Windows 10: VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR

Discus and support VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Having blue screen upon restart from hibernation mode "VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR" since build 18342. Occurring every time after wake on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Muyak, Mar 9, 2019.

1. Muyak Win User

VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR

Having blue screen upon restart from hibernation mode "VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR" since build 18342. Occurring every time after wake on mouse/keyboard. Home built unit in intel i7-4770k using onboard processor graphics. Anyone else having same occurance?

:)

Muyak, Mar 9, 2019

2. Stop code: Video_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR restarting computer

VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR 69ec04ce-1ca0-4bf7-8898-690548266d4e.jpg

I have a coworker who keeps getting this message and her laptop restarts at seemingly random times. I followed all the steps from www.windows.com/stopcode yet it continues to restart randomly. It is an MSI laptop running Windows 10. I noticed (as in the
    image above) that the Stop code is for Video_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR so I both updated the drivers and rolled back video drivers after updating them did not stop this issue. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Moved from: [Windows / Windows 10 / Devices & drivers]

David Tveraas, Mar 9, 2019
  3. Geethu B Win User
    Scan for hardware changes causes blue screen error VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I will surely help you to fix the Blue Screen error.

The bug check VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR indicates that the Microsoft DirectX graphics kernel subsystem has detected a violation.

To understand the issue better, let me know what is the make and model of the computer?

Method 1:

I suggest you to uninstall and re-install latest graphics driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to try the steps in the following article which will help to fix common Blue Screen errors. Check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Mar 9, 2019
  4. VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR

Hello. In the last two days I have been experiencing multiple BSOD's with error message VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR, so here I am asking the community for suggestions on what to do because the **** online chat support from microsoft didn't help at all, even
    though this is a licensed version of Win10 Home for which I paid when I bought my laptop.

I have checked that the drivers are up to date on the manufacturer's website. What should I try next ? The BSODs occur in a very random fashion, but usually when doing nothing except reading text on the monitor, without any input or noticeable processor/hdd
    activity. I should mention that I use the laptop hooked to an external monitor. Didn't check if the error occurs when using the laptop screen because I almost never use the laptop this way.

Machine is an Asus Zenbook UX501JW with Nvidia GTX960M 4GB as dedicated video card.

Traian Mechenescu, Mar 9, 2019
Thema:

1. VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR - Similar Threads - VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR

2. VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR: hello I have a problem I just got a blue screen and the stop code is VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR randomy and it shuts down my laptop is acer System Model Aspire A715-75G. I checked in MyAcer about BSOD but it doesn't help me. please help me....
  3. VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR: hello I have a problem I just got a blue screen and the stop code is VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR randomy and it shuts down my laptop is acer System Model Aspire A715-75G. I checked in MyAcer about BSOD but it doesn't help me. please help me....
  4. System crashing due to VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System crashing due to VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR: I am using ASUS ROG Zephyrus G14 with specifications. Processor AMD Ryzen 5 4600HS with Radeon Graphics 3.00 GHzInstalled RAM 16.0 GB 15.4 GB usable NVIDIA GTX 1650TiOS :Edition Windows 11 Pro Version 23H2 Installed on ‎11-‎03-‎2024 OS build 22631.3296 Experience Windows...
  5. System crashing due to VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR

System crashing due to VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR: I am using ASUS ROG Zephyrus G14 with specifications. Processor AMD Ryzen 5 4600HS with Radeon Graphics 3.00 GHzInstalled RAM 16.0 GB 15.4 GB usable NVIDIA GTX 1650TiOS :Edition Windows 11 Pro Version 23H2 Installed on ‎11-‎03-‎2024 OS build 22631.3296 Experience Windows...
  6. how do I fix video_dxgkrnl_fatal_error in windows 11 on my dell g15 5525 laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I fix video_dxgkrnl_fatal_error in windows 11 on my dell g15 5525 laptop: I'm not sure why I keep getting this blue screen crash, I have all drivers updated, I have reinstalled graphics drivers with DDU tool. I have reset windows completely and still keep coming back with this error. I changed my MUX switch off at one point so that the PC would...
  7. how do I fix video_dxgkrnl_fatal_error in windows 11 on my dell g15 5525 laptop

how do I fix video_dxgkrnl_fatal_error in windows 11 on my dell g15 5525 laptop: I'm not sure why I keep getting this blue screen crash, I have all drivers updated, I have reinstalled graphics drivers with DDU tool. I have reset windows completely and still keep coming back with this error. I changed my MUX switch off at one point so that the PC would...
  8. Video_DXGKRNL_Fatal_Error Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video_DXGKRNL_Fatal_Error Issue: Hello I need help here, I've been experiencing black screen/BSOD that says "DXGKRNL_Fatal_error" and I've already reinstalled Window and done clean reinstallations of every driver but the issue still happens when I try to play a game, I am using a Nitro 5 RTX 4060. An515-68...
  9. Video_DXGKRNL_Fatal_Error Issue

Video_DXGKRNL_Fatal_Error Issue: Hello I need help here, I've been experiencing black screen/BSOD that says "DXGKRNL_Fatal_error" and I've already reinstalled Window and done clean reinstallations of every driver but the issue still happens when I try to play a game, I am using a Nitro 5 RTX 4060. An515-68...
  10. VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR

VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR: Hello I have a problem I just got a blue screen and the stop code is VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR when I entered youtube in chrome. my laptop is lenovo ideapad gaming 3 15ARH7. please help me...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. driver status power failure video dgxkrnl fatal error 1809