Windows 10: video transfer on external drives

Discus and support video transfer on external drives in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Having problems trying to organize my video files on external drives. To do the process it appears to be a very simple process but I find that opens... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by steve 361, Sep 8, 2019.

1. steve 361 Win User

video transfer on external drives

Having problems trying to organize my video files on external drives. To do the process it appears to be a very simple process but I find that opens multiple issues, be it security or capability unsure. Be denied rights to transfer files, but am the administrator. What is the cure?

:)

steve 361, Sep 8, 2019

2. External drive

Hi Richard,

There are several factors that can cause your external drive to not read DVDs even though the system is recognizing the device. This could be caused by a driver that needs to updated or corrupted files. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer the questions
    below:

• Just to confirm, the device that is not working properly is a external DVD optical drive?
    • Were there any recent changes or updates installed on your computer?
    • Have you tried to plug the external drive to a different port on your computer?

As a initial recommendation, we suggest that your run the built in troubleshooter in Windows 10. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the Search bar and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” in the top left corner.
    • This will display the list of troubleshooters which are built-in in the computer. You can click on
      Hardware and Devices from the list and you can run the troubleshooter.

This will check for common errors that affect hardware on your computer and attempts to correct them.

We look forward to your response after completing the steps.

Jordan Dom, Sep 8, 2019
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Unable to play video from external hard drive Error 0x80004005

HI Josep,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• Are you able to watch videos which are stored in computer and online?
    • Are you able to view photos and documents etc. from hard drive?

I suggest you to install all pending Windows updates and check. Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Follow the steps and check if that helps.

• Type Troubleshooting on Search and hit
      Enter.
    • Click on View all and click on Video playback.
    • Click on Advance and check Apply repairs automatically.
    • Follow on-screen instructions.
    By running this troubleshooter it will find and fix issue with playing movies, television and video. Do let us know if you are able to play videos from external hard drive. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Sep 8, 2019
  4. Remon Ont Win User

External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Sep 8, 2019
Thema:

1. video transfer on external drives - Similar Threads - video transfer external

2. transferring photos to external hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    transferring photos to external hard drive: Can someone please help me put my photos that I have saved onto my pc with OneDrive sync on, onto an external hard drive. i only want the image folder placed onto the external hard drive not the OneDrive back up.I have tried several times and it is coming up with There is not...
  3. transferring photos to external hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    transferring photos to external hard drive: Can someone please help me put my photos that I have saved onto my pc with OneDrive sync on, onto an external hard drive. i only want the image folder placed onto the external hard drive not the OneDrive back up.I have tried several times and it is coming up with There is not...
  4. USB transfer speed from external hard drive to external hard drive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    USB transfer speed from external hard drive to external hard drive: I'm having a hard time finding which USB ports on my laptop and its dock are v3 or v2 (or less possibly), but when I tried two different ports (I think one is v3), they both seemed to transfer at about 150KBps... which seems slow even for USB v2. I'm copying files from an...
  5. Can't transfer or copy or paste any files or videos to and from external drive to internal...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't transfer or copy or paste any files or videos to and from external drive to internal...: Hi there, I just got my new windows 10 desktop pc. I set it up and first thing I did is updated all the drivers from official HP website, since I bought HP pc. It seemed to be working fine in the first impression but when I tried to download some files, it was saved in C...
  6. Transferring sent video file to external thumb drive

Transferring sent video file to external thumb drive: A friend sent a video as an attachment to an email. He cautioned that the video is a huge file and recommended I transfer it to a thumb drive before viewing. I have my Scandisk flash drive inserted in the PC USB Port. But I can't find instruction on how to transfer the data...
  7. Transferring photos to a USB drive/external drive

Transferring photos to a USB drive/external drive: so i am trying to move 5 .jpg photos from the Documents folder in my C drive onto a external drive, so I click copy from the Documents folder, then attempt to paste in the external drive, and the photo fails to transfer. It shows the green transfer speed bar, then reaches...
  8. Saving a Video to External Hard Drive

Saving a Video to External Hard Drive: I have many video that I made in the past and are saved under "Videos" But, now Windows 10 is using a Video Editor programme within photos, I have made a video as a Titled Video Project there but cannot integrate it with all my previous Videos or transfer it to the hard...
  9. Transferring photos to an external drive such as Passport

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Transferring photos to an external drive such as Passport: How does one transfer photos to an external hard drive, such as PassPort, to prevent additional storage expense on OneDrive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transferring-photos-to-an-external-drive-such-as/25a15c5c-d616-4b49-84a1-50b3e6a8cfb4
  10. transferring folders to external drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    transferring folders to external drive: Hello - - what does the code Ox8OO28CAO mismatch mean? My external drive won't accept the folders I want to transfer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transferring-folders-to-external-drive/c08e0d3e-1a7e-44de-b715-970a29011460