Windows 10: VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR IN GL63-8SE

Discus and support VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR IN GL63-8SE in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I don't know where to post this, I asked previously with MSI Support, but they didn't seem to help. i am getting a VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by NicoMartinez4, Aug 7, 2020.

1. VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR IN GL63-8SE

Hello, I don't know where to post this, I asked previously with MSI Support, but they didn't seem to help. i am getting a VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR BSOD. I am having a hard time finding the problem

here's the dump from Whocrashed.

crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\080720-11234-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: watchdog.sys watchdog+0x3AD0
    Bugcheck code: 0x113 0x19, 0x2, 0x10DE, 0x1F11
    Error: VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\watchdog.sys
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: Watchdog Driver
    Bug check description: This indicates that the dxg kernel has detected a violation.
    The crash took place in a Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

this happens when i am gaming, but not always.

i have undervolted the CPU to prevent overheating, could that be a cause?

Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

System Details

link to dump

:)

NicoMartinez4, Aug 7, 2020

2. Stop code: Video_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR restarting computer

VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR IN GL63-8SE 69ec04ce-1ca0-4bf7-8898-690548266d4e.jpg

I have a coworker who keeps getting this message and her laptop restarts at seemingly random times. I followed all the steps from www.windows.com/stopcode yet it continues to restart randomly. It is an MSI laptop running Windows 10. I noticed (as in the
    image above) that the Stop code is for Video_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR so I both updated the drivers and rolled back video drivers after updating them did not stop this issue. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Moved from: [Windows / Windows 10 / Devices & drivers]

David Tveraas, Aug 7, 2020
  3. Muyak Win User
    VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR

Having blue screen upon restart from hibernation mode "VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR" since build 18342. Occurring every time after wake on mouse/keyboard. Home built unit in intel i7-4770k using onboard processor graphics. Anyone else having same occurance?

Muyak, Aug 7, 2020
  4. Lionel_23 Win User

VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR IN GL63-8SE

Lionel_23, Aug 7, 2020
Thema:

VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR IN GL63-8SE

1. VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR IN GL63-8SE - Similar Threads - VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR GL63 8SE

2. MSI Laptop GL63 8SE keyboard blink and not booting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSI Laptop GL63 8SE keyboard blink and not booting: My laptop having this problem for over 5+ monthsWhere my laptop when i pressed the power button to boot it up the keyboard just start blink same goes with the capslock light it will just do that over until im my battery is low, but when i plugged it with the charger it boot...
  3. MSI Laptop GL63 8SE keyboard blink and not booting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MSI Laptop GL63 8SE keyboard blink and not booting: My laptop having this problem for over 5+ monthsWhere my laptop when i pressed the power button to boot it up the keyboard just start blink same goes with the capslock light it will just do that over until im my battery is low, but when i plugged it with the charger it boot...
  4. VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR: My computer is a Dell Precision 3551 and the OS Windows 11. The problem usually appears after loading SolidWorks 2022 after 0.5 or 3-4 hours even if I do not use the software. All the drivers are update and SolidWorks 2022 original and recently re-installed. Recently I...
  5. VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR: Hey, I've been having issues with VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR BSOD, according to bluescreen error the problem seems to be because of my nvidia card as the error only happens shortly after trying to open a video game. So far I have tried: Uninstalling the nvidia driver and...
  6. Msi GL63 9SDK

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Msi GL63 9SDK: I have problems with my audio servers, I try tu update them and everything but it doesn't do noyhing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msi-gl63-9sdk/2889689c-1d93-4aca-80bd-9bb4e05635ed
  7. VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR BSOD

VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR BSOD: Hi, I have posted some minidump files in this thread but they were not answered. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/videodxgkrnlfatalerror-bsod/3fa21308-43cf-4a85-9dd2-24690306f1e2...
  8. Video_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Video_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR: Good afternoon, I'm trying to fix above problem for days now. I was advised to disable automatic update for drivers and install the latest driver for my Nvidia GTX 1050. So I did but the problem still exists. What else can I do?...
  9. VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR BSOD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR BSOD: Using Asus UX331UN, Windows 10 Home Crash with error VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR I attached the dumpfile below. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtkkSAO64sYMggTXoW1cosIWAYiq?e=bmMiZv...
  10. VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR

VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR: Having blue screen upon restart from hibernation mode "VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR" since build 18342. Occurring every time after wake on mouse/keyboard. Home built unit in intel i7-4770k using onboard processor graphics. Anyone else having same occurance?...