Windows 10: Video won't play on my Microsoft Edge

Discus and support Video won't play on my Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Videos (on YouTube, Factbook, etc) play fine on my Google account but freeze, flash or go black when I try to play them on Edge. I've checked to make... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by billyboystl, Sep 7, 2018.

1. billyboystl Win User

Video won't play on my Microsoft Edge

Videos (on YouTube, Factbook, etc) play fine on my Google account but freeze, flash or go black when I try to play them on Edge. I've checked to make sure my adobe player is on in advanced settings. Anyone have the same problem? This only started happening in the past few months.

:)

billyboystl, Sep 7, 2018
  2. garrywilliams1 Win User

microsoft store games won`t play

when I download a game from the Microsoft store it won`t play

the splash screen appears then goes

I have a core i5 with an nvidivia graphics card I tb hdd and 8 gb ram

I have tried the diagnostic for microsoft store and it say cache may need fixing.

garrywilliams1, Sep 7, 2018
  3. RolandoPrado Win User
    No embedded video play with Microsoft Edge

I performed the above suggestion but I still can't play video on Microsoft Edge. I also can not change my search engine.

RolandoPrado, Sep 7, 2018
  4. Janeane Cru Win User

Video Lag

Hi John,

The latency in playing videos might have been caused by network interruption, or an incompatible graphics driver. For us to isolate the issue, we would like to ask these questions:

• Does the issue happens when playing videos online or you have experienced the latency when playing videos that are saved on your drive too?
    • Which browser are you using?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your system settings prior to this issue?
    • Have you encountered any network issues?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you use Microsoft Edge and
    Internet Explorer
    to check if the issue persists. If the issue happens in Internet Explorer, please use this article as your reference:

Videos won’t play in Internet Explorer

We look forward for your response.

Janeane Cru, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

1. Video won't play on my Microsoft Edge - Similar Threads - Video won't play

2. microsoft edge not playing videos in some web pages

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    microsoft edge not playing videos in some web pages: I am using windows 10 and Microsoft edge for my web experience and have done so for some time now. everything worked fine up until a couple of weeks or so, ago. now, when viewing some websites that have videos in the content, some of those videos open up and after it...
  3. How to stop Videos from Auto-playing in Microsoft Edge browser

in Windows 10 News
    How to stop Videos from Auto-playing in Microsoft Edge browser: [ATTACH] Microsoft Windows 10 v1809 has added options that let you allow or disable video autoplay in Microsoft Edge. You can stop them from playing on all websites you open on Microsoft Edge, or you can allow/stop them from playing on [...] This post How to stop Videos from...
  4. Not able to play Youtube videos in Edge windows10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Not able to play Youtube videos in Edge windows10: Dear Team, Unable to play youtube videos in Edge browser https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/not-able-to-play-youtube-videos-in-edge-windows10/0d39e71f-ce2d-40e6-af07-c8398bbe37cf
  5. Video won't play in Facebook, Amazon Video

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Video won't play in Facebook, Amazon Video: I have a new Dell laptop with Windows 10. I can't get any video to play on Facebook and Streaming services, have waded through multiple help pages and cannot find a solution....
  6. Online Videos Won't Run In Edge

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Online Videos Won't Run In Edge: Hi - Online videos won't run in Microsoft Edge (Windows 10). I've checked other answers to similar questions and tried recommended solutions, but nothing's worked....
  7. Why won't my computer play web videos?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why won't my computer play web videos?: my computer will not play ANY web video. i get no error message, constant loading or black screen from youtube and green screen from facebook and all other websites as well. I use chrome...my laptop is a brand new MSI gaming laptop and is only two months old theres no reason...
  8. Cannot play video with Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer 11

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot play video with Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer 11: Greetings everyone: When going to the following page, there is a video, it plays in Chrome but not Internet Explorer 11 or Edge, anyone knows what plug-in is actually used and how to fix it as it's the same reason moji's are not playing in skype....
  9. YouTube won't play on Microsoft Edge

in Browsers and Email
    YouTube won't play on Microsoft Edge: I was trying to figure out why is YouTube not playing on the browser of Microsoft Edge. I have read different articles online trying to solve this problem. With Google Chrome YouTube is working with no problem but not Microsoft Edge. Is there a reason why can't YouTube run on...
  10. Videos Won't Play on Windows Edge

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Videos Won't Play on Windows Edge: Several months ago, my laptop stopped playing videos, whether they be YouTube, or even news videos. Only does this using MS Edge.. Chrome plays them fine. Saw a similar issue, and it said to solve change Rendering to Software rather than GPU Rendering. I changed it, restarted...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. video wont play edge