Windows 10: Video thumbnails not showing

Discus and support Video thumbnails not showing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi all, so I have a strange issue with thumbnails for video files not showing - it's just the Film & TV icon. This happens ONLY for video files -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by francisw19, Dec 30, 2020.

1. Video thumbnails not showing

Hi all, so I have a strange issue with thumbnails for video files not showing - it's just the Film & TV icon. This happens ONLY for video files - pictures thumbnails show up just fine.

The videos are typical MP4 files H264 encoding and play perfectly fine in the Film & TV app or Windows Media Player. And their thumbnails have shown up before. I can't be sure, but this may have started when I did the 20H2 install fresh install, not upgrade.

I have the folder view set to "large icons" of course. Again this is Windows 10 20H2 and all updates are installed. I don't have any codec packs installed either...just whatever Windows 10 ships with. I've also followed all steps in this guide: Thumbnail Previews Not Showing On Windows 10! Fix it nucleustechnologies.com At the moment, I'm at a loss...I've never had trouble with this before. I do a lot of video editing, so not seeing the thumbnails is a big frustration at the moment lol! Any help or suggestions is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance :

:)

francisw19, Dec 30, 2020
  2. Dgo47 Win User

File Explorer not showing thumbnails

Brink,

Many thanks for you reply. I have done all the steps you suggested, but no change,

When I open a folder containing photos, some open correctly but the vast majority open with thumbnails, but they very quickly get overwritten and you can not longer see the thumbnails.

Are there any more suggestions?

Dgo47, Dec 30, 2020
  3. Ar Rom Win User
    Video Thumbnails not showing

Hi,

To address your concern, let's try to run the System File Checker scan to find and fix corrupt or missing system files. The steps are found on this

link

Keep us posted with the result.

Ar Rom, Dec 30, 2020
  4. Video thumbnails not showing

Video Thumbnails not showing

Pictures show thumbnails, but Videos don't, these videos do show Thumbnails on my laptop. I have checked the correct boxes on folder options and Visual Effects. Have also deleted the Thumbs cache in Disk Cleanup. makes no sense. This is a faily new win
    10 64 Install ( 1 Month ) They were showing, but now not showing. Thanks

AM1M AAsus, Dec 30, 2020
Thema:

Video thumbnails not showing

1. Video thumbnails not showing - Similar Threads - Video thumbnails showing

2. Video thumbnails are not showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video thumbnails are not showing: I built a new computer back in April last year and had Windows 11 installed on it. Everything was working fine except for the fact that for some reason the system would not show any thumbnail previews of any of my video files. That includes MP4s, MKVs, or even older formats...
  3. Video thumbnails are not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video thumbnails are not showing: I built a new computer back in April last year and had Windows 11 installed on it. Everything was working fine except for the fact that for some reason the system would not show any thumbnail previews of any of my video files. That includes MP4s, MKVs, or even older formats...
  4. Video Thumbnails not showing with 2K Video

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video Thumbnails not showing with 2K Video: I've recently started to take videos with my phone in 2k NOT 1080p & since doing so the thumbnail of the file is not showing But it still does on the 1080p video files. ? is this a bug in Windows or something to do with my PC? Running windows 10Any help would be appreciated...
  5. Video Thumbnails not showing with 2K Video

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video Thumbnails not showing with 2K Video: I've recently started to take videos with my phone in 2k NOT 1080p & since doing so the thumbnail of the file is not showing But it still does on the 1080p video files. ? is this a bug in Windows or something to do with my PC? Running windows 10Any help would be appreciated...
  6. Video Thumbnails not showing with 2K Video

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Video Thumbnails not showing. Image thumbnails work fine.

Video Thumbnails not showing. Image thumbnails work fine.: Video Thumbnails not showing. Image thumbnails work fine. if i change .mp4 file to .vob the icons show a preview again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-thumbnails-not-showing-image-thumbnails-work/8f8450f0-81fa-4baa-bc62-1e2f7d250f5d
  8. Thumbnail on some videos not showing

Thumbnail on some videos not showing: Hi,Some of the videos are not showing thumbnails in Windows 10. I can see them in Windows 7. I have done all the settings shown in the View Tab. Nothing seem to be working.Can you please assist.Thanks....
  9. Music & Video Thumbnails Not Showing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Music & Video Thumbnails Not Showing: Lately, my music and video files are only showing icons instead thumbnails where usually it should display thumbnail for video and album cover for music. Weirdly enough that only photos that able to show the thumbnails properly. I already unchecked the "always shows icons...
  10. Why the video thumbnails are not showing ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why the video thumbnails are not showing ?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/srrahman [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/glhazv/why_the_video_thumbnails_are_not_showing/