Windows 10: Video using Microsoft Photo app -

Discus and support Video using Microsoft Photo app - in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi - I just created a video using the photo app, and I applied the Adventure theme to it. The video is just under 1 minute, and I have various title... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Denise_Advisor21, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Video using Microsoft Photo app -

Hi -

I just created a video using the photo app, and I applied the Adventure theme to it. The video is just under 1 minute, and I have various title cards in the video with text on those title cards, and for various duration.

Upon playing the video within the app (to see how well it flows), the title card with the associated text would play for 2 seconds, then the text would disappear, leaving only a blank title card until the next title card appears. Obviously, I don't want this to be the case.

I've created the same video on 2 different windows machines, with the same result. Is this a glitch?

Can someone shed light on this, or let me know how to rectify this, please.

I would be quite grateful.

Cheers,

:)

Denise_Advisor21, Aug 12, 2019

2. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Aug 12, 2019
  3. Windows Photos Export Video Project Problem

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties you are facing with the Photos App, while exporting video project. We were able to create and export the video project. So the issue could be with photos app installed in the PC. I would suggest you
    to follow the steps mentioned in these methods.

Method 1: Please refer the steps as mentioned in

Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store
    article.

Method 2: You can also try to re-install the app using PowerShell. Here are steps to re-install photos app:

1. Open PowerShell (Admin). Right click on the start button and then on PowerShell (Admin).
    2. Then type: get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage
    3. Once the above command is successful. You can install the Photo app from Microsoft Store.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Aug 12, 2019
  4. Mithin_EJ Win User

Video using Microsoft Photo app -

Movie Editor in the photos app keeps uploading a pink/purple video instead of the actual video

Hi Emma Epps,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To get clarity of this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, kindly reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Is this issue occurring with all the video app, or with the particular video file?
    2. What is the Graphic Card that you have installed on your PC?
    3. What is the make and model of the system?
    4. What is the version of Windows 10 you are using? You can refer this article to
      Check for operating system information in Windows 10.

It seems likely this pink artifacts on export issue is caused by display driver compatibility issues. However, I suggest you to follow the below method and check if that helps.

Method 1: Turn off hardware-accelerated video encoding in Settings

1. Open photo app and select settings
    2. At the bottom you will find your app version number in the About this app section
    3. If you are running version 2018.180710.00 or greater
      there will also be a Video section with a toggle on this page
    4. You should try turning off this toggle, which will disable hardware-accelerated video encoding, then exporting your video.

I also suggest you to refer this Thread
    Windows photo app - Export/Share function problem
    , from Sarah S (Microsoft)
    Replied on July 14, 2018.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,

Mithin_EJ, Aug 12, 2019
Thema:

Video using Microsoft Photo app -

1. Video using Microsoft Photo app - - Similar Threads - Video using Microsoft

2. Videos on Photos app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Videos on Photos app: I like to go through my photos and videos all at once using the photo app. I was able to just click to the next video just fine before and without changing any settings it all of a sudden started muting each video. So, when I click to the next video or from a photo back to...
  3. saving a photo from a video using microsoft photo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    saving a photo from a video using microsoft photo: I have tried to save a photo from a video. It will not save and it gives the message' something went wrong'. I have repaired and reset microsoft photo. I also uninstalled and reinstalled this app. What is the fix for this issue?...
  4. saving a photo from a video using microsoft photo

saving a photo from a video using microsoft photo: I have tried to save a photo from a video. It will not save and it gives the message' something went wrong'. I have repaired and reset microsoft photo. I also uninstalled and reinstalled this app. What is the fix for this issue?...
  5. Trimming videos using Photos App...

Trimming videos using Photos App...: Re: Trimming videos using the Photos App Any ideas why, when I trim an .mp4 created using Xbox game bar, that the resulting .mp4 is an exponentially smaller file? E.g. I cut 5 mins off a 2 hour video and the file size went from 2mb to .65mb? I personally don't notice...
  6. Issues while exporting videos using Microsoft Photos app

Issues while exporting videos using Microsoft Photos app: Hi! So I have been working on a video and when I exported it, after a few minutes of exporting, a notification says couldn,t export video please restart the photos app and try again. It is really pissing me off as i already restarted the app but it still says the same thing....
  7. Photos and videos in Microsoft Photos App greyed out?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos and videos in Microsoft Photos App greyed out?: The other night everything way fine and I checked this morning and there are many photos and videos greyed out on the Microsoft photos app. Nothing is in the recycling bin and right-clicking the thumbnails does not give me many options. They wont open either, it just...
  8. Using Microsoft Photos app

Using Microsoft Photos app: How do I learn to use the new photo program called 'Photos' that has replaced Picture Manager? I can't figure it out! ***Original title: How to use Microsoft 'Photos'***...
  9. Extracting a photo from video using Windows Photo App

Extracting a photo from video using Windows Photo App: I have been using the photo app to extract stills from video files for some time. It worked fine when I was using a camera that made .mov files. My new camera makes MP4 files. When I use the 'save a photo' facility it now saves a one second long video clip as a .jpg file...
  10. Microsoft Photos app not importing video

Microsoft Photos app not importing video: Could someone please help me with the video project feature in Photos? It will allow me to import photos into my project but no video clips. I am using .file type that it purportedly accepts (.avi) and have tried others as well. I have tried to do it from a file landed on...