Windows 10: Video Thumbnails

Discus and support Video Thumbnails in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I recently bought a new camera a Sony A7iv and I am recording in the XAVC S format which is a medium compression format for mp4 videos but for some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Shawn Lee1, Sep 30, 2022.

1. Video Thumbnails

I recently bought a new camera a Sony A7iv and I am recording in the XAVC S format which is a medium compression format for mp4 videos but for some reason files from the device are not loading thumbnails I don't have this issue with any of my other cameras as both my Sony A6500 and A7ii video files are able to load thumbnails. I have tried going through the file explorer settings, clearing cache, and many others but none have worked for me. The thumbnails don't load in the file explorer but do load if I view them on Adobe Premiere Pro. I am unsure why this is happening and have even factory r

:)

Shawn Lee1, Sep 30, 2022
  2. Dyan Rey Win User

Video preview thumbnails

Hello,

System file corruption is one of the possible reasons why thumbnail preview has recently disappeared. To better assist you, please answer the following:

• For clarification, are referring to video preview thumbnails when using File Explorer?
    • We would like to verify if you are referring to the Fall Creators Update. To see your
      Windows build and version, please follow the steps in this
      article

In the meantime, we suggest creating a Test User Profile. This is to see if the same issue occurs on a different user profile.

To create a Test User Profile, follow these steps:

• On Search, type Settings then hit the
      Enter
      key.
    • On Settings window, select Accounts.
    • Select Family & other people.
    • Select Add someone else to this PC.
    • Name the User Profile as TEST.
    • Assign a password for TEST user, then select Next.
    • Sign in TEST user.

We'll be waiting on the results.

Dyan Rey, Sep 30, 2022
  3. Dgo47 Win User
    File Explorer not showing thumbnails

Brink,

Many thanks for you reply. I have done all the steps you suggested, but no change,

When I open a folder containing photos, some open correctly but the vast majority open with thumbnails, but they very quickly get overwritten and you can not longer see the thumbnails.

Are there any more suggestions?

Dgo47, Sep 30, 2022
  4. Callender Win User

Video Thumbnails

Inserting Thumbnails in Video Files..... !?

That is really complicated. See this thread posted in another forum:

Video Thumbnails: How to Edit? - VideoHelp Forum

I would suggest organising videos into appropriately named folders and give each video a name that identifies what it is.

Note: I've tried various video managers including Veehive and some of them can let you grab a thumbnail to use - mostly those chosen thumbnails are not displayed in Explorer even with MediaPreview installed. Instead thumbnails are auto generated.

I like this software to browse videos:

Diffractor: Find and organize - photos, videos and audio.

You might want to test it. Navigate to a folder containing video then hover mouse over thumbnails.

A quick demo video. Video can be played within Diffractor and additionally opened in other installed media player. Towards the end of the demo video you see a video opened in PotPlayer with timeline thumbnails. You also get timeline thumbnails in Diffractor.

Callender, Sep 30, 2022
Thema:

Video Thumbnails

1. Video Thumbnails - Similar Threads - Video Thumbnails

2. Only 2 files video show icon not thumbnail.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Only 2 files video show icon not thumbnail.: Good evening and thank you in advance for your time/expertise.Only two files video show icon, not thumbnail. I deleted and re-downloaded the files from Google Drive - twice.I reinstalled the program VideoLan VLC - twice. I cleared the cache with this programme:...
  3. Only 2 files video show icon not thumbnail.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Only 2 files video show icon not thumbnail.: Good evening and thank you in advance for your time/expertise.Only two files video show icon, not thumbnail. I deleted and re-downloaded the files from Google Drive - twice.I reinstalled the program VideoLan VLC - twice. I cleared the cache with this programme:...
  4. Only 2 files video show icon not thumbnail.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Video thumbnails are not showing

Video thumbnails are not showing: I built a new computer back in April last year and had Windows 11 installed on it. Everything was working fine except for the fact that for some reason the system would not show any thumbnail previews of any of my video files. That includes MP4s, MKVs, or even older formats...
  6. Video thumbnails are not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video thumbnails are not showing: I built a new computer back in April last year and had Windows 11 installed on it. Everything was working fine except for the fact that for some reason the system would not show any thumbnail previews of any of my video files. That includes MP4s, MKVs, or even older formats...
  7. My Windows 10 pc stopped displaying File thumbnails of images and videos and other extensions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Windows 10 pc stopped displaying File thumbnails of images and videos and other extensions: some program icons in the taskbar and the start menu such as the windows store and calculator app also show a white folder icon.I tried changing the folder view to show thumbnails , clearing icon and thumbnail cache , restoring to a previous windows restore point . So far it...
  8. My Windows 10 pc stopped displaying File thumbnails of images and videos and other extensions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Windows 10 pc stopped displaying File thumbnails of images and videos and other extensions: some program icons in the taskbar and the start menu such as the windows store and calculator app also show a white folder icon.I tried changing the folder view to show thumbnails , clearing icon and thumbnail cache , restoring to a previous windows restore point . So far it...
  9. My Windows 10 pc stopped displaying File thumbnails of images and videos and other extensions

10. No more video thumbnails and only for video in Windows 10 explorer.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No more video thumbnails and only for video in Windows 10 explorer.: Hello,Everything works fine but about 2 weeks ago I don't remember exactly well, all new videos created or imported on my PC don't display thumbnails anymore Windows 10 x64 Pro 22H2 last update excepted for .wmv and some .avi. Those that had their thumbnails in cache kept...