciated...
  5. Video Thumbnails not showing with 2K Video

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video Thumbnails not showing with 2K Video: I've recently started to take videos with my phone in 2k NOT 1080p & since doing so the thumbnail of the file is not showing But it still does on the 1080p video files. ? is this a bug in Windows or something to do with my PC? Running windows 10Any help would be appreciated...
  6. Video Thumbnails not showing with 2K Video

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Thumbnail on some videos not showing

Thumbnail on some videos not showing: Hi,Some of the videos are not showing thumbnails in Windows 10. I can see them in Windows 7. I have done all the settings shown in the View Tab. Nothing seem to be working.Can you please assist.Thanks....
  8. Video thumbnails not showing

Video thumbnails not showing: Hi all, so I have a strange issue with thumbnails for video files not showing - it's just the Film & TV icon. This happens ONLY for video files - pictures thumbnails show up just fine. The videos are typical MP4 files H264 encoding and play perfectly fine in the Film & TV...
  9. Why the video thumbnails are not showing ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why the video thumbnails are not showing ?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/srrahman [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/glhazv/why_the_video_thumbnails_are_not_showing/
  10. No thumbnails for pics/videos

No thumbnails for pics/videos: Hello, I am having issues with my thumbnails on my pc(windows 10) not showing tumbnails. When i scroll down i can briefly see it but then it goes away. I have tried switching icons sizes, changing the open program to windows pics, and unchecking the always show icons button....