Windows 10: Video Thumbnails Not Working - Folder Options Are Correct

Discus and support Video Thumbnails Not Working - Folder Options Are Correct in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Upgraded about a week ago and things have gone fairly well so far, but I just noticed something that really bothers me. The thumbnails for video files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by stone, Aug 17, 2015.

1. stone Win User

Video Thumbnails Not Working - Folder Options Are Correct

Upgraded about a week ago and things have gone fairly well so far, but I just noticed something that really bothers me. The thumbnails for video files are not working. The folder option of show icon never thumbnail is not checked, and in system performance show thumbnail instead of icon is checked....folder option set to "video" type (but same thing happens with other types). I understand that those settings are normally the cause of the this type of issue, but not this time. Photo thumbnails work just fine. It may seem minor but it's a deal killer for me and I will wipe the drive and go back to windows 7 if this is just the way it works. However I'm thinking it must be something I can correct because they couldn't possibly have gotten rid of video thumbnails. Any ideas are appreciated.

:)

stone, Aug 17, 2015

2. Video Thumbnails not showing

Pictures show thumbnails, but Videos don't, these videos do show Thumbnails on my laptop. I have checked the correct boxes on folder options and Visual Effects. Have also deleted the Thumbs cache in Disk Cleanup. makes no sense. This is a faily new win
    10 64 Install ( 1 Month ) They were showing, but now not showing. Thanks

AM1M AAsus, Aug 17, 2015
  3. Windows 10 File Explorer video thumbnail display problem

I've just upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 and am now on build 10240.

In file explorer, I open a folder that contains pictures; I select one and the picture thumbnail appears in the preview pane. I select another picture and that thumbnail appears in the preview pane - that all works as expected. Now, I open a folder containing
    videos and select one (say video1). The thumbnail appears in the preview pane and is playable from there. Now I select another video (say video2) from the same folder but the thumbnail from video1 still remains in the preview pane. If I double click the thumbnail
    in the preview pane it now plays video2 ! Even if I switch to a different folder that contains other videos, the same thumbnail (video1) remains in the preview pane although the correct, selected video would play if the thumbnail was clicked.

I thought maybe my thumbnail Dbs might have become corrupted so I deleted all of them and let Windows rebuild them. Problem remained.

Any ideas ?

teadrinker[uk], Aug 17, 2015
Thema:

Video Thumbnails Not Working - Folder Options Are Correct

1. Video Thumbnails Not Working - Folder Options Are Correct - Similar Threads - Video Thumbnails Working

2. Video Thumbnails not showing. Image thumbnails work fine.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video Thumbnails not showing. Image thumbnails work fine.: Video Thumbnails not showing. Image thumbnails work fine. if i change .mp4 file to .vob the icons show a preview again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-thumbnails-not-showing-image-thumbnails-work/8f8450f0-81fa-4baa-bc62-1e2f7d250f5d
  3. Video Thumbnails not showing. Image thumbnails work fine.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video Thumbnails not showing. Image thumbnails work fine.: Video Thumbnails not showing. Image thumbnails work fine. if i change .mp4 file to .vob the icons show a preview again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-thumbnails-not-showing-image-thumbnails-work/8f8450f0-81fa-4baa-bc62-1e2f7d250f5d
  4. Video Thumbnails not showing. Image thumbnails work fine.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Video Folder Thumbnails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video Folder Thumbnails: When I upgraded to Windows 11 from Windows 10 Home, I lost my thumbnail images in my video folder, Instead of the thumbnail an image of the media player logo is displayed in all video folders for all videos. How can this be changed?...
  6. Video Folder Thumbnails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video Folder Thumbnails: When I upgraded to Windows 11 from Windows 10 Home, I lost my thumbnail images in my video folder, Instead of the thumbnail an image of the media player logo is displayed in all video folders for all videos. How can this be changed?...
  7. no video thumbnails, image thumbnails are working

in Windows 10 Support
    no video thumbnails, image thumbnails are working: Hi there, for some time now all videos on my system are without thumbnails in the explorer. Image files are shown correctly with thumbnails. I already tried all recommended solutions like deleting the thumbnail cache (manually and via disk cleaner), checked all settings in...
  8. Video Thumbnails not Generating in OneDrive folder

Video Thumbnails not Generating in OneDrive folder: Thumbnails for videos in all folders under OneDrive - Personal do not display. Thumbnails for images and other files show up perfectly and everythingshows up when not under my OneDrive - Personal folder. I haveLarge Thumbnails on, Always ShowThumbnails, Never Icons on, and...
  9. Picture Thumbnail not working correctly

Picture Thumbnail not working correctly: Hello I'm having an odd problem that i cant find any help for. When viewing pictures the thumbnail previews are blank as in nothing, there is no file type image its just blank. Even more oddly if i switch the view to medium icons they work. If i then switch to large icons i...
  10. Folder thumbnails not working.

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder thumbnails not working.: As I am creating new folders and dragging files into it the folder is not creating a thumbnail preview. Is my thumbnail cache corrupt? Would like to apply the right fix rather than an unnecessary one or one that makes things worse... [img] 97934